Let's Get These Teen Hearts Beating Faster

Chapter Six.

We had just finished an interview with Ryan Seacrest. I wanted to get back to the hotel as soon as possible, because I was still worried about Bella. I still couldn’t believe her father could do that to her. She didn’t deserve that.

“Don’t you think, Joe?” Kevin said, shaking me from my thoughts.

“Huh?” I asked.

“Nothing. Don’t worry about it.” He said. “Are you still worried about Bella?”

“Yeah.. It’s got to be really hard on her.” I said. “I can’t imagine what it would feel like to be in her position. I just can’t believe it. What kind of father does that to his daughter?”

“Not a very good one.” Nick said.

We were quiet for the rest of the way to the hotel. When we got there, I immediately went to Bella’s room. I knocked on the door, but she didn’t answer. I knocked again.

“Come in.” she called. “It’s open.”

I opened the door and walked in, looking around the room to see where Bella was. I saw her sitting on the floor next to the bed with a photo album in her hands. I sighed and went to sit next to her.

“Are you okay?” I asked her.

“Yeah. I’m fine.” She replied. I wasn’t convinced. She continued turning the pages, and I looked at the pictures with her. Every now and then, she’d tell a story with one of the pictures.

“Oooh..” I said. “What do we have here?” It was a picture of Bella when she must have been about 4 years old. “Is that a naked Bella?” I asked with a smirk. Bella’s face immediately reddened, and she tried to close the book, but I was faster and snatched the album away from her, and ran to the other side of the room.

“Joe, give it back!” she said.

“No.”

“Joseph.” She glared at me.

“If you want it so bad, you’ll have to come over here and get it.” I teased. She glared at me again, before launching herself at me. I kept avoiding her, until I tripped on her shoes and landed on the floor with her on top of me. She used the moment to steal the photo album back, but I wasn’t giving up that easily. I flipped us over so that now I was on top of her so she couldn’t escape.

“Come on, Bella.” I said. “Be a good girl and let me see the picture.”

“No.” she pouted.

“Bella.” I sighed.

“Joseph.” She said, in the same tone, before throwing the book under her bed. I looked back down at her.

“You know, I’m going to have to punish you for that.” I said. She looked up at me confused. I started tickling her.

“No..” she said “Joe.. stop.. can’t.. breathe..” I continued to tickle her for a little while longer and then stopped and let her catch her breath. When she was finally breathing normal again, she looked up at me. If looks could kill, I would have died that seconds. But they can’t, so I just laughed.

“You are awfully adorable when you’re angry, Bella.” I said, smiling. And before I knew what I was doing, I brought my face closer to hers and let my lips touch hers. She didn’t respond at first, so I started moving my lips. This seemed to get her attention, because she started kissing me back.

Our kiss was interrupted when my cell phone rang. It startled us both, and we broke apart. I took my phone out of my pocket, and saw who was calling. I instantly felt guilty.

“It’s Jamie.” I whispered, not wanting to look at Bella after what I had done. “I have to go.”

I walked out of Bella’s room and into the hallway. My phone was still ringing. I took a deep breath before I answered.

“Hello?”

“Hey, Joe.” She said. “It’s me.”

“Hi Jamie.” I tried my best to make my voice sound normal. “How are you?”

“I’m great. I went to the mall with some of the girls today. It was the most fun I’ve had since forever.” She said. “But, anyway, I just called to let you know that I need to stay here for another week.”

I sighed. “You really can’t come back sooner?” I asked her. “I really miss you.”

“I’m sorry, Joe.” She said. “I miss you too, but I can’t come back yet.”

“Okay.” I said. “I guess I could handle another week.” I heard giggling in the background, clearly Jamie wasn’t alone.

“Anyway, I need to go.” She said. “We’re going to a spa. I’ll call you later.”

Before I could even reply, she had already hung up her phone. I sighed and sat on the floor against the wall, thinking about everything. I don’t know how long I sat there, before Nick found me.

“Joe?” he said. “What’s wrong?”

“Jamie called.” I said. “She needs to stay with her mom for another week.” For a moment, I didn’t know if I should tell Nick about what happened with Bella. But we told each other everything.

“Oh. Well, a week isn’t that long Joe.” He said.

“I know.” I sighed. “But that’s not all.” He looked at me, waiting for me to continue.

“I kissed Bella.” I whispered. Nick’s eyes widened.

“Wow..” he said. “Well.. uhm.. is that a bad thing or a good thing?” he asked me.

“A bad thing, obviously.” I said, angry that he would even ask that question. “It was a mistake. I have Jamie. It shouldn’t have happened. It won’t happen again.”

“Okay.” Nick said, but I could tell he wasn’t convinced. “Uhm, we have to leave for dinner soon, so maybe you should go get ready.”

“Yeah, maybe.” I said, getting up and walking to my room. This was going to be a long night, with Bella there.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm so sorry I waited this long to update, and then post a crappy and short chapter. I could make all kinds of excuses for not updating sooner, but I won't, I'll just say I'm really really sorry. I will try to update sooner next time.