Let's Get These Teen Hearts Beating Faster

Chapter Five.

Two weeks had gone by, and we were currently on our way to Seattle. My dad still hadn’t called me back. I was sitting on the Jonas bus, staring out the window. I saw Joe sitting on the couch talking to Jamie on the phone. She had to go home for a while, because her mother had broken her foot and she needed help. It was kind of a relief that Jamie wasn’t here anymore. Every time she was around, Joe would give all his attention to her. He seemed to really like her. It was sickening actually. It’s like he forgot that there were other people alive whenever she was around. I liked it better in the rare moments that she wasn’t attached to Joe. That gave me the opportunity to hang out with him. I was starting to really like him, a lot. But I knew I didn’t stand a chance. Although, he still seemed to flirt with me. Maybe he was just a naturally flirty person. I was so lost in my thoughts that I didn’t hear him come up to me, until he let out a fake cough. He sat across from me.

“Are you okay?” he asked.

“Yeah, I’m fine.” I said. “Why wouldn’t I be?”

“Well, you’ve been staring out the window for about an hour now. You’re never usually this quiet.” He said.

“My dad lives in Seattle.” I said.

“Oh, that’s great.” Joe said. “He can come to the concert, then!”

“Yeah, he can.” I said. “But, I’m not so sure he will.” Joe looked confused.

“What do you mean?” he asked. “Why wouldn’t he come?”

“I don’t know. I just haven’t seen him since my parents split up 10 years ago. And all I ever hear from him are phone calls on my birthday and Christmas.” I said, sighing. “When I found out that we were going to Seattle, I called him and left a message. I said that I was going on tour, and that I would like for him to come see me perform. But he never called back. So, I just sent him a ticket, in case he wanted to come. And I called him again, to let him know. But he didn’t return that call either.” By this point I was almost crying. “I really want him to come, but I guess deep down I already know that he won’t. I just don’t understand what I did wrong. Why doesn’t he love me? I don’t get it.” Joe looked at me with sad eyes. I started crying.

“Oh, Bella. I’m so sorry.” He said, pulling me on his lap and into his arms. He started rocking back and forth, trying to calm me down.

“Maybe he will come and he just forgot to call you back.” He said. “And I’m sure he does love you, Bella. How could he not?” He gave me a kiss on my forehead. “And if he doesn’t want you in his life, then it’s his loss, ‘cause you’re absolutely amazing and he would be lucky to have someone like you.”

We stayed like that for a little while longer. Me, on Joe’s lap, with his arms around me. And him, whispering soothing words in my ear.

-

I woke up, feeling my head rest against something hard, but soft at the same time. I opened my eyes to see that my pillow was in fact Joe’s chest. I guessed I had fallen asleep while I was crying. And Joe did too. He was still sleeping. He looked absolutely adorable. I heard someone clear their throat and looked up to see Nick standing there with a smirk on his face. I blushed. I held my finger up to him, to tell him to wait and tried to get out of Joe’s arms. Tried, because every time I pulled away, he just tightened his hold on me. Nick started laughing, which caused Joe to wake up. He looked at Nick, confused.

“What are you laughing about?” he asked him, still not letting go of me.

“She was trying to get up, but you wouldn’t let her go.” Nick answered. Joe rolled his eyes and immediately let go of me.

“I guess I thought you were Jamie.” He said, getting up. That hurt. Joe walked to the bathroom, leaving Nick and I alone.

“Oh, oh.” Nick said.

“What?” I asked him.

“You like Joe.” He said.

“No, I don’t.” I replied

“Yes, you do.” He shot back.

“Well, you like Ella!” I said. Nick’s face turned bright red.

“Don’t change the subject!” he said. But Joe came back out of the bathroom, so the subject was dropped.

“How are you feeling?” he asked me.

“Better.” I said, forcing a smile.

“Wait. What happened?” Nick asked.

“Well, nothing happened.” I said. “I was just upset about my dad. But I really don’t want to talk about it.”

“Okay.” Nick said, but he and Joe still looked worried.

“I’m fine, okay?” I said. “And who knows, maybe he will come to the concert.”

-

I walked of stage more disappointed than I had ever been before. My dad hadn’t been there. I had looked at the seats for the tickets I gave him, and they were empty. He didn’t even call to say he couldn’t make it. He just ignored me. I passed the boys on the way, and sent them a fake smile. They had to go perform, and I didn’t want them to worry.

When I was finally alone, I sat down against the wall and started crying. I couldn’t stop. I must’ve been there for a long time, because when the boys came back, I was still on the floor, crying. They immediately came to my side.

“Bella?” Kevin asked. “What’s wrong?”

“He wasn’t here.” I said. “He doesn’t love me.”

“What are you talking about?” Kevin asked. “Who are you talking about?”

“My dad.” I whispered.

Suddenly, I felt two arms pick me up. I could recognize Joe through my tears, but I had no idea where we where he was taking me. But it didn’t matter. I knew he would take care of me, so I just closed my eyes and tried to fall asleep.

-

I woke up in a hotel bed, my head hurting from all the crying. I saw Joe sleeping on my couch. He stayed there for me, how sweet.

I took my guitar, careful not to wake him, and went to sit on the balcony. I had a melody for a song stuck in my head for a while, and now I finally had lyrics. I started to play the melody, and just let the lyrics come out.

I wait for the postman to bring me a letter,
And I wait for the good lord to make me feel better,
And I carry the weight of the world on my shoulders,
Family in crisis that only grows older.

Why’d you have to go?
Why’d you have to go?
Why’d you have to go?

Daughter to father, daughter to father,
I am broken, but I am hoping,
Daughter to father, daughter to father,
I am crying, a part of me’s dying and,
These are, these are,
The confessions of a broken heart.

And I wear all your old clothes, the old polo sweater,
I dream of another you, one who would never,
Never leave me alone to pick up the pieces,
Daddy to hold me, that’s what I needed.

So why’d you have to go?
Why’d you have to go?
Why’d you have to go?

Daughter to father, daughter to father,
I don’t know you, but I still want to,
Daughter to father, daughter to father,
Tell me the truth, did you ever love me?
‘Cause these are, these are,
The confessions of a broken heart,
Of a broken heart.

I love you, I love you,
I love you, I …
I love you!

Daughter to father, daughter to father,
I don’t know you, but I still want to,
Daughter to father, daughter to father,
Tell me the truth, did you ever love me?
These are…
The confessions of a broken heart.

Oooohh… yeah.

And I wait for the postman to bring me a letter.


[A/N: Confessions of a Broken Heart (Daughter to Father) by Lindsay Lohan.]

I wiped away the tears that had appeared on my face while singing the song.

“That was really good.” I heard Joe say. I looked up to see him staring at me. I gave him a weak smile.

“Thanks.” I said. I stood up to walk back into the room. Joe stopped me, and gave me a hug. We stood like that for a few seconds, before we went back inside, to get more sleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
Are you excited for the Live Chat? I am! XD
Comment, please! x