Regrets and Romance

Chapter 8

~Two Months Later~

I was once agin in the bathroom spewing up everything in my belly. I’ve been sick a lot lately. There was a knock at the door as I was washing the taste from my mouth.

“Ginnybean, are you ok?” Lauren asked coming in.

“No.” I tell her crying.

“What’s wrong honey?” she asks enveloping me in a hug.

I didn’t answer at first but she continued to hold me.

“I think I’m pregnant.” I whisper.

“Oh...does Matt know?” I shake my head no.

“I don’t want to worry him until I know for sure and anyway it just occurred to me today that I may be.” I explain.

“Do you want me to get you a test? Just so we can make sure.” I nod my head yes.

“Ok I’ll be right kay,” she heads towards the door then stops, “Is there anything else you need?”

“No, thanks though. I’ll be in my room when you get back.”

She nods before leaving. I stared at myself in the mirror taking in my appearance. I was pale and there were purple and black bags under my eyes. After depressing myself with how terrible I look, I head to my room. Once in my room I laid in bed, in the dark, thinking. I might be a mother and I was still a kid myself. Then I began thinking about Matt and everything that could go wrong. About fifteen minutes later Lauren arrived holding a can of Arizona Green Tea.

“I bought this for you because I know how much you like them and I also got you a peanut butter cup.”

“Thanks.” I smile taking the tea and started drinking it.

When I was about half way done with it she pulled out the test.

“We’ve put it off long enough Ginny.” she says passing it to me.

“I’m not ready for this.”

“Should have thought of that before having sex.” she said in a sing song voice.

I groan and leave the room then came back holding it as if it was a ticking time bomb about to explode.

“When will we know?” I ask setting it on my night stand.

“According to this it will beep.”she says reading the back of the box.

“So just wait for the beep?”

“I guess so.” she shrugs tossing the box to the floor.

And that’s what we did, sat there for what felt like an eternity waiting for the beep.
When it went off I stared at it as if it were about to eat me.

“I can’t look, you look for me.” I tell her hyperventilating.

She went over and looked at it keeping a blank expression.
“Well am I?” I asked dreading the answer.

She just nods her head yes and passes it to me. And there it was, that tiny, little, life ruining, plus sign. I started bawling, I defiantly was not ready to be a mom. After a few minutes I stopped crying. All that was accomplishing was giving me a headache. Lauren left and came back with two things of Ben and Jerry’s ice cream. We sat talking about everything but the baby. But even though we didn’t talk about it, it was the only thing on my mind.

“Laur, Laur I’m scared.” I finally confess.

“You’d be stupid not to be. This is a big thing to happen to someone so young.”

Just then the door opened and in walked the most gorgeous guy in the universe, my boyfriend.
Even with everything that was going on seeing him still brought a smile to my face. I missed him like crazy this week. He was at his dad’s and I wasn’t able to go since I was “sick”.

“You feeling any better?” he asked pulling me into a hug, soon followed by a kiss.

“Now that you’re here, yes.”

He smiled and sat between Lauren and I wrapping an arm around me.

“Hey Lauren.”

“Hey there,” she says getting up. “Well I’ll just go leave you two alone.”

“Bye.” we chorus as she leaves.

“Did you miss me?” he asks.

“Like crazy.”

“Good cause I missed you too.” he says before kissing me. He deepened as he pushed me back against the pillows lightly. In that moment I forgot everything. Notting mattered except us and the feeling of his lips on mine. He moved his attention to my neck and our hands began roaming. It was then that I noticed the pregnancy test lying on the night stand and reality came crashing down around me.

“I’m pregnant!” I blurt out.

He completely froze and just stared at me. “What?”

“I’m pregnant.” I repeated quietly.

“Are..are you sure?”

I reach over and hand him the test. “That’s positive so yeah..”

“How did this happen?” he asked himself more then me.

“Well you see Matt when two people...” he cut me off.

“That’s not what I meant.”

“I know, but it’s not like we did anything to prevent it.” It went silent.

“Wow...” he stares at my belly. “I’m going to be a daddy.” he smiled at me.

“So I was thinking maybe you should stay for dinner tonight and then that way we get telling my parents out of the way.”

“Ok but then tomorrow we tell my mom.”

I nod. “I just hope they don’t kill us...me.”

“They won’t.” he assured me. “Lecture us probably but not kill us.”

For the rest of the time we just laid there holding each other. Even though I was still freaked out about the fact that I would soon be a mother, having Matt there made it that much more easy.
Derek came up at around six o’clock to get us for dinner. On the way to the kitchen I stared to shake badly.

“You ok?” Matt asks rubbing my back.

I just nod and rest my head on his shoulder. Dinner was quiet, I couldn’t eat either cause I was so nervous.

“You have to eat something Gin.” Matt tells me concern visible in his voice.

“I’m not hungry.”

“But you have to eat.” he persist.

“Ginger dear, why are you not eating?” my mother asks.

“I’m not hungry.” I repeat.

“Bullshit! You’ve done nothing but eat for the past few days..” Derek jumps in.

“Have not!”

“Yeah you have, just today you ate two whole things of ice cream.” he shoots back.

“No I only ate one, Lauren had the other.”

He went to argue back but Matt stopped him. “Drop it dude, she hasn’t been feeling well.”

Derek rolled his eyes and went back to eating his dinner.

“Can I be excused?” I ask.

“No.”my father says sternly.

“Why not?” I whine.

“You cannot leave until you have eaten.”

“But I’m not hungry!”

“You are going to eat dinner with your family young lady and you will not leave this table until it is done.” he says in a final tone.

“You’ve been acting so strange lately Ginger, and I’m beginning to worry about you.” my mom butts in.

I look over at Matt who was looking at me with a look that plainly said just tell them already.
I nod signaling I understood.

“Well you see there is a reason for it.” I start nervously.

I glance back at Matt who was now holding is head in his hands, hiding his face.

“Are you addicted to crack cocain?” My dad asks angry

“No!”

“Is it heroine?” my mom asks concern.

“I’m not on drugs, I’m fucking pregnant!” I scream.

Matt lifted his head up and stared at me amazed, Derek dropped his fork and was looking between Matt and I with a horrified expression, and my parents looked as if I’d just slapped them.

“Oh dear,” my mom squeaks covering her mouth then quickly removes her hands, “You do know who the father is right?”

That was when I remembered that we never told them we are together.

“Of course I do!”I snap.

“Well then, who is it?” dad asks raising an eyebrow.

I look over at Matt and shot him a this ones on you look.

He takes a deep breath, “Um I am sir.”

They stared at him in complete shock. It was quiet for a long time then my mom broke it. “I didn’t even know you two were together.”

“Yeah they’ve been together for a while now.” Derek breaks in.

“Well Matthew I must say I thought you had more sense then that,”he pauses “Ginger I expected something like this from but I always believed you were smart.”

“Thanks dad, I’m so happy you think so highly of me.” I say sarcastically.

He gruffs and tells me to leave which I did gladly. Fifteen minutes later Matt came up to my room looking tired and fell down next to me.

“Well?” I ask curling up to him.

“Your parents officially lost all respect for me, oh and Derek wants me dead.” he said before kissing my forehead.

“I still love you.” I tell him before kissing him.

“I love you more.”

We spent the rest of the night cuddled together until my mom came up and made him go home.

~Eight Months Later~

I was in so much pain that everything around me was a blur. All I could make out was the angelic
voice in my ear. It kept telling me that everything would be fine, that I was strong, and to do as the doctor told me. I could feel myself grow weak and the voice became frantic.

“Common Ginny, you can do it. Just one more push.” Matt was saying, I hear the tears in his voice.

I did as he said and then a cry broke through the room.

“Congratulations it’s a girl.” was the last thing I heard before everything went black.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it took so long for an update.

Image