Promise Me Forever

015 - Deja Vu

Today started out fine, if not perfect. Zack woke me up to a wonderful breakfast in bed, but I think he was only doing it to make me a little more confident about today.

He left me alone to eat after telling me everyone would be here soon to head over to the beach. I finished up the rest of the bacon strips on my plate then started to head down to the kitchen to put the dishes in the dishwasher, before going to change into my clothes for the day.

“Did you like it?” Zacky asked with his mouth full of what looked like pancakes.

“Yes, it was wonderful. I’m going to change and pack a bag. Is there anything you want me to put in the bag?” I questioned.

He shoved another forkful of pancakes into his mouth before turning to me and shaking his head, that boy was hopeless. Shaking my head I turned and exited the room, climbing back up the flight of stairs and into the bathroom to change into my swimming suit.

The black and white two piece was still hanging over the shower rod from yesterday when we went swimming. I don’t understand why all the guys have pool when we live within walking distance of the ocean.

I pulled off my pajamas, or rather the sleep shorts and shirt that I’d worn yesterday, and slipped on the suit, making sure not to tie my hair into the strap around my neck.

My dirty clothes got thrown into the hamper before I left the room in search of a pair of shorts and a top that I could pull on.

Zack’s Misfit’s shirt was hanging slightly out of the draw so I pulled it out and put it on. I could have just worn that and not have to worry about shorts, but that would seem slutly, at least to me. There was only one pair of clean jean shorts in my half of the closet, I tried to remember to remind myself to do laundry when we got home but I knew that would be useless. I’d forget anyways.

The doorbell sounded from downstairs and I rushed to brush my hair and teeth before putting some flip flops on and rushing to get downstairs and see everyone. It’s been a while.

“Jade!” Val and Michelle yelled running towards me with their arms thrown out for a hug.

I nearly got squeezed to death. But I missed their hugs.

“You ready to go?” Zacky asked as he took the bag from me and slung his arm around my shoulders.

I nodded. “Sure am.”

---------------------

The beach wasn’t crowded. Well at least not as bad as it usually was.

“It’s okay, Jade. It won’t happen again,” Zacky said as he slung his arm over my shoulders after feeling me tense up.

“I know, it’s just that I really have to go to the bathroom. But from what happened last time, I don’t wanna go,” I replied.

“Then come on. I’ll walk with you there.”

We walked along the beach crossing the road diagonally and walking up the steps there wasn’t a line, which surprised me. Zacky leaned up against the wall outside the door and said he’d be waiting.

I turned into the last stall and locked the door. But I froze when a hand clamped over my mouth.

“Did you think you could really get away?” Josh’s voice whispered in my ear.

I tried to scream for help. But his hand was placed firmly over my mouth and it was impossible for Zacky to hear me.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry I haven't updated in a month. And I promise that it wouldn't be that long until I update again.

Cliffhanger! I'll try to post again over the weekend.

Comment. Subscribe.