The Hunt

How Did You Get This Number?

Mathew regards Ice with a suspicious look.
“Well you shouldn’t come in here this is all for work” Mathew says leading Ice away from the weapons “Make sure you don’t tell a soul about this”

“Of course” Ice says letting Mathew lead her away.
He makes sure the bookcase returns to normal then wraps his arm around Ice’s waist. A grin forces it’s way across his face as he look at Ice wearing his shirt.
“You look so sexy” He says kissing her cheek then down to her neck.

A shiver runs down Ice’s spine as Mathew kisses her neck.
“Where’s your bathroom?” She asks.
“Oh right, this way” Mathew says leading her to the bathroom before they return to bed.

Scarlet rolls over and looks at Ryan as he lays asleep naked under the covers with her.
“The things I do for this job” Scarlet whispers to herself wrapping the sheets around her chest.
She lays down and sighs. Suddenly there is a knock at the door. Ryan stirs within an instant and looks over at Scarlet. She has already closed her eyes and steadied her breathing so she appears to be asleep. Ryan looks to the door and it opens revealing Mathew. Scarlet listens to them closely as she pretends to be asleep.
“Seems you had fun” Mathew comments obviously directing it towards Scarlet.
“I bet you didn’t do to badly yourself” Ryan responds “What are you doing up?”

“Well Ice found my weapons and knows about my job with the C.O.T.N” Mathew admits sheepishly.
“What? How did she find your weapons?” Ryan asks surprised trying to keep is voice down so he doesn’t wake Scarlet.
“She said she was looking for the bathroom and bumped into the bookcase” Mathew replies.

Both men look at Scarlet ‘sleeping’ peacefully.
“Why do you think they suddenly decided to give us a chance?” Ryan asks
“Didn’t they say they thought they had been too harsh?”
“Yeah I guess, just curious” Ryan says “I also have to admit that she knows that I work for the C.O.T.N”
“Wait why do they both know what the C.O.T.N?” Mathew asks
Ryan shakes his head. “I don’t know”
“Well I think we will have our hands full with these two, can you believe how they are always saying stuff at the same time?” Mathew says
“I know, I thought that at most people who are close would just finish each others sentences, it is kinda cute though” Ryan says
Mathew nods and the room falls silent as both men get wrapped up in their own thoughts.

Scarlet decides that she is sick of being ‘asleep’ and that she won’t find out anything else so she starts to wake. She opens her eyes and is met by Ryan’s eyes staring back.
“Hello honey” Ryan says sweetly.
Scarlet looks over to the door where Mathew stands.
“What are you doing?” She mumbles.

“Just checking on you guys” He says shrugging.
Scarlet nods and cuddles closer to Ryan making sure not to show anything x rated to Mathew.
“I’ll let you too sleep” Mathew say before closing the door and walking back into his room.

Ice is laying awake in bed.
“Where’d you go?” She asks as Mathew climbs back into bed.
“Just checking on something” he replies wrapping an arm around her waist and pulling her to him.
Ice sigh contently to her amazement as Mathew cuddles her closer.

In the morning Ice wakes up to her phone ringing. Scarlet wakes at about the same time to her phone ringing she groans and rolls over. Since Scarlet is not a morning person she is ready to just throw her mobile phone at the wall and let it shatter to a million pieces. Ryan yawns sitting up as Scarlet grabs her phone from her bag laying beside the bed.

“What?” Scarlet asks running her fingers through her hair.
“Hello is this one of the hunters who caught the creatures the other night for C.O.T.N?” A man asks
Scarlet freezes and her eyes widen. Ice has received the same call but it is a woman talking to her instead.
“Yes” Scarlet answers cautiously “How did you get this number?”
“We have systems in our office that log the numbers of each cell phone that enters the building” The man replies “We would like to ask you to come in this morning, will that be possible?”
Ryan leans over to Scarlet and kisses her cheek.
“I would have to check with my friend” Scarlet answers
“Well we have another person talking to her as well at the moment” The man responds
“Give me a moment” Scarlet says looking around the room for something to cover herself with.
She finds Ryan’s shirt and it is big enough on her to cover her relatively well. Scarlet grabs her underwear and pulls it on.
“Give me two seconds” Scarlet says to Ryan before leaving the room.

Just as Scarlet is walking towards Mathew’s room Ice is coming out to find Scarlet. They both look at each other and see the phone in the others hands.

“Should we go in?” Scarlet asks Ice in a whisper
“Might as well” Ice replies shrugging.
“We’ll be in at eleven o’clock” The girls answer at the same time.

They hang up and look at each other alarmed.
“They have our number” Ice exclaims
“There is something I don’t trust about them” Scarlet agrees.
“You girls alright?” Ryan asks coming up behind Scarlet and wrapping his arms around her.

“We have to leave, emergency with a friend” Scarlet replies acting sad and surprisingly slightly disappointed
“Oh” The only thing Ryan says
“What’s your mobile number?” Scarlet asks

After ice had told Mathew she had to leave and both girls had gotten numbers from the boys they got dressed and left to go back to their apartment before heading to C.O.T.N main building.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hello everyone here is anotehr chapter. What do you think? We would love to get some comments. Thanks for reading.
Lurking_shadow and Bloodychocolate