The ABC's of Growing Up

T is for The Morning After

My eyes snapped open as I woke up and the night before flashed through my mind. I brought my head up off of Zacky’s chest and looked around the room, seeing my empty bed and Jimmy sleeping soundly in his bed. I hoped that he’d been too drunk last night to realise that Zacky and I had been in bed together and that our clothes were strewn across the room. I tried to get out of Zacky’s grip but his arm was tight around my waist. I bit my lip and gently laced my fingers with his, feeling his grip relax some. I slid out of his arms and gently placed his arm back down, hoping he wouldn’t feel me gone and wake up.

I looked over at Jimmy’s bed as I heard him move and hoped he wouldn’t wake up, considering I was now just standing in the middle of our room completely naked. I swiftly walked over to my bag that I’d dumped here shortly after arriving. I quickly pulled out some clothes and pulled them on, running a brush through my hair and putting it up in to a messy ponytail. I bit my lip and jumped for my bag from the night before as I heard my phone go off, The Call by The Backstreet Boys interrupting the quiet of the room.

I silenced it and looked at the two sleeping boys as I brought my phone to my ear. Luckily, neither one of them even stirred.

“Hello?” I whispered.

“Why are you whispering ducky?”

I swallowed. “Zacky and Jimmy are still asleep.”

“Figures,” Sarah chuckled. “Jason’s still snoring his head off as well.”

I smiled before running a hand through my hair.

“Lyndsey and I were wondering if you wanted to come down for breakfast with us.”

My eyes flickered over to Zacky before I nodded. “Yeah. I’ll meet you downstairs in five?”

“Okay ducky. See you soon.”

I hung up before finding a piece of paper to write a note to the boys so they knew where I was. I finally found some on the desk and quickly wrote out;

Morning, gone for breakfast with the girls. See you later. Tea <3

I put it down before grabbing my phone and the room key. I took one last glance at Zacky before sighing and walking out of the room.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was pretty much mute whilst we were having breakfast. Sarah and Lyndsey tried to get me to join in with their conversations but all my answers were half hearted.

“Okay,” Lyndsey finally sighed as she put down her fork. “Something is wrong with Teagan.”

I rolled my eyes and shook my head. “I’m fine.”

“If you were fine you wouldn’t have gone mute on us ducky,” Sarah pointed out.

“I’m fine,” I responded again as I poked at my cereal.

They were both quiet and though I wasn’t looking at them I knew that some kind of look was passing between them.

“Did something happen between you and Zacky last night?” Sarah asked quietly.

My eyes snapped to her and I felt myself blush slightly.

“How...how did you know?” I stuttered a little.

“We saw you.”

“You saw us,” I squeaked quietly.

Lyndsey’s brow furrowed. “We were looking for you and we saw you outside on the bench, straddling Zacky and kissing him like your life depended on it.”

“Then we felt a little bit like perverts so we left,” Sarah added with a small smile.

I sighed a little in relief and nodded. “So...you didn’t see anything after that?”

They both shook their heads, a look passing between them that clearly said that they thought I was losing it slightly.

“Why? What else happened?”

“Nothing,” I answered quickly. “Nothing at all!”

They both eyed me before, I think, taking what I said as the truth. Whether they did believe me or not, they dropped the subject. Or at least would have had Jimmy not walked in and opened his mouth.

“So, Teagan my dear,” he started, a smirk on his lips as he sat beside me. “What happened between you and Baker last night? You two seemed awfully cozy when I got to the room.”

My cheeks burned bright red and I heard Sarah and Lyndsey both gasp.

“You didn’t?” Lyndsey breathed and I looked at them both as they smirked at me.

“Oh I think they did,” Jimmy chuckled. “Considering they were sharing a bed and their clothes were on the floor.”

Lyndsey and Sarah literally gaped at me before big grins erupted across their faces. I groaned, feeling my cheeks burn that bit stronger, and buried my face in my hands.

“So was he good?” Sarah asked, her chin propped on her hands as she looked at me intently.

I rolled my eyes before pushing my chair out and climbing to my feet, turning and making a hasty exit.

“I’m gonna take that as a yes,” she laughed after me.

I turned to face them, though I carried on walking.

“I don’t have anyone to compare him to,” I pointed out before turning around and walking into someone’s chest.

Or more specifically, walking into Zacky’s chest.

I felt myself go red again and bit my lip. Zacky rubbed the back his neck and smiled at me a bit sheepishly.

“Morning,” he stated quietly.

“Morning,” I replied so quietly that I was basically mouthing the word.

I didn’t quite know what to say to him and I think it was quite obvious that he wasn’t sure what to say to me either. He knew how much I’d built my losing of my virginity up in my mind so he probably knew that last night was a big deal for me. I didn’t want this to affect our friendship though, I probably should have thought about that before I led him to our room.

“You okay?”

My gaze went up and met Zacky’s and I nodded.

“Yeah,” I smiled slightly. “I’m good. You okay?”

Zacky smiled and nodded. “I’m guessing by what you were saying as you walked into me that they know what happened last night.”

Once again I felt myself going a little more red than I already was. I nodded and bit my lip before glancing back to the table where the girls and Jimmy were trying to make it look like they weren’t watching Zacky and I. I rolled my eyes before looking back at Zacky.

“Jimmy told them that we had been ‘awfully cosy’,” I explained to Zacky.

He chuckled before wrapping his arms around me. “We’re okay right?”

I sighed and nodded against his chest before looking up at him.

“We’re okay,” I told him.

“We’re okay,” he affirmed with another smile before wrapping an arm around my shoulders and steering me back to the table.

I groaned in frustration since I’d been trying to a get away from the three stooges that inhabited it. Zacky laughed as he heard me before dropping a kiss on the top of my head.

“It’ll be okay.”

I looked up at him and had to put my faith in him, especially as he flashed me his heart melting smile.

“Not one word out of any of you,” Zacky warned Jimmy and the girls as we sat down with them.

All three of them pouted and I couldn’t help but laugh, thankful that things between Zacky and I weren’t too awkward.
♠ ♠ ♠
So....hope you liked it =D Not a lot to say to be honest with you.
Erm, so yeah!!! Tee hee.
Comments make me giddy = )

Aaaaaaand if you are interested there is a new game on my profile =D x