‹ Prequel: In the End
Status: Hiatus.

Worry Rock

New Years

Billie Joe pushed open the door, slamming it closed with his foot, not taking his hands off me. He pulled my body closer against his roughly, his lips not removed from my own. "Fuck," he grunted, "Fucking hell..." He pushed me up against the wall, pressing his body against mine. "Ungh," he groaned, "Fuck. I can't be-believe it." I nodded my head slowly, him pushing a dark lock if hair behind my ear. "Mmh, god, I never thought today would come," he mumbled, both of us sinking down to the floor, "But holy shit."

I giggled, nodding into his arm that still had the black suit covering it. He looked down at me, breathing heavily. He grunted, looking around the dark hotel room, his hands sliding underneath my body, pulling the zipper of my dress down my back, his lips placing themselves on my neck.

"I love you," he whispered, "Oh god--so much."

"I love you, too," I murmured.

He looked down at me, his eyes tearing from happiness. "I can't believe it anymore."

I giggled, burying my head in his neck, him lifting us up, and pulling us over to the bed. He placed me on it, climbing over me. "Fuck," he whispered to himself, his eyes wide, "We're fucking married now, baby." I nodded my head, snaking my arms around his neck. "We've...nuh...come so...so damn far...so far...since we met...so...so far," he whispered in-between kisses.

"Mmmhm. Yeah."

He pulled away for a moment, staring down at the wedding band on his hand, before his eyes lifted to mine. "We're a family now."


*

"Excuse me." I turned around, looking to an older looking lady who was standing behind me, wanting my attention. She outstretched her hand, smiling sweetly to me. "I'm Tracey Scott."

I returned the smile, not knowing who this woman was, "Oh, Hi. Mandy-"

"I know who you are."

"Oh," I said softly, fixing the strap of my dress, "Okay..."

She nodded her head, pushing her drink to her other hand, "My daughter..she follows Green Day."

"Ahh."

She grinned, nodding her head once again, "Yes. And I've gotten into them through the years..." I smiled gently, going to speak but she kept on going. "They are amazing. You have a daughter, too, don't you?" she asked.

"Mhmm," I hummed, bobbing my head up and down, "Sydney; she's 13."

"Right, right."

It was New Years, well, almost. The clock that was mounted high on the wall read the it was about 10 minutes from midnight. I was spending New Years in New York City, at some party that the Green Day crew had gotten invited to. Even though I had come with them, I had no idea where they had gone, although they had told me to stay close.

Sydney had turned 13 years old, earlier that year. August 3rd. Billie Joe was turning into his mid 40's along with the rest of the Green Day members, and I was in my early/mid 30's.

How fast time can fly when life is great.

There was someone yelling, and a few people crashed into me, running through the crowds. I was pushed forward, being shoved into Tracey, the drink in her hand tipping and spilling over my dress. "Shit," I grunted, straightening myself up.

It was a nice dress, too.

"Oh my god! I'm so sorry!" she cried out.

I shook my head, looking down at the black dress, "It's okay. I was the one pushed, but I should probably clean this up." I looked back up at her, licking my bottom lip.

"I'm so sorry, Mrs. Armstrong."

"It's okay," I said lightly, "It was nice to meet you."

"It was nice to meet you, too."

I smiled, saying a small 'Bye' before looking to find a restroom where I could clean myself off. There was a restroom sign against the wall of the room, in which I made my way over to, pushing myself inside the large woman's room. I sighed, looking in the mirror at my dress that was darker in one spot. "Shit," I muttered, "That's just great."

After a few moment, I had cleaned the dress to the best of my ability before making my way out of the rest rooms, slamming into someone else. We both stumbled back, me nearly falling back on my ass, but someone caught me. "Woah there, hun." I looked at who had caught me, blue eyes meeting green ones. His arms were on my waist as he helped me get my balance, quickly apologizing to who I slammed into for myself. "You drunk?" he asked, a slight smirk on his lips, "You smell like alcohol."

I sighed, being taken into the older mans arms, the crowd not as bad around where we were. "Someone spilled their drink on me," I murmured, "Some woman who loves your band." A trademark grin, that through the years had never dulled, appeared on the rocker's face, a dark lock of hair hanging down over his forehead. I brushed the hair from his forehead, looking back to his eyes that seemed to have gone a darker shade of green. "Where have you been, hmm?" I hummed.

Billie Joe smiled lazily, sliding his hand into mine, his other one pressed firmly against my back. "Looking for you."

I grinned, lifting my eyes to meet his. "We have the worst communication--we really do," I muttered, shaking my head. He laughed, nodding his head before gripping onto my hand and leading me up a staircase, and down a few hallways."Where are we-" I tried

Billie Joe turned around, pressing a finger to his lips. "Sshh..." he whispered, "Don't let anyone hear you; I've been followed all damn night and this is my attempt to run away with you."

I giggled, nodding my head, Billie Joe pulling me to wherever he wanted to go.

*

"What's the room number?" I gasped.

"Fuck," he grunted, "Fuck..that would probably help us a lot."

I grinned, Billie Joe shoving his hand into his pocket, pulling out a small key, a little paper attached to it. He snorted, looking up at me. "What?" I asked softly, my arm snaking around his neck.

"Room 69," he mumbled, a grin on his face I giggled furiously while Billie Joe grinned like a fool. "Come on," he murmured, his lips being pressed against my skin, tickling it, "This way."


*

"See? Balcony. It's cool. Cuz you get to stand here, and pour your drinks over the people's heads who are below. They go so pissed off."

I sighed, looking at Billie Joe who rambled on about annoying people. "You never age, do you?" I asked him, straightening out my already ruined dress.

He shook his head, draining the rest of the champaign into his mouth, closing his eyes. He placed the glass down, fixing his polka-dotted black and white tie, running a hand through his disheveled hair, before looking back at me. "What's that spot on your dress?" he asked, quirking an eyebrow.

I sighed, playing with the strap to the dress. "Someone spilt their drink on me earlier."

Billie Joe tilted his head to the side, taking a step closer to me. "Why?" he asked, immediately thinking it was a fan who disliked me, "On purpose?"

I waved a hand infront of his face, shaking my head. "No, no. It was some lady and she pulled me over-" I looked at him for a moment, "I already told you this, didn't I?"

Billie Joe blushed, looking away from me. "Maybe..." he mumbled in a low voice, "I'm, uh, not sure." I rolled my eyes playfully, Billie Joe wrapping his arms around my lower back, leaning back on the balcony, pulling my body against him. "I never listen to half the things you say, babe," he muttered, "You of all people know this now." I nodded my head in agreement, Billie Joe pressing his lips to my own, a childish grin spreading across his face.

"Happy almost New Years," he mumbled, kissing me once again, his legs slowly wrapping around mine, pulling my small body closer, "You look really nice." I blushed, Billie Joe chuckling. "You do," he stated, kissing my cheek, "As always, though." I giggled, resting my head on his chest, him pushing his hand inside his pocket and pulling out a vibrating cellphone. "Dammit..." he mumbled, pulling my body close, "Hello?"

I heard another person talking, pressing my ear to the phone, listening to who I now figured was Tre, talked. "Where are you?" the drummer asked, "I've been looking all over for you."

Billie Joe quirked an eyebrow, "Where are you?"

"By the restrooms."

Billie Joe grinned, leaning over the balcony, his arm still around me, searching for his friend with his eyes. "I see you."

We both watched Tre's head shoot up, looking around the room for Billie Joe, who was still telling Tre that he could see him. "I can still see you," Billie Joe taunted, making me laugh.

"Where the hell are you, then?!" Tre snapped.

"Look up."

"What the-OH! You're on the balcony!"

"No shit, sherlock. I can't get anything past you."

"Oh shut up," Tre grunted, "I had no idea where you were; you ran to find your girl, and then left me with mine."

"I know, but you coulda followed me. You do most of the time," Billie Joe pointed out, leaning back on the railing of the balcony, crossing his legs, the phone cradled against his ear.

"You hate it when I follow you," Tre muttered bitterly.

"I know, cause most of the time it's when I'm trying to get laid."

Tre chuckled, "Aren't we all?" He asked rhetorically. "Yeah, well, just tell me how the hell to get to where the fuck you two are."

Billie Joe smirked, directing the drummer and who assisted him to where him and I stood, before hanging up the phone abruptly, shoving it into his pocket. He collected me into his arms, his hands moving to my hips. "You're a sexy little thing now, aren't you?" He asked, his voice a higher pitch.

I blushed, making him smile even more than he was already. "I think that champagne is getting to your head," I murmured.

Billie Joe nodded his head slowly, going to agree before hiccuping. "And there is one example that it is getting to me," he pointed out, "I always hiccup my ass off after having too much champagne."

I laughed lightly, "I've noticed."

Billie Joe gave me a lopsided smile, pressing his lips to my forehead, before looking down the hallway, grinning, seeing the outline of his friend his companion. "Armstrong!"

We both watched Tre stalk out onto the balcony's platform, Rachel by his side. Over the years, Rachel had easily become one of my best friends, and had managed to stay with the drummer of Green Day. "Oh my god!" Rachel cried out, running over to me, throwing her arms around me, "You look gorgeous!"

I laughed, shaking my head. "No, hun, I believe that you look gorgeous."

She grinned, "Okay, hell, we both look damned sexy." I laughed, nodding my head as both Tre and Billie Joe shook their heads at us, both uttering a small 'women.' "What happened to your dress?" Rachel asked, touching the wet spot on the front of the black dress, "Billie drool too much over you or somethin?"

I snorted, shaking my head, Billie Joe shooting a look over at us, grabbing another glass of champagne. "No, some woman spilled her drunk on me."

Rachel quirked an eyebrow, folding her arms. "Why? You fight with her or something? You spilt one back on her, right? Hell, two on her? Teach her a-"

I started laughing once again, shaking my head. "No, Rach, she didn't do it on purpose. Some kid push me into her, and it spilt--unfortunately all over me."

"Damn," she murmured, "You shoulda gone after the kid..cuz that was an expensive dress. Hell, I know, I was there when you got it."

"Mhmm," I hummed, "It was..but I bet it can be cleaned somehow."

She shrugged, "Yeah, send it to a kick-ass cleaners, and they can go all crazy on it with cleaning products that cost more than your car, and then they can send it back..and it'll smell--horrible."

I watched Rachel for a moment, a confused look on my face. "Uh..what?"

She shook her head, waving a hand infront of my face. "Never mind. I've had a few."

I giggled. "Yeah, I can tell."

She sighed, looking around the huge building. "There are some really cute guys here, tonight," she said after a moment.

I nodded my head, my eyes wide. "I coulda sworn I saw Travis here," Rachel said, shaking her head, "Some kid looked just like him! I nearly called out his name, but I knew it probably wasn't him--so I stopped myself."

I smirked, "I wish you did call out his name..I woulda laughed so hard."

"Shuddup," she mumbled, "That would be so embarrassing..that's not even funny."

I snorted, nodding my head, "Actually, it's very funny. I could see that--you yelling 'TRAVIS', and this really hot guy, turning around and being like 'what the fuck'," I started laughing, Rachel sighing.

"Shut up. I never did that."

"But you wanted to," I pointed out.

She looked at me pathetically before starting to laugh, shaking her head. "God, Mandy...I don't even know what to do with you--you're like Tre; you don't grow old."

I smiled widely, nodding, "When I'm 80 years old, I'm still going to taunt people 'bout everything; it's the way I am."

Rachel laughed, shaking her head, "Some 25 year old will come to beat your ass."

We both giggled at that, Billie Joe and Tre looking over at us once again. "That'll be the day," I giggled, Rachel nodding.

Billie Joe walked over to us, slinging an arm around my shoulders. "I think you both have had a little too much to drink," He said, laughing softly.

"Nah," I mumbled, "I don't drink."

Billie Joe smiled, a small laugh slipping through his lips. "You got trashed at last year's New Year's party, hun. Trashed. Like, you couldn't even walk after a few hours. I had to carry you to the limo, and into the suit afterwards."

I giggled, bowing my head and biting my lip, beginning to feel slightly tipsy. "That was once! And it's new years--I'm allowed."

He held up his hands, as if defending himself, tilting his head to the side. "Hey, hey, I'm not sayin' you're not. I'm just sayin'--you aren't as innocent as you tell people."

I blushed, burying my head into his chest, Billie Joe grinning, resting his hands on my back, playing with the strap to my own dress.

*

"Fuck. I think I'm drunk," I mumbled, looking at Rachel who had a smirk on her face, "Like..really..really..drunk.."

"Trust me hun, you are."

I nodded my head numbly, plopping down in a seat. Rachel smiled, shaking her head at me, talking to Tre, who had just come off the stage in the MTV party, after playing. "You don't look that good, hun," Tre pointed out, nodding his head.

I nodded drunkenly, picking up Billie Joe's cell phone that he had left before going on stage. I felt two hands press down on my shoulders, Billie Joe's head resting on my shoulder. "Hey babe," he said softly, pressing his sweaty cheek against mine. I giggled, kissing his nose before Tre spoke up about me being a little out there, making Billie Joe chuckle. "Had a bit too many, huh, babe?"

He pulled a chair out from the table, pulling it over to my own and sat down on it, wrapping his arm around my lower half. "I really fink I'm drunk," I slurred, resting my head against his chest, Billie Joe grinning, placing a kiss on my forehead.

"Trust me babe, you are."

*


Billie Joe looked around, watching the clock. He pulled my body against his, taking a swig of the champagne he had resting on the railing. He looked at me for a moment, before pressing his lips to my own as the people started to count down the seconds to the New Year.

20..19..18..17..16..15..14..13..12..11..10..9..8..7..6..5..4..3..2..1..

Billie Joe placed a hand on my back, pulling my body close to his, dipping his head down and pressing his lips to mine gently, moving a hand to the back of my head as cries of "HAPPY NEW YEAR" were shouted all throughout the building and the city.

"Happy new year, babe."