Break Down

07

“Hey…wake up” Jack said shaking me. I opened my eyes and sat on the bed. I looked at the clock and noticed that it was 7 in the morning.

“What day is it today?” I asked Jack.

“Wednesday” he replied

“Wednesday? Are you kidding me?”

“This is no joke sis. You slept the whole day”

“Wow…” I said not really accepting the fact that I slept the whole Tuesday.

“You should go get ready for school. Oh and brush your teeth while you’re at it. Your breath stinks” Jack said walking out of the room.

“You’re just jealous!” I shouted and obviously he heard me because he was laughing going down the stairs.

I took a bath and brushed my teeth. Changed my clothes, brushed my hair and grabbed my stuff. I went down and out the front door. I walked to school. When I got there, I went straight to my locker and got the things I needed for my first class. I checked my schedule and noticed that I had at least an hour ‘til my first class.

“Hey” Jake said cupping my face in his hands. He kissed me and I kissed him back.

“Hey” I said smiling.

“I missed you so much”

“But I was only gone for a day”

“It felt like forever to me” He said kissing me again.

“You’re sweet” I said. He took my hand and we walked to the cafeteria together.

He and I practically spent the whole day together. I mean the whole week. The days passed by in a blur and the next thing I knew, it was Friday. I was at home eating dinner and what not. After I ate, I went upstairs. Once I went in my room, one of my brother’s friends, Zack, knocked on my door.

“Hey, it’s been a long time don’t you think?” he said and I nodded in agreement.

“I just wanted to ask you if you would like to come to our show tomorrow.” Zack said sitting on the edge of my bed.

“And watch Alex sing? Are you serious?”

“No I invited you for support.”

“Support? Don’t you get enough of that from your fans?”

“Ya but it would mean a lot to me if you came” he said smiling.

“Can I bring a friend?”

“It depends. Is your friend a guy or a girl?”

“Zack!” I whined.

“I’m kidding” Zack said laughing.



“Of course you can bring a friend. As long as I can see you at our show, its fine” He continued.

“Okay. What time and where?” I asked. He got a piece of paper and scribbled down the details.

“Your brother doesn’t know you’re coming and if he doesn’t know, Alex doesn’t know so more or less I’m the only one who knows you’re coming.” He said walking out of the room. I wonder what made him ask me to go to their show. I know he said support but it seems like it was something more than that. I sighed and got rid of the thought. I got up and got my little notebook filled with all the weird, sucky, cheesy poems I wrote and a pen. I flipped to a new clean page and started writing. It took me about 10 minutes to write and then I got tired. Poems can take a lot out of you. Eventually, I got bored and left my notebook on my bed. I grabbed my phone and went down the stairs.

“Mom, I’ll be outside if you need me” I told my mother.

“Okay.” She said and I walked out of the door. I dialed Jake’s number. It rang thrice before he answered.

“Hello?”

“Hey. You busy tomorrow night?”

“Nope”

“Good. I was wondering if you’d want to come with me to my brother’s show tomorrow.”

“I’d love to go”

“Okay I’ll send you the details then”

“Okay. Bye” he said and we both hung up. I sent him the details and went back in the house. I went up the stairs and in to my room.

“What the hell do you think you’re doing?!” I said shouting at Alex and Jack.

“Oh nothing just reading this nice little notebook which we should have never read” Jack said putting down my notebook and getting up. Alex standing right beside him

“That little notebook is confidential and private!”

“If it was private and confidential, why’d you leave it open on your bed?” Alex said.

“Just because I left in lying open on my bed doesn’t mean you can read it!”

“I think I should go” Jack said leaving the room. We both ignored him and continued.

“What made you come here anyway?” I asked angrily.

“We’ve got unfinished business” he said

“I don’t think so”

“Well we do” he said grabbing both my hands. He pulled me closer to him and he crashed his lips to mine.