Shadows of the Night

Dark Light

"When," was all I could get out, as this big white horse came out of nowhere behind Moon. I started at the elegant creature in awe. Batty stood up and stroked it's nuzzle, "Hello Orobas."

Then under the hoofs of the giant horse were green glowing eyes. It leaped forward onto the Ouija board and purred at Thorn. She glanced at me shocked, but stroked the beast. From behind me I heard laughter. I looked over my shoulder and two men were approaching. I tried to scramble to my feet to defend myself, but one of the men looked like Mr.McBrennan.

"What the hell?" I said.

One of these two men looked very strong, like he was about to rip out of his clothing. The one that looked like Mr.McBrennan couldn't look away from me. When they approached, the stronger man went to stand next to Moon. But the other one, stood me up, and wrapped his arms around me. Then he kissed me with so much passion I felt like I was falling forever down an endless pit.


His tongue left my mouth and licked the side of my face. When he released me he had changed into Ville Valo.

"Don't be afraid," he said. "I won't hurt you."

I shook my head but nothing changed. I whipped my head around to look at Batty she was whispering in the horse's ear. The beast that was on the Ouija board was now on Thorn's lap, it was a leopard. I had never seen that look on her face before, like she was in love with the animal. It purred contently at her. Moon was staring at the man next to her the same way. I turned my head back around but now he was, Gerard Way.

"What the hell is going on here?" I screamed.

"Please don't scream," the strange shape-shifting man told me.

Batty was now climbing on top of the horse with the flash light in her teeth. When she was sitting on it she told Moon to get the Ouija board and meet back at her house. The leopard stood up and nudged Thorn with its nose. Like it was telling her to get on it's back. She did and they followed after Batty. Moon and the large man put the Ouija board in the suitcase.

"You still got the keys and remember the way back?"

I was starting to feel aggravated, like I was the only sane one in a mental hospital.

"Hello, did you not just see what happened here? Am I the only one questioning this, this, bizarre occurrence?"

"I don't know what happened either, but I don't care. Let's just go back to Batty's house for now. I'm sure she'll be able to explain."

I turned back around and now the man was, Synyster Gates.

"Will you stop doing that?"

"Doing what?"

"Changing your appearance!"

"Please stop yelling," he said changing into Frank Iero.

"Ugh, whatever, I guess we better go."

We walked back to the van and I unlocked all the doors. Moon got in the back with the suitcase and the large man. He had to lean forward just to fit inside. The shape-shifting man got in the passenger side next to me. I was driving again. Now he was Jimmy Urine.

"Why do you keep changing into famous people?"

"I know you like them."

"Ugh, what way am I suppose to go?"

The strong man but his hand over Moon's forehead and she instantly knew the way. Less than an hour later we were back at Batty's house. Now the shape-shifting man had turned into Batty's dad. Ugh, I thought, I just hope he doesn't see himself.

"Don't worry he wont, but his wife will," he winked at me.

I felt like I wanted to barf. The strong man went to the side of the house and climbed up to the top floor where Batty's room was. He opened the window and went inside. We walked into the kitchen, Moon opened the dumb waiter and was gone. The shape-shifter hadn't changed. The dumb waiter came back done and I got inside, just as Batty's mom came into the kitchen. I couldn't hear what they were saying because the strong man was pulling me up very fast.

I was in Batty's room now but it felt more crowded than it did before. On the bed was Batty and a very strange looking man I had never seen before. The couch had Thorn and another strange looking man. Moon was standing beside me. Then a midget walked out of Batty's closet, but then changed into something like how a skater boy at school would look.

"Call me Dan," he said.

"Please stop doing that."

"I can't help it, it's fun."

I ignored him and walked over to Batty.

"Okay now explain to me what the hell is going on here!"

The strange man next to her said, "Please don't yell."

Batty's eyes became shifty, "Girls come here, I guess I do owe you all an explanation."

"The truth is," she began, "that I saw this happening in a vision. While my parents do understand that my visions are very real. I lied to them and I lied to all of you. I told them that there were some people here who needed my help. While that is true, that was not the reason I knew I had to come. He was," she pointed to the man dressed in white on her bed.

"I knew what he was, and I knew what I could become with him. Look at me," she pointed to her white eye. "Who would want me?"

The man then held and patted her hand.

"What do you mean knew what he was?" I asked.

"Come on Raven, do you think it's normal for a man to be changing into other men at will? No it's not normal is it? Or for one to be a horse one minute and a man the next? Is that normal? Being a leopard one minute and a man the next? Is that also normal? What do you think they are?"

"I don't know, ghosts?"

"No, and that's what I lied to you guys about. My parents don't deal with this sort of thing all the time. My mom is a Oceanographer, and my dad inherited a large sum of money from some estranged relative."

"What sort of thing is this?"

"I can't say, ask him."

Thorn went back to the couch and Moon went to one of the chairs. The large man followed her. Moon ended up sitting on his lap in the chair. I turned to Dan and thought that I should be home now. He walked over to me and touched my hands. The next thing I knew, we were in my room and he had changed into the principal.

"Ewe, okay can you please stop the whole changing thing."

"No I can't."

"Then just look like someone else please."

"Who? I can be anyone you want."

"Hmm, be Hitler."

He changed into Hitler.

"Lose the mustache."

It was gone.

"Be younger looking, and not as fat."

His skin got tighter.

"Make your clothing black, and without the swastikas."

They were gone, and his clothes were as black as his hair.

"Make your hair longer."

It was.

"Not that long."

It got shorter.

"Make your eyes blue."

They were.

"Like what you see?"

"Hmm," I thought.

As I was thinking he became shorter.

"Yes."

"Now what? I'm bored."

He waved his hands over the curtains and completely covered the window so there was no sun light. He sat on my bed and looked around with a superior look on his face.

"What are you?"

"What are you?"

I frowned at him, "Tell me."

"Well, I suppose I could be many things. Depends what you want I guess."

He chuckled and it was a horrible sound, "Yes even that."

"Okay let's change the subject. Is this really where you want to be? Or is this just where your comfortable?"

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"I mean I can take you where ever you want to go. Japan, Europe, Egypt, the Bahamas. Anywhere, come on this place is boring."

"How?"

"That doesn't matter. I just can. Anywhere you want to go, you can be with who ever you want, you can have anything. Just snap your fingers," he snapped his and caused flame to shoot out from his finger nails.

He blew cool air at the spark and it was gone. Nothing but smoke in the still air. Then the smoke alarm went off. He grabbed my hands and we were outside with my parents. Only Dan had changed into Mr.McBrennan and we were still holding hands.

"Um hello?"

"Hi eh, Renee's mother, right?"

Her eyes got wider, "Yeah, your one of my daughter's teachers right?"

He dropped his hands, "Yeah I better be going, see you at school Renee."

I don't say anything the firemen showed up and even if I had something to say no one would hear it.

"There's no fire here. Don't make false emergences sir, they keep us from the real ones."

"Eh, I didn't do anything," my dad said.

"Well just be more careful sir."

Soon enough they were gone.

"Um Renee can I talk to you for a second?"

I knew what this was about, why did he change into one of my teachers? I couldn't think of anything to get out of this conversation. So I tried to think of a reason for us to be holding hands at all. Then it hit me, literally a big rock came out of nowhere and hit my shoulder. I turned around and it was one of the public school kids. I ran into the house and locked my door and ran downstairs. Dan was on my bed.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it took me so long to get this part out. Blame my neighbors. Hopefully soon I'll get things out more regularly.