Status: Currently stopped working on.

Jecht

Release

“We can release her any time, she's ready to go home.” A smile came to my face, hearing the nurse say that made everything fell right again, I felt like it would be perfect at home now, no Tom, no worries.
All three of us walked into my mothers room, she was also getting the tubes taken out of her, just like Tom had. “You ready to go?” I asked, my mother laughed. “In a little bit Jecht, don't get ahead of yourself.” she said with a smile. The nurse helped her from the bed and placed the tubes on the counter behind her. Mother stood and took a deep breath, “I need to go outside.” she said.
The automatic doors opened for mother to walk out, but Tom also came in. Mother paused and Tom looked shocked in a way. “Went out for a smoke?” my mother asked, even though she already knew the answer. Tom didn't answer, he just walked past us. “What a bastard.” I mumbled as we all walked outside. Mother was a little slow, she hadn't been out of bed for a long two weeks. We all sat down on the bench. I placed my hood on over my head, it was freezing outside. It was February, my birthday month. I was turning 15, Ryans birthday was in June. I thought about how I had once had a dream of my mother and I living without Tom, how it would be so perfect; I had realized that that dream could come true, even though nothings perfect... it would sure be damn close to it. Mother grabbed my hand and held it tight. I smiled and put my head on her shoulder, “It's going to be alright.” I whispered, “Yeah, it will be.” she whispered back.
Ryan and Trevor went to the cafeteria for food. I stayed with mother, she had papers to go through and sign. I waited in the waiting room with her, glancing at the papers periodically. “What about Tom, I mean, where is he going to stay?” I asked, I had so many questions, even though mother probably couldn't answer all of them, I was just curious. “Probably on the streets, I should get a restraining order.” she said blankly, not even looking up from the papers. I wanted to get home, be with mother, just the two of us. I would return to school after the weekend, in 4 days. I wouldn't get the beatings anymore, I wouldn't have the bruises and black eyes, I wouldn't have secrets anymore. Mother stacked up the papers on her lap, then stood up and walked to the front counter. The lady behind the counter smiled and took the papers. Mother walked back and sat down. “Should we to see Tom?” she asked, I think she was curious of how he was. She wasn't heartless like he was. I shrugged, “I guess... wait how are we getting home?” I asked. She shrugged, “I'm not sure, we could call the bus, but let's go see Tom first.” she said as she stood up. I walked next to her down the hallway.
Tom was sitting in the room, the bed was made. He was going through papers, probably the same that my mother had gone through. I knocked, and then opened the door. “Tom.” my mother said, as a hello. Tom slowly looked over and tried to act as natural as possible. “You're in some deep shit.” I said with a satisfied look on my face. Mother hit me playfully with a grin on her face, telling me to be quiet, maybe even more nice? “Yeah I know.” Tom said after he coughed, “I'm filling out the papers now.” Mother sat on the opposite side of the room as Tom, I followed and crossed my leg over the other, I was curious of what we would talk about. “You know that mom's getting a restraining order?” I said, Toms expression didn't change, “Oh, is she now?” I looked to mother, she nodded, “I don't want you near Jecht anymore.” she said while she shook her head, “You've caused enough damage to the both of us.” Tom looked to the floor. “Have you told the hospital how you got hurt then?” Mother looked to the floor also, “As much as I remember from it, yes.”she replied. I didn't want to get into the conversation, I didn't know what I would say, I didn't know what happened when I chose not to go home that day. Mother still had a faint bruise on her left temple, it had a small bump also. The silence in the room made me want to cry, with everything that had happened I felt guilty. “I'm going to go talk with Ryan and Trevor, I'll be back.” I said as I stood, holding back the tears with a sniffle. “Alright, I'll be in here.” she said quietly, holding on lightly to my arm as I walked away; out the door.
Trevor and Ryan were laughing at the far end of the cafeteria. Seeing them made me laugh also. I shook my head and walked towards them. Once again, I thought of Tidus. I stopped walking, I didn't know why. I felt like someone was pushing me back, not wanting to move forward. Someone was keeping me still. I started getting fidgety. I got a quick shiver and then continued walking, taking a deep breath.
The two boys were mixing their pop, pressing all of the buttons, making the soda go all over the place; laughing hard. They set down their cups over flowing of soda and put their hands on their knees, just cracking up. I walked over with a smile on my face. I sat at the table feet away from them. I almost laughed, but I never did. Eventually they quit laughing, “Oh, hey Jecht, how long have you been here?” Ryan said, out of breath. I shook my head, “Too long.” They both got their breath back and sat at the table with me. “So, what's the deal now?” Ryan asked, “You going to stay with your mom while Tom goes to jail?” I nodded, “I'm not completely sure though, just like the whole thing with court, Tom will bring up the abuse.” I put my face in my hands and slowly wiped my face, and groaned. “I'm just thinking of the negative things.” Trevor shifted in his seat, “So, could your mom go to jail then, I'm not completely sure what the whole situation is?” I scratched my back, yawning. “Well, why don't I just start from the beginning?” I said right after my yawn. He shrugged, “And when was the beginning?” he asked. “Birth.” I replied, “Birth was when hell broke loose.”