Status: Complete.

Hope Begins to Fade

Hope Begins To Fade Ch. 23- Let Me Out

Hope Begins To Fade Ch. 23- Let Me Out
I found some peace today
I grit my teeth
And swallow all my pain and selfish pride
I use to hide behind

He stood in front of us, grinning wide, I tightened my grip on Brian’s hand. He was the kind of man who gave women a chill down their spine; the kind where women’s intuition kicked in and you found yourself thinking of ways to get away from him, just in case. If only I was that smart.
But he wasn’t always like this…
“Hey there, Scarlet!”
I fought my body from shaking.
“Scar.” Johnny said nervously.
When I didn’t answer, he spoke again, staring at Brian and I. “So I see you left Matt, huh? Sanders not good enough for you? I know you’re a whore but still; prying on some innocent guy?” Brian glared at him. “And what’s this pussy’s name?”
“Synyster Gates.” He stated through clenched teeth.
“Now where have I heard that name?” he asked. “Oh, that’s right; Avenged Sevenfold.
“Yeah, the name of my group.” Matt stepped foreword.
I saw recognition in his eyes. “Sanders? Dude, long time no see!”
“Should have kept it that way.” Matt said. “Drake.”
“Oh, so you remember my name, huh? Well, is your girlfriend fucking all these guys too? Such a whore, I’m telling ya. You did the right thing getting out of that relationship.” Drake sighed, shaking his head. “Such a shock I’d see ya’ll here. Justin, wasn’t it?” he asked Johnny.
“No.” he grimaced. “Johnny.”
“So, Synyster, Matt, Johnny…” Drake turned to Jimmy.
“Jimmy.” He stated blankly.
Drake turned to Zacky. “Name’s Zacky.” He said.
He glanced at Jaz who was in Zacky’s arms. “Well, well, well? If it isn’t Jasmine. So you’re with Zacky now? Basil not good enough for ya…oh, wait. Never mind. Yeah, he cheated on you, huh? And Scar spent all those days and nights on the phone with you. You were torn up, huh?” Drake grinned. “But for such a broken heart, you sure moved on fast…”
That was it, he has no right to talk to Jaz that way. “Leave her the fuck alone.” Drake turned to me. “She has nothing to do with this; neither do they. So go ahead. Take me. Do whatever the fuck you’re planning on doing to me. Rape me, kill me?”
He chuckled. “Rape, oh, it was NEVER rape; you always wanted it.”
“You just keep fucking telling yourself that, you asshole.”
He smirked. “See ya around.” He turned and left.
Let me out, let me out I’m singing
Let me out, let me out I’m singing
I’m a liar and a cheat in prison
Accused of telling the truth

I stared towards the door then glanced at everyone.
“He met you guys before you said?”
“No, we saw him but he didn’t walk to us.” Jimmy said.
I glanced at Brian who stood, his ears red, and fists clenched.
“That motherfucker.” Brian ground his teeth.
“Calm down…” Johnny cooed.
“NO!” he snapped. “What’d he do to you?”
I stayed silent as tears filled my eyes. “She’ll tell us later…” Matt stated, putting his hand on my shoulder.
“Let’s go.” Brian pleaded angrily.
We left in silence. Everyone seemed to be looking around as we walked to the car. The ride home, the silence stayed.
Brian grabbed my hand, keeping me from breaking down. We got into the house soon; the ride home didn’t take long.
“Do you wanna tell them all?” Matt whispered to me, I nodded and sat in-between Johnny and Brian on the couch.
“That guy was a dick!” Johnny stated.
“Yeah, really.” Zacky sighed.
“What happened?” Brian growled. He took my hand.
I closed my eyes, a single tear sliding down my cheek.
“Aw sweetheart, you can talk to us. We’re here. Promise.” Johnny stated.
“Yeah, we’re all here, baby.” Brian said soothingly.
I sighed, beginning some sad memories…

FLASHBACKS

I stared at the man who sat at my next table. I didn’t like my job but I got a lot of tips from the guys… But this guy was something different. He was nice, funny, flirty…cute.
I walked over to him, smiling. “You know,” he said. “I never got your name.”
“Scarlet.”
“Well, how beautiful.” He sighed as he drank his Pepsi. He pulled out a pen and pulled my hand gently. He wrote some numbers on my hand and wrote ‘Drake’ “Now you give me your number and maybe I can take you out to a movie tonight?”
I blushed and wrote down my number. “Alright. Thanks.”
That night, we went to the movies. We had our first kiss and soon the night was done and I was left alone in my house, staring at my hand which had his number. ‘This may actually work out…’
The next day, I told Matt everything.
“Just please be careful.” He told me…
Flames of pain stained paint my eyes
Child I've lost this face won't lie
Time burns my souls decay grey
Sifting through the smoke and lies
Swimming exhale our love that's died

~~~
We’d been together for five months now. Everything was perfect…except for the fact that he was always upset about how much Matt and I hung out.
I met him in the park after work one day and we walked back to my place. He stared down my shirt the whole way. I don’t have a problem with the attention, it’s just where it leads that scares me…
He kept pressuring me to have sex. I didn’t want to just yet… I was still a virgin. To be honest, I didn’t really think that he was meant for me. He’d always talk and flirt with girls but get pissed at me when I’d hang out with Matt. We were best friends and yes, I loved him. As a friend. But Drake was being an ass. He was jealous and we’d always get into fights about stupid shit. I hated it and really wanted him to stop trying to get me into bed… I didn’t know what was coming… if only I did.
We got home and I started dinner as he watched me. He began taking me upstairs and kissing me; trying to have sex with me.
“Stop. Just stop!” I snapped as he stared at me. He scared me then; his muscles tensed up and his eyes grew dark.
“No. We’re going to fuck. Now get your stupid ass upstairs so I can be done with you!”
“No! Drake! I don’t want to!” I screamed. He slapped me.
“Shut up, bitch! Get the fuck upstairs!” he pulled his pocket knife out. “Or I’ll kill you.”
I could tell by the look on his face that he was serious. I ran up the stairs, tears falling from my eyes…
That was the first time he’d done that. But not the last. It kept getting worse. He’d threaten me, cut me up while we were doing it, or cut me up whenever. I began slitting my wrists. I didn’t know what to do.
I would tell Matt.
That was my plan until Drake threatened him too. I was stuck and lost…and dying slowly.
First and last ain't ever the same, so I’ll keep on singing this
I don’t care if you’re right or if I'm always wrong
Just want to sing my song before this whole world


BACK WITH A7X
I sat there after my first story. They stared at me in disbelief.
“So…he practically raped you?” Val questioned.
I nodded. “I didn’t want it. I didn’t love him and I think he realized I was gonna break up with him soon…”
Brian tightened his grip on my leg. “I swear, I’m gonna kill him!”
“Me too!” Johnny growled.
“And to make it worse…” Matt called. Everyone’s attention snapped back. I was happy he was the one to tell this story… “One night… I found her…”

MATT’S FLASHBACK

I hadn’t seen Scar in forever. I decided to go to her house.
“Scar! Ya home!?” I knocked on her door. No one answered. So I grabbed my key and unlocked the door, stepping inside the dark, familiar house. I searched the lower level and went to her room. I slammed open the door after charging up the stairs. That’s when I saw…
She was tied to the bed; cuts all over her, blood seeping, and bruises on her. I untied her from the bed posts, noticing the raw flesh on her wrists blood coming to the surface.
Let me out, let me out I’m singing
Let me out, let me out I’m singing
I’m a liar and a cheat in prison
Accused of telling the truth

“Scar, come on…wake up…” I nudged her, waking her.
“Oh my God! Matt!” she threw her arms around me. I held her tighly, letting her wrap her legs around me as I carried her down the stairs.
“What happened to you?” I rubbed her back.
She sniffled. “Drake… he got tired of me and took me to my room to ‘teach me how he is’… he tied me up and…and-”
“And he fucked you, right?” I ground my teeth.
“Raped. Yes. He’s been doing it for months now…”
My eyes grew wide. “What!? Why didn’t you tell me?”
“He threatened to kill me and you if I told.” She cried. “I didn’t want you to die, Mattie. You have so many dreams…” I set her down on the counter and stared into her hazel eyes.
Now and forever
I stand to sever all ties and connections with recollections of pain or fear
Family, society, authority and every peer
Swallowing tears, lien' in my stomach
I'm getting free-er every second eroding and exploding
All these corporate deceptions right here I'm...

“Scar. You’re my main priority. You’re my everything. I don’t need you getting hurt.” I stroked her cheek, tucking the hair behind her ear. “Scar…” she looked up at me; her gorgeous face hiding pain. I leaned down and kissed her soft lips. She was shocked but soon kissed back. “I love you.” I stated.
“I…I love you too.” She whispered.
“And I promise I’m gonna get you out of this.” And I meant it…
Metal prison bars block our minds
youth's truth sold and televised
I never bought it and I won’t play your games, for fame
Are we just rats in a pipers tune soothed,
Scraping for cheese in a maze made to lose
No, I’m not and I won’t eat your food... Subdued
I don’t care if your right or if I’m always wrong,
Just want to sing my song before this whole world ...GONE


BACK WITH A7X SCAR’S POV
I glanced up at Val, in fear of her being mad because of what happened. To my surprise, she smiled at me soothingly.
“And I did get her out of it. Drake was upset because I knew and I let her stay with me.” Matt stated.
“So what’d you do?” Jimmy asked.
“I was about to get the cops involved but he left. Went to like, Vegas, or something.” Matt retorted.
“So, what, now all of the sudden he’s back?” Johnny asked.
“I guess…” I glanced up at Brain who kissed my forehead. My cell rang and I grabbed it from my pocket, opening it and holding it to my ear after not recognizing the number.
“Hello Scarlet.” His voice rang. I stayed quiet. “Not speaking are we? Well, fine. Just like what happened when I took your virginity, huh?” I dug my nails into my palm. “So, did you tell those freaks anything that happened?”
“No. They don’t know.” I sighed.
“Uh, huh. Yu lying bitch!” he raised his voice, giving me courage.
“Yep. I told them everything, you dumb, spineless dick!”
“You don’t talk to me like that, whore!” he screamed.
“No, you stupid fucker! I’ll fucking talk to you whatever way I fucking want, alright? Listen, I hate you. I truly do. And I don’t want you fuckin around in my life again!” I was screaming by this point.
He stayed silent for a minute. “Yeah. Now you get ballsy when you know you got a group of guys protecting you. You’re just a scared little cunt.”
I grimaced. I hated that word. And he knew it. “Yeah, sure. Think what you want. I’ll fucking take you down myself.”
“Aw, come on, you know you want me.”
I laughed. “I went out with you cause you were nice. Then I found out who you really were. So fuck you. I hope to never see you again, you jackass son of a bitch!” I yelled, causing Matt to laugh. “And don’t talk to me again!” I hung up.
“You go, girl!” Val cheered.
“I hate him.” I sighed.
“It’s alright, petunia.” Brian kissed me. “We all do.”
“I just want to go to bed…” I sighed, standing up. “Thanks guys. I don’t know what I’d do without you all.” I walked up to our bedroom but heard Jimmy’s voice.
“Wow…what a strong woman. To live through that.”
“Yeah. She’s…unbelievable” Matt said and I could tell he was smiling. Tears fell down my cheeks and a smiled for the first time after we met Drake today.
Let me out, let me out I’m singing
Let me out, let me out I’m singing
I’m a liar and a cheat in prison
Accused of telling the truth

My head began to throb. I don’t want Drake to get me. Sure, I was strong against him but… I had memories; I had fears… And I was even more confused. I wanted to leave but I don’t know… I closed my eyes as I lay in bed; memories clouding my mind…
Let me out, let me out I’m singing
Let me out, let me out I’m singing
♠ ♠ ♠
Well i loved this chapter!! Turned out really well! Keep reading my fav. chapter is coming up!!
Comment
message
SUBSCRIBE
add me?
i still and always will love you guys!!♥
~Nicole~