The Hunt

Just A Nightmare I Hope

Scarlet pulls out of the kiss and leans against Ryan’s chest.
“Nothing like some kitty killing to complete a romantic moment” Scarlet says smirking up at Ryan’s face.
“Damn demons sent it as a spy” Ryan says
“I think you are just guessing that” Scarlet says
“You got me” Ryan says
“Well I agree with you”
Scarlet starts to get off Ryan’s lap but he catches her shoulders.
“Where do you think you’re going?” Ryan asks
“Never mind I’m quite comfy here” Scarlet says settling back down in Ryan’s arms.
“I never want to have to move” Ryan whispers stroking her hair.
“Me neither” Scarlet whispers back.
The soft movement of him stroking her hair starts to lull Scarlet to sleep. Ryan is still, except for his hand stroking her hair, he listens to the soft beating of her heart and the calming sound of her breathing. Scarlet is soon asleep in Ryan’s lap. Ryan stands up holding her against his chest carefully so he doesn’t wake her. He lays her on his bed carefully and with great care removes her boots. Before removing the dagger from her belt and laying it on the bedside. Ryan then takes of his boots, shirt and pants until he is left in his boxer shorts. He climbs into bed beside her. Scarlet moves towards him as she sleeps. She clings to him as she dreams. Ryan wraps an arm around her.

Mathew climbs into bed beside Ice.
“How do you feel my love?” Mathew asks pecking her lips.
“At this moment? Brilliant, Mathew and candy is a marvellous combination” Ice replies.
Mathew smirks.
“That’s good” Mathew says before grabbing the remote and starting the movie.
Half way through the movie Ice fell asleep in Mathew’s arms. Mathew shakes his head, only Ice could fall asleep at the height of action he thinks. Quietly he switches off the TV and pulls the blankets up over Ice’s serene sleeping form. He kisses her forehead before laying down beside her.
“I love you” He whispers softly.

Scarlet wakes up to the sound of a cat hissing and growling. She sits bolt upright in bed. Ryan isn’t in the bed. The cat at the end of the bed hisses an swipes at her. Suddenly the door is thrown open and the damned demon is standing in the doorway.
“Hope you are enjoying your stay” He says with a malicious smile.
Scarlet reaches for her weapons but finds she isn’t even in Ryan’s bed. The room is unfamiliar. That cat runs past the demon and out the door.
“Don’t worry, your death with be slow and painful I assure you just as Ice’s will be” The demon says “Just as Mathew and Ryan’s death was”
The demon then slams the door shut.

Scarlet sits up in bed panting. Ryan sits up and wraps an arm over her shoulder.
“Are you alright?” He asks brushing her hair off her forehead.
Scarlet nods.
“Just a nightmare” Scarlet says leaning against Ryan.
Ryan lays back down with Scarlet.
“Hopefully” Scarlet whispers staring at the ceiling.

Ice wakes up to the sound of a cat hissing and growling. She sits bolt upright in bed. Mathew’s calming presence isn’t in the bed. The cat at the end of the bed hisses an swipes at her. Suddenly the door is thrown open and the vexatious demon is standing in the doorway.
“Hope you are enjoying your stay” He says with a malicious smile.
Ice reaches for her gun but finds she isn’t even in Mathew’s bed. The room is unfamiliar. That cat runs past the demon and out the door.
“Don’t worry, your death with be slow and painful I assure you just as Scarlet’s will be” The demon says “Just as Mathew and Ryan’s death was”
The demon then slams the door shut.

Ice’s eyes shoot open. She is breathing heavily and Mathew is studying her concerned.
“What was the nightmare?” He asks having already determined she had been having a nightmare.
“That demon, don’t worry” Ice says shaking her head.
“Of course I am going to worry” Mathew says kissing her cheek.
“We only need to worry if Scarlet had a similar dream, then we’re in trouble” Ice says
“Why?” Mathew asks frowning
“If she and I have the same dream then we know that it has great meaning or could even possibly happen” Ice replies cuddling closer to Mathew.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hello loyal readers. Another chapter. What did you think of it? What will happen? Thank you for reading subscribing remember to comment.
Lurking_shadow and Bloodychocolate