Status: Currently stopped working on.

Jecht

Tom

I stayed in the room with my mother all day. Ryan and I had periodically visited Mary, in the cafeteria. Ryan's mom had gone home, but promised to soon return.
“Were going to have to go home eventually you know?” Ryan said, staring blankly at the wall in front of him. I nodded. I didn't want to leave my mothers side. I held her hand tighter, she slept most of the day.
“I wonder how Tidus is?” I asked, not knowing if he would respond. I looked up to see him roll his eyes and sigh, “That kid doesn't belong here.” he said. I just nodded.
The door opened and Ryan's mother stepped inside with a smile on her face. “Hey mom.” Ryan said, “Hey kiddo,” she responded, “How's she doin'?” she nodded towards my sleeping mother. I nodded, “She's alright, she's been sleeping quite much lately.” His mother took a seat next to the door, “Well she probably hasn't had a good nights sleep in a while.” I looked back at my mom. She was such a mess, I probably was too. I had been at the hospital for 3 days. “What about Tom?” I asked as I turned my head towards Ryan's mother. She shrugged and sighed, “I'm not completely sure Jecht.” I looked to the floor and nodded. “I had called the police to your house. I don't know if he was arrested, or if he's in the hospital?” his mother continued “Would you like me to check?” I didn't reply, “Jecht.” she said again., “Would you like me too check?” I kept my head to the ground and nodded. I heard her get up and walk out the door. I stood up and wiped my face with both of m,y hands. “I need to get some air.” I moaned. Ryan stood, “Let's go outside for a while then.”
It was February 1st, and it still felt like December outside. You could see your breath and left over snow in chunks out in the parking lot. I took a deep breath and let it out slowly. “What's gonna happen?” I asked. I didn't look at Ryan and he didn't look at me. “I'm not completely sure Jecht, I guess we're going to have to wait.” I suddenly felt all of my frustration, it built in my chest, then somehow formed into tears. I slowly lifted my hand to the tear so that it wouldn't fall. I turned and around slowly and walked to the bench by the hospital automatic doors. I sat down and crossed my leg over the other. There was a middle aged man pacing by the garbage can; smoking a cigarette. “I'm screwed.” I mumbled to myself. “Tell me 'bout it.” I looked up at the man, he was now putting out his cigarette and placing it on the ashtray on top of the garbage can. Ryan looked over at the man, I shrugged. The man coughed and took a seat next to me. “What's the matter son?” he asked casually. “Please don't call me son” I barked back. I looked over to see his expression. His face was blank. There was an awkward silence, they breeze caught my hair, and pushed it into my eyes. I swung my head to get the hair out of my eyes. “Psh.” I heard from the man. I turned my whole body towards the man. “Excuse me sir, but do you have a problem?” A smile came to his face. “No son... I don't.” I looked him in the eyes, even though he wasn't looking at me. “Well your my problem.” I quietly said as I stood up and walked back inside to the hospital.
When we were back in the room with my mother, Ryan's mom was already sitting by my mothers side. “What was that all about?” Ryan asked as I walked through the door, I let go and the door hit him. I wasn't even paying attention. All I wanted to know was what had happened to Tom. I stood, staring at Ryan's moms face, I then looked at my own mothers face.
“Tom's in the hospital.”