Status: Complete.

Hope Begins to Fade

Hope Begins To Fade Ch. 5- Wouldn’t Be Gone

Hope Begins To Fade Ch. 5- Wouldn’t Be Gone

Scarlet’s POV

After all the drama, I was happily sitting between Syn and Matt, laughing with the boys. I liked them all but Syn and Johnny were awesome!! Jaz was getting really acquainted with Zacky. I sat there talking to Syn as Matt stood, checking his phone and walking away. I looked up at him, trying to hide my emotions for him. I mean, I grew up with him, knew everything about him, was best friends with him, kissed him all the time, fell in love with him, had sex with him, and got my heart broken by him.

“Ah! There’s that look again!” Syn said.

“What look?”

“That ‘Oh-there’s-Mattie-I-wish-I-could-be-with-him-right-now’ look.” I just rolled my eyes, shaking my head. “Oh, come on, Scar! I know you well enough by now to see how you are.” He paused to drink his beer then leaned in closer to me; his arm still around my shoulders and whispered “You lied to Val, huh? You were hoping he would get back with you.” I blushed and turned away. He laughed. “Oh, sweetheart! It’s ok! Your secret’s safe with me! I promise. Am I still your favorite?”

I looked up at him an giggled, making his grin widen. “Of course!” I put my head on his shoulder for a second then sat back. I saw him staring at me and suddenly felt self-conscious. “Can I touch your hair?” I blurted out.

He laughed. “What? Are you serious!?” I nodded covering my mouth. He laughed again. “Alright. But just you. Don’t go around telling your friends I let people touch my hair!” I giggled and reached up, touching his hair. He had it spiked today and it was really soft. “So what do ya think?”

I giggled again. “I love it!!” he smiled. “I’m sorry…It just kinda came out and I…” I paused. “Forget it…”

“No. Tell me.”

“Fine…I’d always talk to my friends about you guys and they asked me what I’d do if I met you. I said I’d want to touch your hair.” I drank my beer then, feeling completely stupid for rambling about stupid shit in front of the Great Synyster Gates.

“Is that so? When Matt told us about you, I told him I wanted to be your best fucking friend cause you seemed awesome!”

I blushed. “Thanks.” I quickly raised my hand and touched his hair again as he drank his beer, causing him to chuckle.

“Oohh!! He must like you, he’s letting you touch his hair!” Zacky laughed.

Brian just raised his middle finger up at them, causing them to laugh.

“What the fuck!?” Matt yelled, slamming his cell closed. We all turned to him. “She’s not fucking answering!”

“Dude! Calm down!” Jimmy sighed.

“Yeah, she was being a bitch anyway, why do you even want to talk to her?” Johnny questioned. Matt whirled around.

“How many fucking times do I have to tell you!? She’s just stressed!” he snapped.

“Again, calm down man!” Jimmy retorted.

“I can’t fucking take this anymore! I’m goin out!” he opened the door.

“Where?” Zacky called.

“Driving!” he shouted.

I just looked back at Brian, waiting for him to explain. “When he’s upset, he goes out driving. But most of the time, he’s had a few too many…once, he crashed the car. Wound up in the hospital for two days.”

“Wait…he’s had, what, 9 or 10 of those huge fucking beers!?” I asked. Brian just nodded. “How many did he have when he crashed?”

“Five.” He stated.

“Synny! We have to get him!” I cried. “I just found him again! I can’t afford to lose him forever! Please!” he nodded, setting his beer down.

The guys and Jaz had heard it all. They stood, ready to go/

“He’s our singer. We need to get him before he crashes again. Last time he was fuckin lucky. Tonight, luck doesn’t seem to be too on his side!” Jimmy stated, holding his clenched fist to his chest.

“Alright, Superman wannabe!” Johnny retorted. We laughed.

“Zacky, you take my car. I’m goin with Scar. Brian stated, throwing his keys to him as we walked down the hallway.

Finally we were outside. “Alright. We’ll call each other if any of us finds him.” Johnny sighed the instructions.

“We all got into our cars and left. Jasmine went with Zacky. The whole time I drove, I could feel Brain’s eyes on me. I knew I looked depressed but I was worried we’d find him dead. The adrenaline was pumping through my veins and Brian noticed so he turned on the radio.

“I love this song!” I said. It was ‘She Wouldn’t Be Gone’ by Blake Shelton. Now I’ll admit, I don’t like country but I liked this.

Red roadside wild flower if I'd only picked you
Took you home set you on the counter
Oh, at least a time or two
Maybe she'd thought it through.
Yellow sunset slowly dipping down in the rear view
Oh, how she'd love to sit and watch you
I could have done that a whole lot more
If I hadn't been so stubborn, been so selfish
Thought about her more, thought about me less
Joked and made her laugh, held her when she cried
A little more that.. maybe I...
Wouldn't be driving like hell flying like crazy down the highway
Calling everyone we know stopping any place she might be
Going any place she might go beating on the dash
Screaming out her name at the windshield tears soaking up my face
If I had loved her this much all along, maybe, maybe...
She wouldn't be gone…
♠ ♠ ♠
alright, well it's a snow day today so I'm updating as much as i can. I finished In Too Deep and now to work on the 30 pages to type of this...
comment!! love you guys!!