Denial

You Had Your Chance

Image

I was running. Running away from everyone in that house and everyone period. I ran right into the woods and found myself surrounded by trees. I was suddenly out of breath, my legs were weak, I couldn't run anymore, so I leaned myself up against a tree and just stood there trying to catch my breath and calm myself down.

"Why? Why me?" I muttered to myself.

"Why does this have to happen to me?" I cried, and I could feel the warm tears sliding down my face once again. In an instant, I felt myself being practically ripped away from the tree, and surrounded b someone's arms, held closely to them. I gasped and almost stopped breathing for a minute at the familiar scent of cigarettes and cologne.

"I'm sorry Leny. I'm sorry okay? I'm sorry. I'm so, so sorry." He just kept saying it over and over in my ear. I finally found my voice and the strength to talk.

"What are you doing here Zacky?" He pulled me back and looked at me.

"I'm sorry I lied to you at the airport that day Helena, it's just, I was confused, and I didn't know if Matt and Brian were lying about what you said, or if they were telling the truth, and I didn't wanna make myself look like an idiot in front of you. But now I know it was the truth. And I'm sorry, I love you so much Leny." I was at a loss for words. But then reality sank in, he didn't want me, he thought I was just playing the field. I pulled myself away from his hold.

"You had your chance Zack, I'm with Matt now. You go enjoy Barbie." And with that I walked away from him, leaving him standing there stunned, and I was on my way back home.

Just as I was walking up into my front yard, I saw Matt headed for his front door. I immediately ran over to him instead.

"Matt!" I called. He turned around and looked confused a little, at first, but then when he saw me his eyes lit up. I took off running right into his arms and he held onto me tight.

"Where have you been? You had me worried." He was rocking me back and forth in his arms.

"I just needed some time alone." He kissed my head.

"Next time warn me before you take off like that." I nodded and wrapped my arms tighter around him. Just then Zacky trudge up through the yard.

"Enjoy her Matt, she's all yours." He growled before walking through Matt's front door and slamming it behind him. Matt looked down at me confused again.

"He found me in the woods and apologized telling me he loved me and I told him it was too late." He looked at me with worried, sympathetic eyes.

"Why would you do that babe, you love him! This is what you've been waiting for!" I pulled away from him and shook my head.

"No it's not. He thinks I'm just playing the field, trying to get with each of you. Well I'm going to prove him wrong. I'm better than that, I'm better than him, and he doesn't deserve me." I crossed my arms over my chest and Matt wrapped me in his own arms.

We soon made our way back into his house. Val and Leana immediately jumped up, Michelle stayed seated. No one else was there besides Zacky and us. Lord only knows where Barbie went, probably to get a manicure.

"You're okay!" Leana shrieked, running over, with Val right be hind her.

"We were so worried about you." Val said.

"The guys wouldn't let us go with them, they made us stay here." She continued.

"Are you alright? Are you hurt?" Leana asked.

"Where did you go?"

"I'm fine, I'm fine, I just, need to rest." I noticed Michelle glaring at me?

"Hey Shelly." I gave her a weak smile. She just stood up and walked from the room.

"What's wrong with her?" I asked Val. She sighed.

"She thinks you're playing Matt. She thinks you stole him away from me on purpose, that you're using all of us girls as friends, and that you're using Matt because of your little confession to Zacky here a little bit ago." My jaw dropped.

"But it's not true!" She nodded and pulled me into a hug.

"I know."

I sighed going to sit down on the couch. Matt came back in the room a few minutes later and sat down next to me. "What's wrong baby? You look down."

"Michelle hates me."

"What?" He almost laughed at that.

"She hates me."

"Baby Michelle loves you."

"No, really Matt, she hates my guts. She thinks I'm just playing you and Zacky. Why does everybody think I'm out to hurt you guys?" I asked, throwing my arms in the air. I felt like crying again.

"I don't know Leny, I don't know."

"And I'm the one who's known you guys my whole life! Not her." He just nodded holding me close to him. Suddenly the front door burst open and in came Jimmy, Johnny, and Brian.

"Dude, we can't find her anywhere." Johnny said totally ignoring the fact I was sitting right next to Matt, much like the rest of them.

"Yeah, we searched everywhere, and found no Leny." Brian continued on.

"Did you check the spot on the couch next to me?" Matt asked.

"Yeah or the woods? That's where I was originally." I said smirking. They looked over their eyes went wide.

"Ohh."

"Yeaahhh." I mocked, then laughed. Matt looked down at me and smiled. "What?" I asked.

"It's good to see you laughing, that's all." I grinned big and kissed him lightly.

*****************************************************

It's been about five months now since everything went down that day. Matt and I are doing awesome, as for Zacky and Gena, not so much. He found out that I was right about her 'late night meetings' and it's over. Now he's alone and I'm happy. What goes around comes around eh? I met these two new girls at the mall the other day. They seem really awesome. Breanna and Tihana.

We hung out the rest of the day that day and we all exchanged numbers before leaving, so we're all gonna get together today and hang out again. Only this time, it'll be me, Val, Breanna, Tihana, and Leana. I know. We got three rhyming names now. Ha ha.

I was going through my closet trying to find something to wear when I felt Matt's arms wrap themselves around me and he kissed my shoulder.

"What are you doing?" He asked.

"Trying to find something to where for when I go out with the girls in a bit."

"Ooo, here, let me help."

"For some reason, I don't trust you." He just laughed.

"Trust me on this alright." He kissed my cheek and continued rummaging through my closet. After a good minute or two of searching, he pulled out something he apparently liked. "This. You can where this." He held it up, grinning, proud of himself. I smiled and pulled it out of his hands.

"I think you did good." I kissed the corner of his mouth. "After all, this will look good for the club we're going to tonight." I called over my shoulder as I was walking away.

"Say what?"

"Yeah, we're going to a club tonight. What did you think we were just going back to the mall?" I laughed. He pouted. "Awe, come on, don't be such a big baby about it."

"Can I come?"

"Are you a girl?"

"No, but I'm this girl's boyfriend. That should count for something." I laughed.

"You're funny honey, but no." I kissed him quickly before turning and leaving to get ready.

At The Club...

We all walked in the club looking absolutely stunning of course. (Helena, Val, Leana, Tihana, Breanna.)

"What'll it be?" The bartender asked, grinning.

"The usual." I smiled at him.

"I see you've got a couple of new ones on your hands." He said. I nodded.

"James, you know Val, this is Tihana and Breanna." He laughed lightly at the rhyming of their names.

"Hello girls."

"Ladies, this is James, my favorites bartender in the whole world." I winked at him.

"Hey James." They greeted, smiling. He got us our round of shots and we all just sat and talked for awhile.

"So I've been thinking." I said, quite a few drinks later.

"What's that?" Val asked.

"Michelle doesn't deserve Brian, no offense honey cause she's your sis, but still. It's true!" They all laughed.

"I think you're right. Ya know she's been acting funny here lately." Val added.

"Yeah you're telling me, she's probably cheating. Probably no better than Gena. Ever since they started hanging out a few months ago. Lord only kno-"

"Look!" Breanna shouted pointing across the room. I turned around in my bar stool nearly falling at the speed to see what got her all uptight.

"What, what is it?"

"The guys!" She exclaimed excitedly. I sighed with relief. Then I realized, the guys were here. I rolled my eyes and got up off my bar stool, the girls all following.

"Sneaking up on me, baby?" I asked, sitting down in Matt's lap receiving a disgusted glance from Zacky. He smirked.

"No."

"Sure, sure." He was about to open his mouth in protest but I cut him off by giving him a kiss. When I pulled away, I introduced them all to Tihana and Bre. Soon we were all engaged in a new conversation, minus Zacky and I.

A couple hours later, I couldn't help but notice the way Tihana and Zacky were doing nothing but constant flirting. I mean, I couldn't really blame her, she didn't know about my past, but without a doubt, he was probably doing it on purpose. Val noticed the look on my face and grabbed my hand pulling me away from Matt's arms and the rest of the table. Matt made a sound of protest but Val ignored him.

"Are you okay sweetie?" She asked, glancing over to where Ti and Zacky were. I smiled weakly.

"Yeah, sure I am."

"No you're not, look at you. You're torn up over him." I shook my head.

"No, no I'm not. I mean, if he's gonna get with another girl at least we know she's good for him right?" I half smiled at her. She smiled back.

"You but others before yourself way too often." I shrugged one shoulder.

"Maybe you should go home." I shook my head and raised my glass.

"I'm just getting started." She laughed.

"In your dreams babe. On a happier note, Breanna seems to be getting pretty cozy with Brian." She winked. I laughed.

"Maybe Michelle will be out of the picture before you know it. Then everybody will be happy!" Val frowned.

"Except you."

I wasn't exactly sure what she meant. If she meant I wouldn't be happy with Tihana and Zacky, or just in general, Val knew how to do that. She did from day one when she gave me that look that said, 'I know you better than you know yourself.' She already had me all figured out. But she's wrong this time. I love Matt now. I'm over Zacky. It just hurts a little. But if this is some kinda sick game he's playing to try and break me, it's not gonna work. Watch and see.

I'm stronger than him.
♠ ♠ ♠
Soooo?

What did you think?

Sorry it took awhile to update babes, I've had a horrid toothache and it's all I could do to stand to sit here and type up this one, but I thought you deserved it. So if it's kinda crappy, you know why.

But I promise it's going to start getting really, really exciting from here on out because it's reach closer and closer to the end. *Sighs* I know, I hate the thought of it as well.

So what do you think?

Ya think Matt and Leny will last?

Is Zacky really trying to play games with Leny?

Or does he have a plan of his own?

Will Zacky and Leny ever end up together?

Have faith ZACKY LOVERS!!!

Breanna is my best friend, and she's crazy about Syn Gates, and Tihana, again, is my good buddy off here who made my awesome banner!

Weird coincidence with the rhyming names is all....lol....

Well I'll see ya soon loves!

Vengeance Princess~