Status: Complete.

Hope Begins to Fade

Hope Begins to Fade Ch. 78- The Only Thing

Hope Begins to Fade Ch. 78- The Only Thing

Brian’s POV

The sirens broke the silence; Scar was sobbing and began to moan out of pain.

“Brian.” She whispered between sobs.

“It’s ok. I’m right here.” I took her sweaty hand in my own.

“Bri, she’s gonna be early.” She cried. “And when people would ask how far in I was, they’d be shocked, thinking that I was 5 months in when I was really 7.”

“Don’t worry. You’re alright. We’re gonna get you there and she’ll be ok.”

She whimpered in the silence for a second, tears streaming as she bit her lip. Before I could lean in to kiss her, the door opened and the guys took her our, setting her in a wheelchair, and instructing me to follow them in.

They wheeled her into the hospital and some nurses came out, taking her chair. It was all so hectic and it felt like my head was spinning as they quickly spoke of her condition. The nurse wheeled her down the hall. As I was about to follow, a doctor pulled me back.

“I need to be with my fiancé!” I screamed.

“We need to ask a few questions first.” He replied. “She’s how many months in?”

“Almost 8.” I stated. My friends all ran in, quickly rushing to me.

“And where were you when this happened?”

“Playing a show with my band.” I pointed to the guys, considering the girls were holding each other and freaking out.

“Is there any stress with her?”

“Her ex boyfriend came in and he was abusive.” I replied hurriedly. “He raped her again.” I held back my anger.

“Oh.” Was all he could say. “Meaning him penetrating her could have caused trauma, stress, anxiety. All leading to and early delivery.” The doc wrote something down.

“Oh, God.” Jaz mumbled.

“Is there any way to get the man?”

“He ran before we could get him. The ambulance got here and we left him, deciding Scarlet was more important.” Matt answered quickly. I knew I’d have to talk to him later. He’s hiding something.

“Yea, well-” the doc stopped when the nurse came back. She talked quietly to him then left and he turned back to us. “She’s almost fully dilated. But, I must warn you, it’s possible we could lose her.”

“W-What!?”

“The trauma. She could have high blood pressure as it is. Very likely. And with giving birth, blood pressure rises. It’s possible that she could get eclampsia.”

“What’s that?” Matt cut in.

“It’s when the blood pressure is too high. Means you could possibly lose the mother and child. Happens sometimes during childbirth. May cause excessive bleeding, liver damage, kidney problems. But we’ll take care of both of them through it all.”

“Oh God.” Jaz repeated, sobbing.

“S-so I could lose them both?” I whispered.

“There’s always a possibility. But, you need to go in there. The worst thing to do is stress. Even during this, you need to calm her down. The higher the blood pressure, the more likely it is to happen.”

…I could lose her…

“Ok.” I nodded, ignoring the bile in my throat.

“Want anyone with you? One other can come.”

“I think I need to be with her. That’s it.” I said. “Sorry, guys.”

“It’s ok. Just go.” They said, reassuringly patting me on the back.

I was taken to her room to find her in the bed. She was wearing one of those stupid hospital gowns. I guess it was easier that way.

“Brian.” She breathed. “Thank God!”

I took a seat in the chair next to the bed and took her hand, kissing it lightly.

Calm her down. That’s what I need to do.

I leaned in to her and kissed her lovingly, fighting back the tears that threatened to fall.

…What if those lyrics of Matt’s were right?...

The last song he’d sung. ‘So what if I never hold you? Or kiss your lips again. So I never wanna leave you! And the memories of us to see, I beg don’t leave me.’

“Baby, you gotta relax, ok? Just breathe. When you’re done, we’ll have a beautiful baby girl, just like her mommy.”

She smiled and did as I instructed. I listened to her now even breathing.

“Thanks. I’m feeling better.” Before she could speak again, she screamed, arcing her back a bit.

“Shit…” I mumbled.

A nurse ran in quickly. Another scream erupted from Scar’s plump lips. “Are you ready?” she asked.

“What!? Now!? The baby’s coming now!?” Scar screamed frantically.

The nurse stepped into the hall, calling for people.

“Calm down. It’s ok. Take it out on my hand. Deep breaths too. I’m here.” I soothed, pushing the strands of hair gently from her face. She was sweating like crazy!

“Ok.” the midwife came in, gloves on. “Ms. Kilbane? Are you ready?”

“I suppose so.” She squeezed my hand gently.

Matt’s POV

I paced as everyone else sat. This is so nerve racking. I never expected this. I didn’t think Drake would come back. I didn’t expect her pregnancy to be like this. I thought it would be as simple as Daytona’s.

But now, we may lose both her and the baby.

That would tear us apart!

You can just feel the tension in the air and the love for Scar. All of us were waiting, praying.

I walked down the hall which was empty and fell to my knees.

Dear God, the only thing I ask of you…
♠ ♠ ♠
alright, this chapter makes me so sad :(

but i still love it!!
I would put the comment thing in this authors note thing but i dont have time. its time to eat.

So I'll be back lol

PLEASE comment, id like to know what you thought!! I'll prob. update tomorrow

love ya!!♥