Promise Me Forever

014 - Everything's Perfect

I watched through my squinted eyes as Zacky climbed out of bed, thinking that I was still asleep. He stumbled into the bathroom, and I heard the sink water running, he was probably brushing his teeth.

We were supposed to meet the everyone at Jimmy’s house today to plan something that the girl’s wanted to take to celebrate something, they didn‘t fill me in on the details. The sound of running water stopped and I propped myself up on my elbows.

“What time are we heading over to Jimmy’s?” I asked Zacky as he walked out of the bathroom and towards the door, he jumped, evidently not seeing that I was awake.

“Oh, um around noon I guess. It’s around 11 o’clock now, you should probably get up and start getting ready,” he said taking his time as he walked backwards towards the door.

Once he left the room I threw the covers off and headed over to the closet, deciding to follow his advice. I pulled own a purple shirt and some jeans then crossed the room to the bathroom. I’d taken a shower last night, and I figured that after I’d brushed my hair, I would look okay enough to just get dressed and put on a little makeup.

After getting dressed, I exited the room and walked down the steps and into the kitchen. There were plates sitting on the counter, each had toast on them and Zacky was standing at the stove, cooking what smelled like eggs.

“Um, they wanted me to bring this up, so it didn’t shock you too much when we actually starting planning it,” he started, but cut himself off as he carried the pan over to a plate and scooped a fried egg onto it. “They’re wanting to plan a beach trip. But we wanted to know first if it was okay with you. You’re not getting out of anyone’s sight this time and nothing or no one is going to hurt you again.”

It didn’t shock me. I knew that I’d have to go back to the beach eventually, I just didn’t think it would have to be this soon.

“It’s fine. I’m going to have to do it eventually, and sooner is better than later,” I answered, not truly happy with the words that were coming out of my mouth.

Now Zacky looked shocked with my answer. I guess that they all must have thought that I wouldn’t want to go because of what happened with Josh last time. It would bother me to an extent that he was there, but what would worry me most is what he would be capable of doing to me this time.

“Really? Because if you’re uncomfortable with the idea, I’m sure that they could come up with something you’d like to do better. I don’t want you to think that you have to do this because it’s something we all want to do. I’d be just as happy spending a day at the mall,” he paused to put another egg onto a plate. “And wow I never thought that I’d say that.”

I laughed, “Yes, really. I’m fine with the idea. Is this mine?” I asked gesturing towards the plate.

As he nodded, I picked up the plate and made my way over to the table with it. The time was nearing twelve o’clock and we’d have to eat quickly if we wanted to get there when the others were. Zacky probably didn’t plan on us sleeping in that late.

------------------------

“Okay, now for the topic that we’re all here for anyway,” Val interrupted Matt as he started to tell another one of his jokes. “Zacky I’m assuming that you talked to her about it?”

He nodded, “Yes, and she agreed.”

“Good.”

“Well I say that we go on Saturday and camp out that night,” Leana said from next to Jimmy, who nodded quickly agreeing with the idea.

“That sounds good. We can bar-b-que there and make a day and night out of it.”

“Well I think that’s all the planning that needs to be done. Who want’s to go swimming?” Matt yelled after gulping down the last bit of his beer and throwing the can into a nearby trashcan.
♠ ♠ ♠
I know that the last chapter and this one are short, but the next one should be longer. Then the one after that will probably be rather short, then they should go back to the normal length.

But, just to encourage you to comment even more to get the next chapter, the title of it is Deja Vu, and they're going to the beach.