The Hunt

Secret Squirrel Business

“Of course” Scarlet says
Ice and Scarlet loop arms and walk over to the cotton candy stall. The boys laugh and follow them. A few minutes later the girls were munching happily on blobs of cotton candy.
“Hey” Scarlet whines as Ryan leans in and steals some of her cotton candy “That was mine”
“Exactly, you said was, meaning past tense” Ryan says “It was yours now is mine”
Scarlet pouts and Ryan chuckles.
“I’m sorry love” He says before pecking her lips.

Scarlet and Ice had finished their cotton candy now they were trying on some cloths while Mathew sat outside the fitting rooms. Ryan had been sick of sitting outside and ‘missing all the action’, as he had said, so he had hoisted himself over the door to join Scarlet in the change room.
“What do you think?” Ice asks Mathew coming out of the fitting room with a close fitting, black halter neck top that has patterns which look as if violet paint had been sprayed over the top.
Ice’s bust is well complemented by the top and has three-quarter black pants on. Mathew smiles and gives the thumbs up.
“Hmm… I should probably ask Scarlet” Ice murmurs.
“What’s wrong with my opinion?” Mathew says standing up
“Tell me a reason why I should buy this outfit” Ice says smirking.
“You look hot” Mathew says.
“Thought so” Ice says before turning to look at Scarlet who had just appeared from where she had been trying on clothing. Ryan emerged with her with his arm wrapped around her shoulders.
“That looks good Ice, the pants make your arse look small and your legs look thin, can’t ask for much more” Scarlet says looking at Ice’s outfit “Plus the shirt is great at accentuating your bust”
“Thanks” Ice says before slipping back into the change room.

Both girls had purchased the outfits and were now walking out towards the car.
“Why do I have to lug the bags?” Mathew complains.
“Because you’re my sexy pack-mule” Ice replies planting a small kiss on Mathew’s cheek.
“Why do I have to carry your bags then?” Ryan asks Scarlet.
She turns around and smiles to him. Her smile nearly takes his breath away because he hardly sees her dazzlingly smile since so many bad things have happened to her. Scarlet stops walking to stand beside him. She leans in close to him and he can feel her breath on his neck. A smirk creeps it’s way onto his face.
“Think of it as a privilege” Scarlet whispers in his ear.
She laughs softly before catching up to Ice and linking arms with her. The boys look at each other and shake their heads.
“You look like a love struck puppy” The boys tell each other in unison.

As the couples drove from the shopping centre car park Ice and Scarlet began to feel nervous as to where the boys were going to take them.
“Mathew baby” Ice says leaning into his shoulder in the back seat “Would you please tell me where you are going to take us?”
“Don’t worry sweetie” Mathew replies to Ice before shooting a glare at Ryan who is driving.
“You are really annoying me with this secret squirrel business about the location that is ‘oh so safe” Scarlet says
Ryan and Mathew laugh.
“What?” Scarlet snaps
“Sorry, it’s just I thought you said secret squirrel business” Ryan says laughing
“I did say that, and it is exactly what you are doing” Scarlet responds “Don’t think that Ice and I are clueless as to the secret conversation you two are having”
“I’m sorry, we are just a bit reluctant to go there or even tell you just yet” Ryan says laying a hand on Scarlet’s knee.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hello there!
Okay well I hope you like the title of the chapter. It is an expression I've been using a lot lately and I couldn't help myself from using it. What do you think? Is the chapter average? Terrible? Good? Worth reading? We'd love to hear your comments. Thanks for reading.
Lurking_shadow and Bloodychocolate