Break Down

09

5:42 p.m. that was the time. The show was at 7pm and I had nothing more to do so I went to get some fresh air. No one was in the house which was kinda weird. I was home alone. I used to like being home alone but with this condition, it just turns everything around…

As soon as I went down, I opened the door and stepped outside to feel the breeze. I was surprised to see Jake standing right in front of me…

“Hey” I greeted him with a fake smile. He saw right through me and his smile turned into a frown.

“What’s wrong? Is it that Alex guy again? I swear if he makes you sad again I’d- “

“Jake, please…I don’t want anymore problems. There are too many to deal with right now”

“Sorry but I just don’t like seeing you like this and if he’s the reason behind it, I’d kick his ass for you”

“You’re too sweet Jake but I don’t think he deserves ass-kicking”

“Really? How come?”

“He just doesn’t… let’s just leave it at that.”

“If you say so…”

“So what brought you here?”

“I just wanted to see how you were doing. “

“Well now you know” I sighed. All of a sudden, he held both my hands and kissed me.

“Did that make you feel a bit better?”

“Maybe a little bit more would”

“Okay” he said kissing me again. I placed my hands around his neck and drew him closer to me. It all felt magical until someone came into the picture.

“This is pleasurable” I heard Alex say behind my back.

“Stay out of this man” Jake said pulling away.

“Make me” Alex said. He just had to start a fight… Jake started walking towards him but it’s a good thing I had the strength to pull him back

“Jake don’t”

“Ya go listen to your girlfriend” Alex said bitterly and running into the house. Jack following right behind him. It was a good thing he didn’t witness much of the scene.

“Just ignore him”

“I’ll try” he said trying to calm down.

“So what now?”

“I don’t really wanna stay here so why don’t we go to the beach”

“The beach on September?”



“You’ve never been to the beach on September?”

“Nope but I will” I said grabbing his hand and we both walked to the beach together. Once we got there, we looked for an unoccupied area so that we could be alone. We found one and sat there and watched the little waves crash. It was a beautiful sight.

“Hey look the sun’s about to set” Jake said pointing at the sun.

“That’s amazing”

“Just like the person sitting right beside me” he said ad I blushed a little.

“It’s not like it’s not true…” He continued.

“I wonder what I’d be doing now if I never met you, Jake…”

“I think you’d be sitting in your room and preparing for the show which is like an hour from now.”

“We still have time to slack around right?”

“Of course we do…” he said and I laughed. We both looked at each other and leaned in.

Several minutes later, my head found a pillow on Jake’s shoulder and I lay there and Jake had his arm wrapped around me.

“Do you still wanna go to the show?” he asked.

“Do you?”

“I’m up for it”

“Okay” I said getting up and dusting the sand off my pants. Jake got up and we walked back home.

When we reached the house, no one was there meaning they all left for the show except my mom. My mom is probably shopping in the mall and she didn’t even take me with her. But at least I got to spend time with Jake. I went up and changed into the outfit I planned to wear and Jake patiently waited for me downstairs. After a few minutes, I went down fully dressed with purse in hand and ready to go.

“You look amazing” Jake said as I walked down the stairs

“Well so do you” I said smiling.

“Shall we go then?” He asked giving me his hand.

“Okay”

We walked to the venue and heard the loud music that rocked the streets of Maryland, Baltimore. We walked in and saw everyone partying. My brother wasn’t on until 7 and it was only 6:30 so there was still time to spare.

“Hey Heather!” I heard someone screaming my name. I turned back and saw Zack running toward me and Jake.

“Hey Zack” I said barely hearing myself through the loud music.

“You came”

“Yeah I did. Oh by the way this is Jake. Jake this is Zack” I introduced and they both shook hands.

“So are you guys up next?” Jake asked.



“Ya we just have to set up and we’ll be rockin’ the house down” Zack said

“Great I’ll be expecting a mind blowing performance” Jake said and Zack smiled and left. Something about Jake was wrong. There was bitterness in his voice and it seemed like he didn’t want to be here right now.

“You okay?” I asked him.

“I’m fine” he said and we grabbed a table near the front so we could get a better view of the guys.

7:00 pm… the show started and Alex welcomed the crowd and everyone went wild

“Baltimore! Are you ready to Rock this house down?” Alex screamed into the mic and received loud screechy screams as a reply.

“Well let’s get started then!” Jack said and they started their first song.

You've got me poppin' champagne
I'm at it again
Caught up in the moment
But not in the right way
I'm falling in between
Tearing up at the seams
We're just aiming to please
And aesthetics don't hurt one bit

So follow me down
Take this all the way
Any way you want to

Why don't you say so?
I think I'm caught in between
The nights and days fly by
When I'm lost on the streets
And my eyes, they despise you for who I am
Why don't you say so?
Why don't you say so?

You've got me thinking that
Lately I've been wishing
The television set would show me more
Than just a picture of the things I've grown to detest
I strip down my dignity
They can take all of me
But they won't ever take what I still believe

So follow me down
Take this all the way
Any way you want to

Why don't you say so?
I think I'm caught in between
The nights and days fly by
When I'm lost on the streets
And my eyes, they despise you for who I am
Why don't you say so?


Why don't you say so?
Give up and let go
I'm just a boy with a dream
And you can take one look
As I fall in between
With my eyes just as wide as my mouth can be
Why don't you say so?
Why don't you say so?

I know, I know, I know
That there's a place for me somewhere out there
I know, I know, I know
That there's a place for me somewhere out there

Why don't you say so?
I think I'm caught in between
The nights and days fly by
When I'm lost on the streets
And my eyes, they despise you for who I am
Why don't you say so?
Why don't you say so?
Give up and let go
I'm just a boy with a dream
And you can take one look
As I fall in between
With my eyes just as wide as my mouth can be
Why don't you say so?
Why don't you say so?

True…why didn’t I say so in the first place? I could’ve been ecstatic right now but instead I feel guilty. Life is filled with decisions and I always end up making the complicated ones….