Status: Complete.

Hope Begins to Fade

I’m A Dreamer For Sure

After more days of fun-in-the sun, dinners, sex, and clubbing, we were on our way home. We’d called Jimmy before we left and told him what time the plane took off and when we suspected it would land; just so the Jolly Green Giant could pick us up.

Almost as soon as we got off the plane with our luggage, there was a huge scream.

“Scar!!!!! Brian!!!!” way to make a scene, Jimmy…

I giggled as he pulled me into a Jimmy-sized hug and then drug Brian into the fun.

“We missed ya, Jimbo.” Brian spoke.

“I bet I missed you more.” He defended.

“Nope, you’re wrong.” I laughed.

Soon we were back in the car and on our way home. Jimmy asked us all the details about Hawaii. He begged us to tell him how the sex went as well, which we continued to decline with a loud laugh.

“Alright, here it is!” Jimmy called as we turned in the driveway.

Brian faked shock, “No, really? This is where we live!?”

“Mhm, and we’re gonna get you in there. You have a little baby girl on our hands, waiting for you.”

With that I smiled as we exited the car. Jimmy took my bag and Brian grabbed his own as we made our way to the front door.

Upon opening it, I gasped loudly.

“Surprise!” came a chorus of calls.

“You guys…” I smiled.

Streamers and balloons hung everywhere. A banner read ‘welcome home newlyweds’. Everyone was piled in the foyer of the house, smiling brightly at us.

“We missed you.” Val called as she embraced me tightly.

“We missed you guys more than we can explain!” Brian smirked as he and Jimmy set our bags down inside.

We closed the door and I hugged every person in the room.

“Glad you’re back, love!” Daytona and Jaz smirked.

“You’re daughter has somethin to say.” Johnny chuckled.

There Serenity was, dressed in an adorable little purple dress, hiding behind her Uncle Johnny’s leg.

“Come on, sweetie. What did we practice?” Matt smiled at her.

Serenity walked closer to me as I bent down, holding out my arms to hug her. She greeted me with a warm smile, “Hi mommy,” she giggled, “I missed you.”

“Awww!” I gasped, embracing her tiny body, picking her up and spinning her around.

“Thanks for this guys. Really.” Brian chimed in, kissing Serenity on the cheek.

“This isn’t it! We’ve set up everything!” Jimmy cheered.

Zacky chuckled, “It was Jim’s idea if you hadn’t noticed.”

“Aw, really?” I kissed Jimmy on the cheek.

“He couldn’t stop bouncing off the walls.” Val shook her head.

We followed Jimmy into the kitchen where they’d pulled out plates and silverware.

The back door was open; Matt went back by the gill, flipping the burgers.

“Go get changed! Bathing suits! Chop chop.” Daytona cooed.

“Alright, alright.” Brian and I laughed.

Jimmy took Serenity from my arms, throwing her up in the air as she giggled and he caught her. If it were anyone else, I’d have feared for my daughter’s safety. I think everyone knew you were safe in Jimmy’s hands…

We took our bags up to our rooms and unpacked quickly. Considering we hadn’t packed much, it took no time.

Brian and I changed into our bathing suits and arrived downstairs to find Jimmy standing there with Serenity.

“Everyone else is already in the pool. You two ready?” he asked. I’d noticed he’d held hands with Serenity who someone had changed into her princess one-piece.

We nodded and followed them. They both stood on a tile and began hopping to different ones on their way back to the kitchen and outside.

Serenity cheered as she reached the grassy area, “You won!” Jimmy shouted, high-fiving her.

God, she was growing up fast…

“Hey, here comes the love struck newlyweds!” Zacky screamed.

Cheers sounded and Brian bowed, chuckling.

Matt had just gotten out of the pool, checking on the burgers again. Val was sitting on the edge, her feet dipping in the pool. Daytona and Jaz were in a splash fight. Johnny sat on a float, beer in hand. Zacky was swimming and dodging Jaz’s splashing. Jimmy was leading Serenity over to the sandbox with Sam. The two played together amazingly. I swear they just may end up falling in love…

Brian and I entered the pool as Jimmy and Matt did. Everyone was sitting around, enjoying it all. I swam to Jaz, tackling her underwater and then helping her back up.

“Bitch!” I giggled as she play-hit me.

“I love you.” she wined, embracing me.

And so that’s how the night was spent, in the pool as Matt went back and forth to check on the burgers. Soon, it was time to eat and we all met outside on the back porch’s picnic table. Food was piled everywhere; burgers, hot dogs, potato salad, fries, macaroni salad, jello, cake…it was making me hungrier just looking at it.

We all dug in and I helped Serenity with her food. Halfway through the meal, she was sitting on my lap, Daytona to the right of me and Brian to my left, poking Sam.

“Sammy, wanna go play?” Daytona asked.

“Yes!” he smiled, taking Serenity’s hand and leading her by the sandbox again.

“Stay away from the pool please.” I called over my shoulder.

“Okay, mommy.” Serenity giggled.

I smiled, shaking my head. Too cute…

“I propose a toast,” Zacky stood, holding up his beer bottle, “to Brian and Scarlet for finding love at a concert. To all of us for sticking with each other this long, to my beautiful girl,” he looked at Jaz who blushed, “to the two beautiful little children we are blessed with right over there, and to friendship. I think I speak for everyone here when I say that I love each and every one of you.”

We all cheered, hitting our beers together and drinking.

What a wonderful group of people I’m blessed with…

A few hours later, Serenity was falling asleep on my lap. I sat on Johnny’s pool float with him while everyone else swam around or talked.

“You need to put her to bed?” Johnny asked.

“Yeah. Seren, ya wanna go night-night?” I gazed down to her.

“Yes pwease.”

“Alright, when I put you on my shoulders, you have to hold on. Okay?”

“Okay.”

I placed her on my shoulders and got off the raft, “I’ll be back Johnny.” He nodded at me as I made my way out of the pool. “Say goodnight to everyone.”

“Goodnight evweyone.” She called.

“Goodnight Serenity!” everyone chimed in.

Brian met me at the door and together we made our way up the stairs and into Serenity’s nursery.

We changed her and put her to bed. I decided I wanted to sing to her…

Oh, Florida please be still tonight
Don't disturb this love of mine
Like how she’s so serene
You've gotta help me out

And count the stars to form the lines
And find the words we'll sing in time
I wanna keep her dreaming
It's my one wish
I won't forget this

I'm outdated
Overrated
Morning seems so far away


I paused, wanting to see if Brian wished to sing, “I don’t know it.” He simply whispered.

So I'll sing
A melody
And hope to God she's listening
Sleeping softly while I sing
And I'll be your memories
Your lullaby for all the times
Hoping that my voice can get it right

If luck is on my side tonight
My clumsy tongue will make it right
And wrists could touch
It isn't much
But it's enough

To form imaginary lines
Forget your scars
We'll forget mine
The hours change so fast
Oh God, please make this last


I stared at our now sleeping daughter. She was so angelic and beautiful…

Cause I'm outdated
Overrated
Morning seems so far away

So I'll sing
A melody
And hope to God she's listening
Sleeping softly while I sing
And I'll be your memories
Your Lullaby for all the times
Hoping that my voice can get it right
Could get it right


Brian wrapped his arms around my waist, kissing my cheek lightly.

You could crush me
But please don't crush me
’Cause baby, I'm a dreamer for sure
And I won't let you down
I swear this time I mean it

So I'll sing
A melody
And hope to God she's listening
Sleeping softly while I sing
And I'll be your memories
Your Lullaby for all the times
Hoping that my voice can get it right


“Goodnight Serenity…sweet dreams.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Song credit: I Swear This Time I Mean It - Mayday Parade

I am in loveeeee with that band <333

Thanks for all the comments everyone. See? I promised an update a day. Two days left sadly. Ooops, i wasn't supposed to count down. Sorry!

I love you all, please comment and leave me some lovin' ;D