The Hunt

I Wish I Could

“What do you mean ‘well’? I can smell Ice’s scent, she’s not far away.” Mathew says looking over at Ryan.
“I can Smell Scarlet, she’s not far either, her scent is above us.” Ryan says looking at Mathew confused.
“Is there something you guys want to tell us?” Mathew and Ryan say in unison.
Before Miles could finish his statement a gunshot fires from the dark alleyway.
“What was that!?” Ryan asks.
They all run in the direction of the shot.

In the alleyway Ice finally comes up with a plan.
As Damien pushes himself further between Ice’s legs, Ice presses her back harder against the wall as she wraps her legs around Damien’s waist, causing him to leave her wrists and grab her thighs.
“I see someone wants to play” Damien whispers against Ice’s neck.
His fangs trailing along her throat.
“Oh yes, I love to play rough you know what else would make this even better?” Ice asks smirking as she swiftly reached for her gun and pressed it to the Side of the vampire’s head.
Ice pulls back the hammer on the gun and smirks changing her drunken look to sober, as Dante freezes, staring straight into Ice’s eyes.
“Your death” Ice pulls the trigger, releasing the special bullet.
“Bi-tch” Damien forces out, as he crumbles to the ground.
Standing straight as she watched him burst into ashes, Ice shakes her head disappointed.
“Not even a challenge” Ice pouts as she swiftly and quietly makes her way up to the green house where Scarlet and the vampire are.

Dante heard the shot and froze.
“What was that?” Scarlet asks, as if she didn’t know the familiar sound of Ice’s guns.
“sounds like a gunshot, but don’t worry I’ll keep you safe.” Dante whispered licking Scarlet’s neck.
“I believe you, but I’m worried about my sister, she can be very feisty.” Scarlet feigned worry.
“Can I have a taste of your blood first?” The vampire asked licking his lips.
“Well, you smell delicious, I’d like to taste you first.” Scarlet whispers in his ear, feeling disgusted with herself.
“Ah, I see you have a fetish for blood, are you a Halfling?” Dante asks rubbing his cold cheek against Scarlet’s.

“Hello, there.” Scarlet and Dante turn see Ice leaning against the door, they had came through.
“Why hello there, and what brings you here?” Damien asks pulling away from Scarlet.
Scarlet breaths a quiet sigh of relief.
“Damien, wasn’t fulfilling my needs, so I decided to come to you.” Ice smirks, walking over to Dante and rests her hand on the right side of his chest.
“Aren’t you worried that you sister might be angry with you trying to take me away?” Dante smirks raising an eyebrow.
“Oh you don’t have to worry about that, I don’t think your worth fighting over.” Scarlet says as she thrusts her blade into Dante’s heart and twists it from behind.
“What-what are you two?” Dante ask.
“Your worst nightmare” The girls say and watch as he bursts into ashes.
Scarlet looks over at Ice to see her disappointed face.
“I know your disappointed, I am too, but it was still some sort of challenge” Scarlet tries to cheer up Ice.
“Your right, at least we got to kill something, I don’t feel as satisfied but this should do till tomorrow.” Ice smirks.

“Nice to see our lovely ladies are doing well this evening.”
“Uh-oh.” Scarlet whispers to Ice.
Ice slowly turns around, nervously biting her lip, to see all four men standing a few feet from them.
“Hey, sweetie.” The girls say as they look at their partner’s skeptical faces.
“What are you two doing out here?” Mathew asks walking over to Ice.
Ryan does the same.
“You see-” Ryan cuts Scarlet off.
“You smell like another man, why is that?” Ryan asks taking a step back, with Mathew.
“I knew it, they were cheating on them.” Luke hisses at Miles.
“NO! We were out here because-” Luke cuts ice off.
“Because you had dates to be on, by the way where are they?” Luke snares at the girls.
“Why are you out here?” Mathew asks calmly looking into Ice’s eyes.
“We needed to kill something, we could stay in that castle locked up like Barbie’s in their boxes.” Ice answers.
“So where are the vampires?” Ryan asks looking around smelling faint unfamilar smells of male vampires.
“Lets just say that they are now ashes.” Scarlet smirks.
“Literally” Ice chuckles.

“See I told you that it could have been another reason” Miles smirked arrogantly at Luke.
Luke looked flabbergasted at Miles.
“You should apologize to them.”
Luke sighs defeated and clears his throat for attention.
“Umm, I’m sorry for assuming that you were cheating, we didn’t know what you were doing, We just wanted to make sure that our best friends had trustworthy women.” Luke sighed and looked at the ground as he said these next words.
“I’m also very sorry that I called you whores.”
“Whores, when was this?” the girls asked.
“Oh, don’t worry, I was just really angry at the thought that you were cheating so I- it doesn’t matter now.”
“Well, we have to get back, Father will be worried, if we are gone too long.” Ryan sighs as they all head for the palace.
“Oh when we get there you ladies will have to change.” Mathew scolds.

Back at the palace Elizabeth Rushed to her husband who stood at the door chatting with an old friend.
“Darling, the children have gone missing” Elizabeth says feigning worry.
“They were just here a moment ago, Maybe they went off to bed, it has been a long night.” James says as he closes the front door.
“No they left, I tried to stop them but they were being very disrespectful and would not heed my warnings.” Elizabeth insisted.
“That is not like the boys. Have you seen their women?” James asked walking with his wife up to their room.
“I think the boys went after them, they seemed in a rush.”
“Well, they have only just gotten their loves back, they are probably just being over protective of them.” James smiles at the thought of his sons being over protective fathers.
“You know this cannot continue?” Elizabeth folds her arms over her chest with a scolding look.
“What do you mean, my dear?” James asks changing into a comfortable pants and shirt.
“When they are training the new Hell Hounds, they can’t stop and run off every time they think the girls are in danger, we can not allow them to interfere with the training.” Elizabeth sighs changing in to her night gown.
“You are right, when they come back I will have a talk with them.” James says as he leaves his wife in their room and heads for his office.

“Thanks for keeping an eye on them” Ryan says as they walked to the front door of the palace.
“Yeah we would have had a huge problem if we couldn’t find them.” Mathew finishes as they enter.
“We are grown women, we can take care of ourselves.” Scarlet says crossing her arms over her chest.
“We are not children, you can scold.” Ice continues as they walk past the Living room.”
“You are right but I hope you plan on scolding my future grandchildren.” James calls from where he stood at the top of the stair case with a mug in his hand.
“Oh, hello father, we though you went to sleep.” Mathew and Ryan say in unison.
“No, I‘m in my office, doing some paper work you know the usual.” James smiled at the girls.
“Okay. We are going to take these exhausted ladies to bed,” Ryan says gesturing to Scarlet and Ice.
“As well as ourselves.” Mathew continues holding Ice’s hand as the six of them make their way upstairs toward James.
“Ah speaking of these lovely ladies, You mother has brought a concern of them to my attention, Come to my office when the girls are settled in bed.” James turns and walks of to his office.
“Wonder what that’s all about.” Luke yawns as he and Miles walk off to their rooms.
“This can’t be good.” Ice says looking at Scarlet.
“When it comes to Elizabeth nothing good comes to mind.” Ice finished.
“What did you want to talk about Father?” The boys ask walking into their father’s office.
“Ah, take a seat, I think you might need it.” James says taking a sip of tea.
“Can you tell us now?” Ryan asks a little agitated.
“You two will be training the Hell Hounds for the new soldiers in our army and Your mother is concerned that you might delay on completing your training because of the lovely ladies you have. And I agree, I know that you are very protective of them especially in this world, but nothing can be done if you are always worrying over them.” James sighs and stands up, walking to the front of his desk before his sons.

“Father what are you talking about, we are focused. Yes, Ice and Scarlet are our hearts, but we can’t just up and leave them behind,” Mathew says first.
“Exactly, we know that when it’s time to battle training, we have to leave them, we aren’t fools father.” Ryan pauses.
“Put yourself in our position, you wouldn’t just up and leave our real mother just because you had a duty to perform,”
“Yes we know our mother would have wanted you to do your duty, but you would at least like to know that she’s behind you when you are off at war even if deep down in her heart, she doesn’t want you to leave.”
James looks at his sons with a sad smile.
“Go to bed my sons, Training will be started day after tomorrow.” James pushed himself from the desk and sat in his chair.
Without question the boys stand up and leave their father’s office.
“Goodnight father” They say in unison and rush of to their rooms.

“Is everything okay?” Ice asks as Mathew joins her in bed.
“Yeah, nothing for you to worry about, we have everything settled.” Mathew sighed laying behind Ice and pulling her back into his chest.
“I’m not going to say that I’m sorry, you know?” Ice asks turning to face Mathew.
“Say sorry about what?” Ryan asks Scarlet, as he presses his lips to her cheek.
“About tonight, how Ice and I went off to fight some back guys.” Scarlet explains.
“Oh, Well, that’s okay because I wasn’t asking you to apologize. You and Ice are like wild horses. Dangerously beautiful.” Ryan Smirks closing his eyes and drifting off to sleep.

“Yeah, so, I’m not really good at asking, so I plan to put the ring in her wine glass at Dinner. I would feel better if she turned me down in our privacy than in front of other people.” Ryan whispers to his brother as they stand out in the hallway.
“Why would she say no to you it’s clear that she loves you, Ryan, don’t doubt yourself. I mean it’s okay to feel nervous but don’t expect no for an answer.” Mathew reassured his brother.
“Are you going to do the same with Ice?” Ryan asks suddenly.
“Umm, I don’t think, she’s ready for that yet but you do what your doing I’m happy for you both.” Mathew says smiling sadly.
“You make me feel like I’m doing something wrong, brother.” Ryan sighs leaning against the wall.
“Please, don’t feel that way I‘m happy for you both, honestly.” Mathew hugged his brother and patted his back.
They turned and went in their own directions toward their rooms.
“Somehow, I wish I could believe you.” Ryan whispers as he walks into his and Scarlet’s room
♠ ♠ ♠
Hello lovely readers here is the next chapter in our story.
Tell us what you think, we want to know your ideas.
I hope you enjoyed this Chapter!!
Bloodychocolate&Lurking_shadow