Status: COMPLETED!

Shatter

Apologetic or No?

Angry voices from out in the hall interrupted my reverie. I recognized them as Milana and Tristan, but couldn’t distinguish what they were saying. I got up and crept silently towards the door.

“ -- really upset her, Tristan! Go and apologize!”

“But I don’t understand what I did wro --”

“YOU BLOODY IDIOT!” I jumped about a foot in the air. “Don’t mention Topaz around her!” Milana hissed. “It clearly makes her depressed, and for obvious reasons!”

I didn’t want to hear anymore, and started moving away from the door, but I caught Tristan’s response. “All right, I’ll go.”

I scrambled back to the bed and sat down, trying to look calm. Tristan stuck his head in and smiled at me. I tried to smile back, but was unsuccessful. He walked inside, and stood in front of me. “So, erm.... I wanted to... apologize for earlier.”

I glared at him, suddenly furious. “I don’t know if I can accept it.” I said, frost enveloping each word.

He looked taken aback, but tried again. “I know I was impolite to you, and I hope that you can accept my apology --”

“That depends. Are you doing this because you want to, and truly feel sorry? Or,” He opened his mouth to interrupt, but I continued, “are you doing this because a certain someoneput you up to it?” He closed his mouth, his features stony. “Get out.”I hissed, anger boiling up from within me and threatening to explode.

He complied, leaving without another word.

Milana came in moments later, gave me an incredulous look, and went to the closet. Then she turned toward me abruptly, her lips pursed, as if undecided. Then she exclaimed, “He comes in here to apologize, and you turn him away! What the hell?!”

My eyes narrowed at her. “He should’ve apologized on his own, and not by your help. Then I would’ve forgiven him.” I said icily.

She shook her head at me and sighed. “That was probably your last chance to see him, you know.”

“What do you mean?” I demanded.

“I mean,” She glared, “you do realize that you’ll be auctioned off tonight, right?”

My veins felt as if cold water was being coursed through them, a sudden fear overwhelming my body. “You’re coming with me, right?”

Don’t leave me alone.

I ran over to her and clasped her hand as if it were my only link to sanity. “Please...!”

Her haze softened. “Of course, Peridot. I won’t leave you.” Milana’s other hand placed itself over mine, and squeezed gently. “I was assigned to you, after all.” She assured me.

“I’ll always be here.”

I internally winced at those familiar words, but let out a breath I didn’t realize I was holding.

“Now,” She proclaimed, “we need to get you ready.”

For the next hour or so, Milana flitted around me, making sure I was presentable. When she brought out a certain familiar green dress, however, I vehemently refused it. So we decided on a daring red, strapless, cocktail dress.

Well, technically, she shoved it over my head before I realized what was happening, and decided that another fight wasn’t worth it.

After all, itis my last night.

I fought back my tears.

I’ll miss them all.
♠ ♠ ♠
Kanye West is such a d-bag.
>:(