Status: Currently stopped working on.

Jecht

Ryan's House

Tidus still had football practice after school so it was just Ryan and I on the bus, like it used to be. The bus driver almost forgot our stop like she always does and she backed up into Ryan's driveway. I sighed, said “have a good day” with a smile and got off after Ryan.
I hadn't been to Ryan's house for a few weeks. Tom hadn't been working that much, that often. Mother had been softening up the past few months. I hoped that by my birthday in February, which was in a couple of months, I had hoped that she would leave Tom and she would let me live with Ryan and she would get a nice job, along with a nice house. My dreams often don't come true, so I let that hope fade away.
Ryan opened the front door to his house and the smell of cookies and warmth came wafting in my face. “Mom, Jecht's here.” he yelled as we walked up the stairs with our bags. I didn't hear a reply. We both stopped and walked down the stairs to the kitchen. “Mom?” Ryan said again. We walked into the kitchen to see his mother dancing with her headphones in. I turned to Ryan with a smile on my face. We both immediately started laughing. I sat down and covered my mouth. Ryan was cracking up and almost fell to the floor. His mother turned around and saw us. She immediately took the headphones out of her ears and set it on the clean counter. She looked embarrassed. “Why hello boys.” she said fixing her apron. Ryan finally stopped laughing and took a seat next to me. “Hi mom.” he said, still trying not to laugh. “How's your mom Jecht?” I wasn't expecting her to ask me that. No one asked me about my parents, almost like they knew what bad of shape they were in, almost like they knew that I didn't get fed often, almost like they knew where my bruises came from. I smiled and said “She's doing good.” She nodded and turned around to grab the plate of cookies.
I had always loved to get away from the house, but I loved it even more when I was at Ryan's house. I actually got fed. His mother was caring. His dad was in the marines and wasn't home.
Ryan grabbed the plate and stood up, “Well, i guess that we'll let you get back to your dancing mom.” He said with a playful smile. His mother shook her head. “Don't eat too fast.” We headed up to his room.
His dog was laying on his bed, sleeping soundly. “Get up Sparks.” he said, lightly nudging the dog. The dog grunted and ran out the door and down the stairs. He then grabbed a remote off his dresser and pointed in towards his TV. I sat on his bed and waited for him to sit next to me. He looked at me and finally sat down. My Chemical Romance started playing on TV. It was sort of quiet, in an awkward way. The cookies were on his stomach. I periodically reached over to grab one.
We both laid there, on his bed. I went to reach for another and grabbed nothing but air. I looked at the plate and it was bare. I glanced at him. He smiled, “I'll be back.” he said and walked back downstairs. I laid there and stared at the ceiling.
"And if your heart stops beating.”
I heard him laughing downstairs, his mom was probably still dancing downstairs. I felt my leg vibrate, and flinched. I did have a cell phone, I wasn't allowed but my mother knew. If Tom had found out she would try and tell him it was alright for me to have one, but he would've hit me anyways. I kept it at school unless I knew I wasn't going to be home, it could've fallen out during a beating and then I could've got my self killed. I took it out of my pocket and looked at the screen. “1 new text message.” I pressed “read.”
I ran down stairs and grabbed my bag which I had left by the stairs. “Ryan I gotta go.” I said then kissed him on the cheek. “What, why?” he said grabbing my arm, I shook him off and opened the door. “Tom's home.” I said it like it was life or death, which it could've been. “Thank you for letting me come over.” I yelled and waved to his mother through the window. Ryan just stood there. He looked like he could cry. I stopped running and dropped my bag, I ran over to him and hugged him. “I'm sorry, I love you.” I whispered. “Love you too, now hurry home. Be careful.” he said and I started running home.
Ryan walked back inside. “Why so soon?” his mother asked, obviously meaning why I had left in a hurry. He sat down and sighed. “Mom can I talk to you about something, it's about Jecht?”