Tension's Like a Fire

Chapter 19

The next day after everyone had gotten their zingers in about Alex and Jazz “hookin’ up,” “banging,” any word they thought would fit really.

Jazz embarrassed that they all heard buried her crimson red face in her hand and Alex rolled his eyes and said, “Come on what else ya got? I know it’s not ending here.”

The guys all went out to do some things, they said something about a demolition job they got called about. None of the girls asked and none knew about their jobs.

Realistically this was how they kept their apartment, they hadn’t gotten a call for a job in a few days but now that they got one they had to go to it. They made great money doing this especially since they were paid like they were an average demolition team of 10 to 15, none of the guys that called them realized that four guys could get as much work done as they did a fast as they did. Of course they didn’t know that they were hiring guys with superpowers.

So the girls were stuck hanging around the apartment and with the way Sally was feeling toward Amelia made the whole place tense.

Jazz only attempting to break the tension tried to start a conversation, but oh boy did she choose the wrong topic.

“So it seems you’re getting pretty close to Jack, huh Amelia?” She started politely.

Amelia smiled at Jazz’s “Cute” attempt at cutting the tension. Amelia at 25 was older than everyone -although only by 4 or 5 years depending on the person- and looked at them thinking “They’re such cute kids.” all the time.

“Yes. He’s very talented. I’m trying to help him tap into that talent a little more.” She said very kindly.

Everything she said was twisted in Sally’s head into some crude remark about sex.

“Than just go fuck him already.” She spit jealously.

Jazz and Amelia looked at her shocked.

“What?” Amelia asked softly.

“We get it you and Jack. What more needs to be said?” She spit with even more venom.

Amelia started laughing.

Jazz now looked at her like she was doped up and the rage in Sally’s face grew exponentially thinking that Amelia was mocking her.

Then Amelia spoke through her laughter. “Me and Jack? Never!”

Somehow this didn’t please Sally. “Why the hell not?” Now it was more like she was defending the boy’s name.

“I’m a lesbian!” She announced still wracked with laughter.

“What?” Jazz and Sally both said with jaws agape.

“I like women.” She said honestly as her laughter began to die down.

The girls both looked at each other then back to Amelia.

Sally looked a little embarrassed for being so jealous. “So wasn’t expecting that.” She muttered to herself.

“But I thought you said something about Stefan always trying to court you?” Jazz asked once she could wrap her mind about words.

Amelia leaned against the island in the kitchen. “That’s why I said tried not succeeded.”

They were both still floored by her declaration.

“So Sally, I see you’ve got feelings for Jack.” Amelia said turning the whole situation back to how it began Sally’s jealousy.

Sally’s face instantly lit up in a blush that she cursed her English skin for making so obvious. “I-Um-Well.”

Jazz’s eyes expanded. “Oh my God! She’s right! You’ve got it bad for Jack!” She exclaimed in total astonishment.

***

“When are you going to break it to Sally that you’ve got it bad?” Zack asked before he pushed over the final wall.

His cheeks heated up instantly when the conversation came up. “I don’t know.” He mumbled as he mentally moved the bricks to the giant orange trash bin that they rented for the smaller jobs.

“Well you should soon or she could start dating someone else.” Rian said as he walked by going for his water bottle having decided this was a good moment to take a breather.

At this Alex scoffed. “She just lost her job because she no called no showed all the days she was kidnapped and she doesn’t leave the apartment. Out of all of us who would she really date? Amelia?” He added jokingly.

They all let out a little chuckle.

“We all know Sally’s not gay and it’s way less likely that Amelia is.” Jack said with that bit of a chuckle still obvious. “I even think she kinda digs me.” He said cockily.

He didn’t have a clue.

At this Rian, Zack, and Alex simultaneously roll their eyes and start saying their own variations of “Yeah right Jack” or “Of course Jack what woman doesn’t want you?” and got back to work.

“You guys suck.” Jack muttered in response.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ok This chapter is really short. Don't shoot me for it please. I just wanted to get this little bit out so I could start fresh with a new chapter rather than tossing something random in this one. Although this is the king of random filler chapters but it's what I wanted to happen, I guess... Just don't kill me or stop commenting.
I hope this satisfies you long enough for me to write the next chapter. Which I'm starting on now, I promise!
Don't start any riots! lol

Time for the whoring!
CatherineMary's story
We're Heading To A Place Where I'll Prove I'm All You Want And More
It's amazing go read and comment The Cab fans!

Stephie's story
Remembering Sunday
For the Alex Gaskarth lover in all of us.