Denial

I'll Call You, Call Me

Image

Zacky's Point Of View...

I pulled Tihana into the next room and prepared myself to make her listen what I had to say. Wait, did I even know what I had to say? How was I gonna fix this? I sighed in frustration scratching the back of my head.

"Tihana look, I'm sorry, okay? I don't know what else to say. I didn't mean to do what I did. I was half drunk and half out of my mind. You can't blame me if I still have some feelings for her, it started in middle school. You've just gotta give me time to get over it." She stared at me for a few seconds before speaking.

"And what about your baby Zack? What about your child? There's always gonna be that bond between the two of you now. Always going to be a reminder of what happened." I sighed and flopped down on the bed.

"Tihana I wanna be with you. I realize now that Leny is never gonna be with me. She's marrying Matt and I just wanna be with you. The baby, it'll have Matt and Leny as parents, but yes, I'll always be in it's life. You can be it's step mom." She sighed looking down and spoke after a long moment.

"Ya know what Zack, I don't know if I can handle that right now."

"What?" I was instantly back at my feet.

"Tihana you don't mean that."

"Zacky I am in no way ready to be a mother, not even a step mother. I can't do this. I just-I need some time alone. To get away from this mess. To clear my head. Away from you." She said quietly before walking out the door.

"Tihana wait! Please!" I called after her. She spun around to look at me once again.

"No, Zacky don't. Just, I'll call you. Alright?" With that she turned and walked away.

"Ti, Ti wait." I wandered after her helplessly but she was already out the door. I stood in the living room staring at the front door that had just been slammed in my face.

"I take it, it went well." Jimmy said. I glared at him and he just walked away laughing as Brian hit him upside the head.

I let out a frustrated sigh as I sat down and grabbed my hair in my hands. I felt like ripping it all out at the very moment.

"Um, hi. H-how'd it go?" I looked up to see Leny walking in the room so very cautiously. I shook my head.

"She doesn't wanna deal with it."

"I-I'm sorry Zacky." She apologized walking closer to me.

"Don't worry about it." I said in what sounded like an almost irritated voice. She came over and sat next to me placing her hand on my shoulder.

"I really am though Zack. I-"

"Leny, don't worry about it. I'm fine." I said, turning a little to look at her.

"There's nothing we can do about it." I continued. She sighed.

"I should go find Matt." She said, standing up.

"Leny," I called and she turned back around.

"Congratulations." I smiled a small, weak smile.

"To you and Matt." She returned it before swiftly walking away. I sighed once she was gone running my hands through my hair.

"I'm sorry man." I looked up to see Brian.

"Not you too."

"No not about Tihana, you'll get over her. About Leny." He had my complete focus once again.

"Yeah man. You've got it bad for her. Even when you try to convince yourself you're getting over her." He sat down next to me. I just rolled my eyes and leaned back into the couch.

"I've made a promise to myself, Brian." He looked over at me.

"I've made a promise to myself." I repeated quietly.

"What's that Zack?" I sighed, looking down.

"No matter what happens, I will get over Helena RoseWilliams soon to be Sanders." He just shook his head.

"Time will tell." He shrugged. I sighed.

"I'm gonna head home Bri." He just nodded.

"See ya later."

"Later bro." I got up and headed towards the door.

"Oh and Zack," I stopped and turned around facing Brian once again.

"If all else fails, promises were made to be broken."

Leny's Point Of View

I still felt horrible for the fact that Tihana had walked out on Zacky. Maybe I could talk to her, change her mind, anything. He didn't deserve this. He really didn't. I mean, I know he brought it on himself, but he was drunk too. And Brian was no help. As if on cue of my thoughts, my cell phone rang the familiar ring tone of Brian's. "Rocked You Like A Hurricane" rang loudly through the air. I glared at the phone before picking it up and answering.

"Hello?"

"Helena?"

"No, Barney."

"Ha. Ha."

"Shut up Brian."

"Look, I'm sorry I convinced Zacky to go to the Hotel that night Leny I really am. If I'd have known it would've resulted in so many bad things, I never would have."

"Yeah I'm sure you wouldn't." I spat.

"I'm serious! Leny, please just hear me out."

"No, I don't wanna talk to you. I'm getting off of here, and I'm going to bed."

"Leny if you hang up I'll just come over there."

"And you'll be standing outside all night. Good bye." I hung up my phone, turned it off, tossed it on the couch and laid down. Not five minutes later, someone was knocking very loudly on my door along with ringing the doorbell repeatedly.

"Helena you might as well open the door because I'm not going away until you do!" He shouted before pounding on the door again and pressing the doorbell multiple times.

"Gah!" I threw the covers off of me and stomped down the hall. "Why does Matt have to be gone tonight of all nights?" I mumbled as I made my way to the door. I pulled the door open with such a force, the doorknob nearly put a hole in the wall. I rolled my eyes and crossed my arms over my chest.

"There's it's open, now what the heck do you want?" I asked, more than slightly aggravated.

"You're pregnant, you should settle down."

"Bu-wha-me? You're telling me to settle down when you're the one that-"

"Yeah yeah, come on, let's go sit down and talk about this." He spun me around by the shoulders and guided me into the living room where he sat me down on the couch before sitting next to me.

"Alright look, I'm sorry Helena. I wasn't exactly sober myself that night either. I guess I just thought that maybe he'd go to the Hotel, confess his feelings, you'd confess too, and you'd live happily ever after like you both know you should be." He sighed, frustrated.

"You know I only care about you Leny. And you know I only want the best for you." I crossed my arms once again and turned my head away from him. He turned my face towards him and made me look at him.

"I do care about you and you know it." I didn't say anything just sat quietly.

"Well, I know you know it's true, even if you won't admit it. You like to deny a lot of things Leny but I can see right through you. I can read you and Zacky like an open book." He said, leaning against my armrest and crossing his arms, focusing all his attention on me.

"You see, there's one very simple, logical explanation to all of this. To everything." he said coolly. I raised my eyes up to meet his in question.

"You're simply in denial Leny." I turned my head in the other direction.

"Oh what? You don't like that word? Denial? You live it babe! What's to shy away from when you live it everyday!"

"Shut up Brian." I said in a very low voice. So low it almost scared me.

"I'll tell ya what. I will shut up. And I'll leave you alone. And when you're ready to quit living in denial and admit to yourself what everyone else around you already knows, call me." He said, standing up and walking towards the door. Part of me didn't want to lose Brian. He was one of my best friends. Part of me wanted to go after him and tell him I'm sorry. But that wouldn't do any good. He basically said he wasn't speaking to me until I admitted something that he wanted to hear and that wasn't gonna happen.

"Hey babe, what's up?" Matt came in.

"I just saw Brian leave." I sighed.

"Yeah he did, and now he's mad at me."

"Why?" I swallowed. There's no way Matt would no Brian wanted Zacky and I together worse than a squirrel wanted nuts from a tree.

"Um, I-I just wasn't ready to accept his apology for what he did at the Hotel that night." He nodded and sat next to me.

"I see."

"It'll get better babe, I promise." He leaned over and kissed my head.

"It'll get better."

I sighed and closed my eyes leaning against him.

"Just relax and go to sleep. You need rest."

I fell asleep to the sound of Matt's steady heartbeat and his soft humming in my ear. Maybe things would get better.

Maybe...
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay, okay. First of all, I'd like to say, forgive me for the not so long update. My little sister's were torturing me to take them to the park since it's 82 Degrees out for the first time in forever!! Anyway!! OMG!!! 0.0 Poor Zacky! He got ditched! Possibly. She said she'd call him. And Bri told Lanes to call him when she admitted her state of Denial to herself. See the purpose of the title now? Okay, I'm really sorry Ti and Zacky fans...This is part of the story line!! Had to do it! There's a heart crusher coming up. Just you wait and see.

Be back soon my loves, the park awaits me. =P

Vengeance Princess~