I Can't Make It on My Own

Chapter 8: First snowfall

Four very, exhausting hours later of Alice dragging me from store to store, we arrive back to her tiny little car with 30 bags, just for me. I huff as I throw the bags down stretching my arms out and rubbing them a bit. Alice bounces past me, opening the trunk with a smile on her face.

"Do you really expect to fit all those in your trunk?"

She glances at me for a second before shoving most of the bags in the trunk, then grabbing mine and throwing them in what little there is of her back seat.

"Yes actually!"

She giggles, jumping into the drivers seat as I stand there with a stupid look on my face before realizing she'll leave me here and slid into the passengers seat.

She speeds off, humming a tinkling little tune to herself before looking at my bored expression that's staring out the window.

"That was fun wasn't it?"

My blue eyes glare in her direction, "How can you do that much shopping?! That's just insanity!"

She laughs, not bothering to answer my question and speeds off back to the house.

As we're taking the bags out of the car, snow starts to fall gently to the Earth. Alice looks up gasping and laughing while she twirls delicately before going inside.

I groan knowing Christmas is only a week away and school starts 2 weeks after it. I only have four bags to carry and I make my way into the house, looking towards the living room. Alice is already sitting down with Rosalie, Emmett, Esme and Jasper.

Alice sees me and rushes over in a blur, "I'll take those!" and dashes up the stairs.

Emmett's laughter echos through the house, "She looks like she's in pain!"

Rosalie smacks him, "Leave her alone!"

I sit down next to Jasper, letting my lungs deflate as I fall back on him, "Please don't ever let me do that again."

They all laugh at me as Jasper runs his cold fingers on my neck and collarbone, "I can't make any promises."

The snow catches my eye outside and I watch it. Saddens washes over me as I start to think of my parents. Before Jasper can even ask me I tell them I'm going to my room and leave as fast as I humanly can without tripping. Once I got in my room, the tears just started pouring out and I couldn't control it which got me fired up and I threw a good punch at the wall next to me.

"Hey!"

I turn around to see Jasper coming towards me and grabbing my hand. His ice hands felt great on my knuckles that started to burn.

I avoid his eyes, "I get like this sometimes."

"May I ask you what for?"

I stare hard at the floors then start looking up the wall, up the ceiling then finally at his face, "My parents died on Christmas."

His hardened face softens up, "I'm so sorry Candy I-"

I pull my hand from him, cradling it to my chest, "I really don't want to hear it Jasper. Nothing anyone says, no matter how much sympathy someone has for me, will never bring them back."
♠ ♠ ♠
ehh I feel like deleting this and restarting, I have a better idea -_-