The Hunt

Glass Is a Pain, Gravel Is Better

Scarlet skips the numbers one and two just yelling three. Her and Ice sprint towards the window. As they jump they realise that the window is in fact closed. Glass sprays across the lawn as they hit the grass. Both get to their feet uncaring about the damage or the bits of glass in their arms. They both dive just as their house goes up in a massive fire ball and one hell of an explosion. The force drives both girls into the ground painfully. After a few moments Scarlet sits up groaning and looks over to Ice.
“I guess we should stay with the boys tonight” Ice mumbles sitting up.
Scarlet shakes her head wincing as she picks a piece of glass out of her arm.
“I hate demons” Scarlet finally says after a moment of silence.
“Hell yeah” Ice agrees inspecting her injures.
“Do you remember the way to the boys place?” Scarlet asks rubbing her head.
“Vaguely but for the moment I think I just need to sit here and recover a bit.” Ice replies
“Well they will turn up soon enough, once they recover from the blow we gave them earlier” Scarlet says laying back propping herself up on her elbows.
“Scarlet don’t fall asleep after that blow to the head we both took” Ice says
“I know, I know” Scarlet sighs.

Ten minutes later Mathew and Ryan can be heard swearing as they discover the girl’s home a heap of burning wreckage.
“What the hell happened here?” Ryan exclaims
“Do you think they made it out?” Mathew asks worriedly.
“Oh My God, if they were inside they wouldn’t have survived” Ryan says
“Oi! Boof heads!” Scarlet and Ice yell together.
Ryan and Mathew quickly look in the girls direction and rush over to them. The girls were lying down on the grass of a vacant lot of land that was yet to be sold by the real estate.
“Oh Scarlet I am so happy to see you in one piece” Ryan says crouching beside Scarlet hugging her.
“Yeah I’m alive now quit hugging me I’m still riddled with glass” Scarlet says swatting Ryan.
“Ice” is all Mathew can manage to say as he crouches beside her enveloping her in a hug.
“Ow” Ice whines pushing him away.
“We are crashing at your house tonight” Scarlet says standing up wincing from the pain.
“Of course you are” Ryan says holding out a hand for her to use for support.
Scarlet just shakes her head trying to show no pain but despite her calm exterior, inside she was screaming out in agony. Ice was the same as Scarlet. Mathew offers a hand to Ice so she can stand up and Ice takes it smiling weakly.

All four had gotten to the boys place very soon.
“I still think you should go to hospital, or at least go into C.O.T.N” Mathew complains.
“We’ve had much worse we just need a first aid kit” Ice assures him.
“We have one in the car, I’ll go get it” Ryan says disappearing back outside.
He is back inside a second later.
“Do you need help?”
“We’re fine, although a coffee would be nice” Scarlet says
“Yeah I could go for a coffee” Ice agrees taking tweezers out of the kit.
Scarlet grabs the other pair of tweezers and both girl pick glass out of their arms. The boys frown and look at each other. They leave the room to get the girls drinks. By the time the jug had boiled and the boys had come back in the girls had a collection of glass shards on the coffee table and where looking for ointment for their injuries while holding a bandage at the ready.
“Here you are” Ryan says grabbing a tube of antiseptic ointment from the back of the kit.
“Glass is such a pain to get out, at least when we fell so hard on that gravel that one time the gravel just came out easily” Ice says to Scarlet thinking back over their other injuries during the time they had been hunting.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hi everyone. Haven't we just been super with these updates? Well I think we have. What do you think? Love it? Hate it? Want to sex it up? Makes you nearly cream your pants? makes you want to kill your computer screen? Okay sorry i'm rambling, lack of sleep seems to do this to me. We would love to hear your comments, wait we would love adoringly to hear your comments. Okay I'm rambling, sorry. Thanks for subscribing and reading. Please comment.
Lurking_shadow and BloodyChocolate