Love Spells Magic

Conversations

The feeling of the cool blanket began to relax me as I lied my face down in my pillow. The minute I came back into the tour bus, I had stripped all my clothes and down into my snug Eeyore bottoms and a light blue cami.

My head was rushing with so many thoughts that I couldn’t even think straight. Words and phrases were being jumbled together making them even undecipherable to even me. So many things were going through my head and I couldn’t make it stop.

Opening my eyes for a brief moment, they landed on the portable TV player that was hooked up to all the bunks on the tour bus. I pulled it down and turned it on while flipping through all the channels and finally landing on America’s Next Top Model. Normally, I ended up watching Disney Channel but there was no way I was going to risk seeing Nick’s face pop up on the television. The whole point of watching TV was to distract myself from thinking about him.

I sighed and closed my eyes. My mind was somewhat clearer than before, thank goodness. I let all my thoughts go completely blank before settling in on the dilemma. Problem? Nick and I were fighting. Again. Solution? Absolutely no idea.

It just bugged me how protective Nick was. When I was younger, I would read books where the boyfriend would always be there for the girlfriend and would do anything to protect her. Nick was that and more. But he also had the jealousy side that kicked in. And whenever it did, it rattled me too much.

For example, last week. Reiley and I had gotten bored one day so we ventured off to find something to do. We decided to start talking to some of the tech crew to get to know them better since they after all did run the entire show for us pretty much. One particular boy we had met was a really sweet blonde whose name was Trey.

A conversation between the three of us struck up and I was having a good time. I was startled when I felt Nick’s arm slip around my waist pulling me closer to him. I had mentioned to him afterwards about it but all he replied was with a shrug and, “Just informing him you’re taken.” I hadn’t said anything to him then. I really wanted to avoid a fight between us but what happened almost an hour ago just sparked it up again.

Turning my body over, I let out a scream into my pillow. Why did all this have to be so complicated? Whatever happened to the time when the only problems that happened in my life was that I couldn’t find my favorite doll? Life seemed to come at me so fast and I hated that I couldn’t make it stop.

A knock on my curtain disturbed me from my thoughts. I let a moment pass before reluctantly revealing myself from the warm covers and opened the curtain. I regretted it the moment I did though. Selena’s perky face appeared the second I pulled the curtain open.

“Hey!” Selena chirped. I was so not in the mood to deal with her right now. Just seeing her face irked me. A questioning look came on my face as I waited for her to continue with why she was talking to me. “Are you coming to have dinner?”

It took all my willpower not to scoff. Of all the people who could have came and talked to me, it had to be her. Even through my annoyance, I mustered up a small smile. “Maybe later. I’m not too hungry right now.”

She shrugged and began to turn around to leave. Stopping in midst of her tracks, Selena slowly returned to her previous position and set her arms on the edge of my bed with acurious concerned look in her eyes. “Are you alright? You seem kind of down.”

Without letting my gaze on her falter, I replied with slight bitterness in my voice. “I’m fine, Selena. But thanks for asking.”

Selena tilted her head slightly to one side. “Are you sure? I’m here if you want to talk, you know.” Her eyes widened after finishing her proposition. “Did something happen between you and Nick?”

Could this day get any better? All I wanted to was being left alone and apparently everybody but Selena seemed to get the message. I had managed to successfully avoid her for the last few days but that idea crashed the minute I opened my curtain to her.

“Everything is fine.” I lied as I gritted my teeth. “I just want to be left a lone for awhile.”

Selena smiled. “Of course. Come out whenever you want to. We’re watching movies tonight.”
I nodded agreeing with her so I could get this conversation over with. Her face faded away as I closed the curtain close. That was one encounter I could have done without for the rest of my life.

I threw my arm over my precious stuffed animal making my fingers land on the cold metal of my phone. Playing with the cover of the cell phone, I finally brought it up and flipped it open. The light illuminated the dark bunk. 6 Missed Calls. 14 New Text Messages.

I groaned. Nick was not helping me. He was the last thing I wanted on my mind but he kept popping up everywhere. Searching for my new iPod I had gotten for Christmas, I turned it on and immediately pressed shuffle. The first song that came on was Sorry by Jonas Brothers. I quickly hit next and let it go to Kelly Clarkson.

The music drifted me off into an uneasy sleep. In half state of awareness, I shut off my iPod and snuggled under my covers to let all my problems escape me.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My eyes slowly opened as it adjusted to the darkness. I didn’t move as I wondered what time it was. Turning to the other side, I hit the side button on my phone to see what time it was. 3:17am. I groaned. Why did I have to wake up in the middle of the night?

My mind wandered off into more important subjects as I lied down in my bed. As much as I wanted to avoid the issue, I really couldn’t.

Unfortunately, I could see where Nick was coming from. He was a boy, his girlfriend had friends who were boys, and he just didn’t like the idea of the sound. But he had to get over that. I was friends with tons of people and just because Nick didn’t like somebody or felt intimidated by him, didn’t mean that I had to lose a friendship over it.

What bugged me was that he was the one that was doing it. I always thought that the girls were the one’s who were the jealous type. Not once had I questioned him about him being friends with other girls. Of course there was Selena, but she was different. There was a difference between an ex girlfriend and just a girl friend.

But I knew I had gone slightly over board with yelling at him last night, especially in front of his family and friends. That was uncalled for. But the things he had said just set off this huge rant that I had not expected to come out of me. Damn, it was one thing I had to apologize for.

Nick had more than plenty of things to apologize for. I may be exaggerating slightly on that, but he did have a few issues here and there. It was the whole issue of trust. I trusted Nick but every time something like this came up I sometimes had the feeling Nick didn’t feel the same way.

I groaned and swung my legs over the partially opened curtain. Without even bothering to put on more clothing, I hopped out of my bunk. I tip toed through the dark tour bus trying not to wake anybody up. Thankfully someone had left a small lamp on helping me find my way around.

We were still stationed at the arena from yesterday since the weather was predicted to be pretty bad throughout the night. Even though it was mid February the weather outside was pretty nice considering we were in Florida. The air felt damp and moist as the after effects of the rain was settling in.

My bare feet squished against the wet grass as I walked away from the tour buses. I crossed my arms rubbing my hands up and down my arms trying to keep myself occupied. I ran my fingers through my hair trying to untangle the knots as I hesitantly sat down on the ground. I pulled my knees up to my chest and set my chin on them as I rested my arms around my knees. The wind played with my hair as I sat enjoying the peaceful sense in the atmosphere around me.

“Hey.”

My stomach jumped at the sound of another voice besides the one in my head. I didn’t even bother turning around. I knew the owner of the voice.

“Hi.” I said softly still staring straight ahead at whatever lied in front of me.

The crunching of dead leaves filled the silence as I heard him step gently forward and invite himself to sit next to me. Nothing spoken between us as neither one of us attempted to strike up a much needed conversation.

After a mental fight between my heart and my mind, I turned my head to the right side of me letting my hair flow down and setting the side of my face on my knees. Nick’s gaze reached mine leading us to stare at each other before I opened my mouth.

“I’m sorry.” I whispered.

Nick’s eyes turned from sadness to confusion after my statement. “What are you sorry for?” He asked.

“I shouldn’t have yelled at you in front of your friends and family. It’s the second time it’s happened and I know you hate it when your problems are out there for everybody to see.”

Nick shifted his body and moved closer to mine as I lifted my head from its previous position. He slowly, almost as if seeing I would pull away at first, brought up his left hand and stroked my cheek. Leaning down, he placed a small kiss on my forehead with a slight smile on his face.

“Why do always do this?” Nick asked. I couldn’t break my eyes away for him even though he didn’t wait for an answer. “You’re such an unselfish person and the minute something is someone else’s fault you think it’s yours. There are faults in people, you know. It’s part of who we are.”

Nick’s eyes lingered on mine as I cast my eyes towards the ground. He cupped my face with both hands and pulled me back into the direction of him. My eyes wandered all around his face before meeting his gaze again.

“Don’t feel like you have to apologize for anything. This was entirely my fault. I’m sorry that I didn’t trust you when there is no reason that I shouldn’t. I didn’t mean for it to seem that I was controlling your life or anything that happens in it.

“I can’t promise that I’m never going to get jealous again but I will promise that I will trust you and not jealousy get in between us.” Nick searched my face waiting for a response. “I’m really, truly sorry. Please forgive me?”

I let a second past by just to torture him, it was the least I could do, before leaning up and pressing my lips against his. He kissed back almost immediately and relaxed under the contact. I pulled back smiling and set my forehead against his.

No matter how frustrated, annoyed, and mad I got at Nick there was no way that I couldn’t go for the rest of my life without thinking or speaking to him. It just wasn’t a possibility in my life at all. He did that things that would annoy me to no end and there were also problems like this that made me want to pull my hair out.

Deep down in my heart I knew one thing. I needed a boy who loved me and cared about me. And Nicholas Jerry Jonas was the only boy who I could trust myself to do so. Even after a long day at work, he would still call me every night and ask how my day was and if there was anything he could possibly do.

The obstacles that we would face would eventually be forgotten and climbed over. Because if Nick was with me through it all, that was all that mattered.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sadly this will the be the last chapter of my Spring Break Update Frenzy. I'm so jealous of all the girls who will be on spring break this week. So not fair. =[

Let's see after some pestering from Miana, Jenny, and Michaela..I hope you like this chapter which I have stayed up late to write for you. =]

Happy Easter!

Leave comments!
Seem to becoming slightly less...

Love,
Kodhai <3