Status: Updates Progressing Slowly; Next update in two weeks

Skeptics and True Believers

Everything Is Alright

"I know exactly what'll make you feel better Lyles!" Brody said, storming into my bedroom with a portable iHome device, his bright pink iPod standing out against the black device.

Glancing at him, I saw that he was barely dressed at all. The only thing he had on his body was a pair of extremely short red shorts that showed off a lot of his muscular legs. His hair was completely messy and falling over his eyes. I wondered how he kept his junk inside the shorts without it popping out and then immediately shook my head, not wanting to think about his junk or anything to do with it.

"I feel just fine Brody," I argued, sinking further into my bed.

He tossed the boom box onto the bed before joining me, straddling my lap. I just shut my eyes once again, trying to ignore the fact that he was interrupting my nap. He kept poking my stomach, trying to get me to open my eyes to look at him. I sighed and looked at him expectantly as he just grinned at me.

"You've been sleeping all day," he said.

"Maybe I've just felt like sleeping," I replied.

"Well it's time to get up! We're going over to the barbeque on the beach!" he cheered.

"Oh I think not!" I replied, trying to roll back onto my stomach.

"C'mon Lila! It's time to seize the day or die regretting the time you've lost. It's empty and cold without you here!" he sang, gripping my hips and shaking me.

"Please stop singing that," I demanded, covering my ears. "You're not Matt! You can't sing it like him... or Zacky for that matter so stop!"

"Alright, alright, I'll stop," he said, letting go of me and holding his hands up in the air in surrender. "But I'm gonna make you laugh right now."

"Lemme guess, you're planning to serenade me with some ridiculous song, aren't you?" I asked, eyeing the boom box.

"Maybe I am," he smiled, rolling his eyes. "I promise you'll like it."

"Alright, let's hear it," I said, resting against my pillow.

He leaned over with a grin on his face and hit the 'play' button. I heard music begin to play as I looked at him curiously, watching him put on a pair of aviator shades. He was still straddling my lap, arms crossed over his bare chest.

"Yo check it out. I’ve got a plan, here’s my intention. The frat boys in the club are lame, let’s start an altercation. It’s just what I’m used to; just want to fuck shit up. I’ve got my whole damn crew, come on what you gonna do? I kissed a boy and they liked it; got all the honeys in the club excited. I kissed a boy just to start shit. That homeboy was not about it," he sang, running hands down my sides and wiggling to the familiar beat.

I started laughing hysterically as he continued singing the ridiculous song, still dancing on top of me as Zacky walked into my bedroom with a pair of board shorts on and a sleeveless black shirt. He stopped short when he noticed Brody on top of me, thrashing around and singing off-key to the music about kissing boys. I looked to him for help, wanting Zacky to pull him off of me but he just laughed, shaking his head.

"I didn't mean to interrupt anything," he said over the music, putting his hands up in surrender. "But you said it wouldn't take too long," he said, directing that last statement at Brody.

"I know but I got into the groove!" Brody laughed. "I kissed a boy and they liked it!"

"Isn't that song supposed to be 'I kissed a girl'?" Zacky asked, scratching the back of his head.

"Not in my rendition! It's all about kissing boys!" Brody smiled.

"And people shouldn't question your sexuality?" I laughed.

"Definitely not! I'm not into boys," he said. "But as the song says, I would kiss boys just to start shit and get all the honeys in the club excited," he replied.

"Right," I said skeptically. "Well, get your fat ass off me so I can go back to sleep," I said, shoving him off my body.

"I think not!" Zacky said, running towards my bed and lifting me over his shoulder.

"What the hell?!" I yelled as he securely grabbed my thighs.

"Someone enjoys sleeping in their underwear," Zacky said suggestively, smacking my butt.

"It was too hot to sleep in clothes!" I said in defense.

"A likely excuse," Brody laughed. "Now get your swimsuit on and get ready! We're going to the beach and we want you there with us."

"If Zacky would be me down, I would totally get dressed," I told them.

Zacky set me back down on my bed, giving my butt a squeeze before doing so. I glared at him and he just flashed me a satisfactory smirk. I shook my head at him and smacked his shoulder. Brody rolled off my bed and grabbed his boom box, still wiggling around to the music as he hoisted it onto his left shoulder.

"Alright, to the beach Vengeance!" Brody said, nodding his head violently to the music. "I expect you out there in less than five minutes or I'm coming back in here and dragging you out!" he said, pointing at me.

"Aye, aye Capitan," I saluted.

Zacky walked out of the room with Brody, who was still dancing behind him. Sighing, I knew that I had to get ready to go out for a late afternoon the beach so I got up and started digging around in the dresser drawers. I started sifting through the different clothing I brought until I found my black bikini with the red stars and threw it on the bed. I also pulled out a pair of board shorts and a tiny black hoodie to wear later in the evening.

I stripped my clothes off and changed into my bikini, adjusting it so I was covered perfectly. I pulled on the board shorts after that and found my flip flops in the corner. I grabbed my hoodie and a towel from the closet and shoved them into my big beach bag before shutting off the lights. I snagged the keys off the table and locked up before leaving the back deck towards the beach.

It had been about four days since I met with Brian and the lawyers and told them that I had no intentions of signing the papers until he gave me the explanation I've wanted to hear, four long days spent mostly in bed sleeping. Since seeing Brian, I haven't felt much like facing the world. I just wanted to check out from reality for a while and spend most of my time alone in my room, sleeping or listening to depressing music that made me feel a tiny bit better than before.

I guess I had to blame it on feeling a little shaken by hearing an old name that exclusively belonged to the person I loved most in this world. I thought that Brian seemed to forget about me, just as I asked him to since he's taken on the rock star persona full-time. I didn't think he would remember stupid trivial things that once meant more to me than any of the big stuff in our life together but he remembered the one name he bestowed upon me with such pride and adoration.

I wasn't one who enjoyed the glitz and glamour of Brian's new job. I was happy that they were successful and everything but it never really changed my expectations of him. I still thought that he would be the same person and wouldn't let materialism get the best of him. I guess I was wrong in that regard since he embraced it so openly. I didn't like the reality of my Brian, the person I've wanted more than anything else, was gone and permanently replaced with Synyster Gates, guitar-player extraordinaire. He was just too drunk on his success to realize that he lost something completely invaluable: himself.

So the last four days, I had been mourning the loss of the person I really loved. There would be a point where if this made it all the way into the long-haul of a lengthy court procedure, I would just give up because it wasn't worth it. The only reason I objected to letting him get away so easily was because I had a tiny scrap of hope that the Brian Haner I once knew was still alive in the monster. There was a part of him that was uncorrupted by the persona and I was waiting for him to reemerge and show me what's been hiding away from so long.

Looking down from the deck, I noticed that everyone was already gathered down at the beach, Jimmy and Zacky throwing a neon green Frisbee around while Matt stood near the grill brought down from Zacky's deck. The Berrys were out in the ocean with their boards and wetsuits, catching waves as they rolled in while Val sat nearby with two other girls, chatting a bit. Johnny was joining in on the Frisbee game and yelling at Jimmy, who was kicking sand up onto him.

"Looks like loads of fun, doesn't it?" Brody said suddenly appearing beside me.

"Yeah it does," I smiled.

"Much better than sleeping all day," he said.

"Maybe," I shrugged. "Maybe you bitches are disrupting some awesome sex dreams that I was having."

"You would've been screaming my name then!" he laughed. "I'm so good that I haunt your dreams."

I looked at him skeptically, "You're so weird."

"Don't deny it. Sex with me is awesome," he smiled.

"Oh fuck yes! Spankings and dancing and you naked really excites me," I laughed, rolling my eyes.

"Ah fuck you," he replied. "Let's just head down to the beach."

"Whatever," I shrugged.

We started walking down the steps toward the beach, me trailing behind Brody a ways. I could hear everyone laughing and talking about different things as I approached, music from Brody's boom box playing in the background. Val was the first one to notice my arrival on the beach, smiling widely at me and signaling me over towards the other girls.

One of them had black hair and wore a bright blue bikini on her flawless body. She had the most peculiar shade of hazel for her eyes, little golden flecks mixed in and making them sparkle brightly in the sun. The other girl was a blonde with chunks of pink at the bottom of her long hair, wearing a black bikini top and a pair of black and white board shorts. She had clear green eyes that were almost translucent in the light. I suddenly envied the perfection these girls seemed to possess in their looks.

They were both looking at me curiously as Val stood up and hugged me. I hugged her back, setting my bag down and watching Brody walk to Matt to help him with the food. I pulled away from her and smiled, feeling the warmth of the fading sun on my skin.

"So, I heard that they woke you up," Val laughed.

"Brody decided that I needed to be serenaded to a song about him kissing boys," I laughed. "It's nothing I'm not used to back in New York."

"You've made an interesting friend in him," she laughed, looking at his little red shorts and shaking her head.

"Well, I needed someone to fill Jimmy's void and make me laugh, you know?" I shrugged.

"Yeah and I'm glad you've made new friends," she smiled. "And you're about to make some more! Delilah, this is Rena," she said, gesturing to the girl with the black hair, "and Sami," she said, gesturing to the girl with the pink in her hair. "Guys, this is Delilah, a friend from high school."

"So you're the infamous Delilah that Zacky keeps blabbing about," Rena smiled. "It's good to finally meet you. I've been looking forward to it," she said, offering her hand to shake.

"Thanks. It's good to meet you too," I said, shaking her hand. "It's good to meet both of you," I smiled, shaking Sami's hand as well.

"Trust me, you're amazing for toughing out this divorce business in person, especially after what happened," Sami said reassuringly. "I'm pretty sure if Jason did that to me, I'd kill him."

"Jason Berry has a girlfriend?" I asked incredulously, looking at Val. "I mean, no offense or anything. I'm not trying to make it as bad as it sounds but it's just that-"

"How the hell did he manage to get someone at all with the way he acts?" Sami laughed.

"Not at all. I'm sure Jason would date a garbage heap if he could have sex with it. I'm just shocked that he landed such a knockout," I smiled.

"Well thanks, I feel flattered," she said. "And to answer your question, it took a lot of time to get to where we are now. Seriously, he's changed a lot over the last few years."

"Wow," I said, realizing that I had seriously been away for too long. "And I take you to be Zacky's girlfriend then?" I said to Rena.

"Yep, that would be me," she smiled happily, glancing at her boyfriend.

"This is so great," I laughed. "So much has changed yet it all still seems to be the same."

"Well, not everything could pause while you were away," Val said with a smile, taking her seat back on her towel.

"So, is he coming?" I asked tentatively, shifting my feet uncomfortably in the sand.

"Afraid so," Rena said sympathetically.

"He just went out on an alcohol run. He'll be here and he's bringing her with him," Sami said, making a face that displayed she was definitely not a favorite among them.

"Sorry," Val sighed. "I know it'll be hard for you but we really want you here with us to save us from Tina's annoying speak about her new handbag or her manicure or whatever it is that she fucking talks about."

"Its fine," I smiled reassuringly though on the inside I was trying my best not to retreat to the house. "It's just something that I'll have to endure," I shrugged.

I really didn't want to be around Brian or his fiancée but I knew it was inevitable since he was still friends with everyone else. I didn't expect them to exclude him just because I didn't want him there, though part of me wished they did. I tried my best not to think of the two but I knew that they were getting married as soon as Brian was capable and that was painful. I just wondered why I was so easily cast aside most of the time. What was so much better about Tina that he wants to spend the rest of his life with her instead of me?

After the five years I spent away from Brian, I knew that he would go on because he had no problem finding someone else on our wedding night. That day started the endless insecurities that I had surrounding my appearance and the person I was. I had gotten so wrapped up in why I was the one that he didn't want any more that I decided to change. When I got to New York, I was a completely changed person. I wasn't the shy, introverted bookworm I was when I was with Brian. After my years with and without him, I had gained more experience in the world and was able to become this loud, funny girl that loved her work and friends. The Delilah I used to be became more knowledgeable than before and became the Delilah I was today. Now, I was capable of handling this situation in stride.

The only thing I really needed to be around Tina and Brian now was mass amounts of alcohol.

"Hell yeah you're gonna hafta endure it!" Brody smiled, wrapping his arms around my waist from behind. "You're not leaving me alone with the 'happy' couple," he said, using finger quotes. "Besides, I'm pretty sure once I liquor you up; things are gonna be better all around."

"It'll be our New York nights in Huntington," I laughed.

"I don't think they can handle New York nights done our style," Brody laughed.

"What's so special about New York nights?" Val mockingly glared at Brody.

"Oh once you get Dee and me together with some liquor and some good tunes, it's all over. Things will get crazy up in this bitch, er well, beach in this case," he said.

"You don't even wanna know half the shit we've done back in New York. We're party legends," I laughed. "Every club knows what trouble we cause when we stroll through the doors."

"Damn, I didn't know I was standing in the presence of greatness. Should I bow down?" Sami smirked.

"Nah, I'm good," Brody chuckled. "I don't require that much from you."

"So full of yourself," I laughed, shaking my head. "So, where's the booze at? I wanna get fucked up," I grinned mischievously.

"Oh shit, I know that look!" Brody said. "That means that you're looking to get into some trouble tonight! Aw shit, no swimming for her after she's consumed four drinks, ok guys? Knowing her, she would most likely take a swim and try to find a shark friend to make a meal of her, and not in the sexual way," he said, directing his last statements to the girls.

"You guys really are something else," Rena laughed, shaking her head.

"We try," I smiled, looking up at Brody.

"Holy shit! Look who's back from the fucking dead!" I heard Matt Berry call from behind me.

"Matty!" I smiled, running up to him and jumping into his arms, sending him flying back into the sand.

"Aw hell Lila! I'm all covered in sand now!" he whined.

"I don't care! I've missed you!" I giggled, leaning up so I was sitting on his lap.

"Why does Matt get a hello like that and I just get forgotten once again," Jason complained, walking right past Matt and me.

"Aww, does Jason need a hug?" I asked in baby talk.

"Maybe I do," he pouted.

"Well, I'm sorry but you've got a girlfriend for those hugs," I laughed, leaning down against Matt.

"But it's expensive getting hugs from Sami! I always have to buy her dinner and shit first!" he whined.

"Hey! I never ask for dinner!" Sami yelled. "I give free hugs."

"Not to me," Jason mumbled.

Sami ran towards Jason, tackling him into the sand and started wrestling him. I laughed, getting off Matt and helping him to his feet. He took this opportunity to throw me over his shoulder and run towards the ocean.

"Ah! Fuck you Matt! Put me down!" I screamed, beating my fists on his back.

"Oh, you wanna be put down?" he mused. "Ok," he shrugged, dumping me into the water.

I resurfaced, glaring at Matt, who was just laughing at me. I suddenly jumped on him, knocking him into the water with me. I held him under until he was flailing helplessly in the water. I let him go not too long after that, watching him resurface and sputter water from his mouth. I smiled at him, offering my hand to him as a 'peaceful truce' but he just pulled me forward against him, giving me a noogie.

"Ouch! That hurts you asshole!" I laughed, struggling against him.

"I'll stop when you say that I'm the hottest man that ever lived," he smiled.

"But if I said that, I'd be lying!" I laughed as he tightened his grip around me. "Ok, ok! You're the hottest man that ever lived!"

"Now say that you wanna sex me up and have my babies!"

"I wanna sex you up and have your hot, sexy babies!"

"Alright, I accept that," he said, letting me fall into the water again.

"Oh you suck Matty. I will get you back for this!" I called as he walked back towards the beach.

"Sure, sure," he said, waving his hand dismissively in the air. "You'll forget all about it soon enough."

"Not me! I hold grudges!" I laughed.

"Shit! Jason! You better not!" Sami screamed as Jason ran out near me with Sami flung over his shoulder. "Do this and we're not having sex ever again!"

"You don't mean that, do you babe?" he asked seriously.

"No, I really don't but you won't be getting any tonight and that's for sure!" she said.

"Oh, well I can deal with that," he grinned, dropping her right next to me in the water.

She resurfaced, moving the hair out of her face and glaring at her boyfriend while I just laughed. She looked at me and I gave her a sympathetic smile since I was in the same boat as her. She sighed and took a seat next to me in the water, both of us glaring at the boys that put us in this position.

"Boys are jerks," I mumbled.

"You said it," she agreed.

"Oh well, at least the water's nice," I smiled.

"That's always a plus," she laughed. "So, what're you gonna do when Brian gets here?"

"What do you mean?"

"I mean, do you think you'll be ok?"

"I've dealt with him before and I was ok. I'm pretty sure I can keep myself together for the night," I smiled reassuringly.

"Well plus, you have that awesome boyfriend of yours to keep you company," she smiled, nudging me with her elbow underwater.

"Who? Brody?" I asked with a laugh. She nodded and I shook my head. "Brody's just a friend from New York. We're not together at all."

"Oh really? Brian mentioned something to Jason about not liking your new boyfriend or something. I'm pretty sure he's all pissy cuz you've just as easily moved on from you," Sami shrugged. "In all honestly, I don't really like Brian that much. He's kind of a jerk."

"Really?" I inquired.

"Yeah, when I first met him, he tried hitting on me though he knew that I was already with Jason. Since then, we've been kinda bitchy towards each other. We're always fighting but I tend to keep things more civilized now for Jason's sake. I know they're friends so I tolerate that jackass to make Jason happy," she explained.

"Wow, that's decent of you," I smiled. "Jason's a lucky guy."

"He knows that," she laughed.

"HEY!" I heard Brody call from the shore, waving at Sami and I. "FOOD'S READY!"

"I guess we should head back to shore," I sighed.

"Well, at least Brian's not here yet. That's a good thing," she shrugged as we started walking back to the beach.

I looked up towards the houses and saw Brian and Tina walking down the steps from Zacky's to the beach, Brian carrying a large red cooler and Tina scantily clad in her bikini that barely fit her oversized breasts. I looked to Sami who sighed and shook her head.

"I guess you spoke too soon," I laughed.

"Well, at least the booze is here. I'm sure we'll forget all about it soon enough," she grinned, linking arms with me and walking towards the rest of the group.

By the looks of things, I had found my drinking buddy for the evening. I was glad that I was at least on Sami's good side. If we were keeping score on how Brian's relationships were measuring up against one another, I would be ahead just for Sami actually liking me.

I had a feeling that the night was just starting to get interesting now that the alcohol arrived. I wasn't sure if I was prepared for such an evening.
♠ ♠ ♠
[Title Credit: Motion City Soundrack]

So thanks to everyone who's been leaving comments and reading and subscribing. I really appreciate it!

This is part one of two for the beach party thing so there will be more... don't worry. The next one will be better, I promise. This serves as some filler and I hate fillers. =/

Hopefully I'll have part two posted some time this weekend. I've just been swamped with starting school again and catching the flu and shit... this was actually ment to be up yesterday but the world was against me again so I'm sorry for the delay.

Enjoy.