Love Spells Magic

Almost A Fairy Tale

Image

The sounds of loud chatter brought me out of my jumbled thoughts as I sat in an isolated corner of the dressing room with my iPod blasting music through my ears. My homework that had been sent to me through email this morning was spread out on my lap begging for me complete them.

School was a nuisance on tour. My parents and I had worked out a program with my school teachers where they would send my homework and lessons through the internet. At first, I thought it would be a lot easier and it sounded fairly simple. But the amount of homework I got for being in honors classes did not help with my bizarre schedule I had.

My chemistry papers were lying on my lap as I tried to figure out the Greek that was written on it. I needed a distraction to get me away from this hell. Chemistry had never been my strong point and I suddenly felt the urge to throw the papers across the rooms and throw a tantrum.

Irritated with myself, I got up letting the papers fly down onto the floor. I jerked my headphones out of my ear and hastily wrapped it around the hot pink iPod. I wasn’t in one of the most sociable moods today after have going to bed at around almost midnight last night after a weary day.

I was tempted to throw a fit at the moment and let the world know how miserable I was right now. Hugging my arms around body to keep myself warm with only a cami covering my top with my unchanged pajama shorts since morning, I brushed past Sabrina and Emily talking and stepped out into the cool backstage hallway.

I walked absentmindedly through the hallways not caring where I was headed. My hair was up in a pony tail which did not leave any warmth on my bare back. Moving my hands up and down my arms, I attempted to become warmer.

The only conversation I had was an occasional ‘hi’ to the tech crew or some of the back up dancers who were wandering the halls. I was slowly starting to calm down even though the annoyance with school was still etched in my head.

School had always been one of the top priorities in my life. It was just something I was taught growing up. But as I grew older I realized school, especially high school, didn’t always cut out to be what it was supposed to be like. Sure I had the friends and the whole party life while I was in school, but the stress of the academic parts was never a plus.

As I kept walking, I saw a few feet in front of me some isolated medium sized boxes that were sitting in a corner. Shuffling my feet, I made my way over to them and cautiously sat down just incase it was a fragile box. After reassuring myself it was a sturdy box, I relaxed and watched everything that was happening.

A few minutes passed as I enjoyed myself in the peace that was surrounding me. I was beginning to get bored but I had no intention from moving the position I was currently in. I heard loud chatter coming from behind me but I didn’t bother looking back to see who it was.

A squeal escaped from my mouth as a pair of arms wrapped around my waist and lifted me off the box. Looking down I saw the familiar bracelet that I had given the mysterious person when I was bored one day on the tour bus. I felt myself being twirled around twice before being set down.

After regaining myself from the dizziness I found myself looking into Nick’s mischievous eyes. I narrowed my eyes and stood on my toes to fully face him.

“You have got to stop doing that.” I scolded. “One day you’re going to pick me up and I won’t be able to stand up straight from all the spinning.”

Nick chuckled before leaning down barely skimming his lips on mine. “That’s alright because I’d be there to catch you.”

I didn’t even have time to respond to his statement as he lightly pecked my lips only leaving me to crave for more of his touch. He pulled back and intertwined our hands together and gave me a small smile.

A cough next to us broke apart the moment. Nick’s smile turned into a frown as he turned his head and shot a look to his older brothers. I copied his movements, minus the frown and look.

“If you two don’t mind, we do kind of have a sound check to get to.” Kevin reminded as he tapped his watch.

Nick rolled his eyes. “Sound check won’t start without us, Kevin.”

“Do you not remember the concert from a couple weeks ago?” Joe asked with a smirk as his eyes darted back and forth between mine and Nick. “Oh you don’t? Let me kindly remind you.” His little upcoming speech had gotten the attention of their backup band that had just joined us from their dressing room.

“If I remember correctly, I was actually on time for once for the sound check. But when I get there Dad is all ticked off because someone isn’t there yet.” Joe said mockingly at Nick. “So we all call and text your phone. But no answer. Fifteen minutes later you arrive after what I’m guessing was an intense-”

I cut him off with a sweet smile. “Okay Joseph, I think you’ve said enough.” I pulled on Nick’s arm sleeve and headed towards the stage. Turning around I maturely stuck out my tongue at him which was returned by a playful laugh.

Sound check passed by without any major problems for the boys. Right after theirs was done, Selena’s sound check was scheduled I was hurried off to do that. Unfortunately for us, Selena’s mikes weren’t working properly which led to us having to run sound check for about an hour.

We made our way back to our dressing room before having to go out on stage in a couple hours for the actual show. All of us dancers were talking loudly and having fun before the show. It had become normal for us to just hang out as a group before we ever appeared on stage.

Clothes were being thrown around as everyone tried to find their outfits. Mirrors were being hogged to put on the ridiculous amount of makeup needed to be out on stage with the bright lights shining in your eyes.

The two hours passed and we quickly got a call from Selena’s mom to head out to our assigned places for the concert. Selena was to head under the stage and appear from underneath while us dancers were off to the side of the stage.

The girls began filing out and walking towards their respectable positions. I began to follow when I realized my phone was still on me and hurried back to the dressing room to place it in my bag.

I was startled to find Selena being the lone person still in the room putting on last minute makeup touches on her face. I stood there awkwardly wondering what to do before deciding to just put the phone in my bag and leave.

Selena turned to me without an expression once she realized I was in the room but quickly looked back to her mirror as she applied lip gloss. I opened up my back and dropped the phone inside and snapped it shut.

The silence in the room was deafening and all I wanted to do was leave. I tried to walk the fastest I could out of the room so I wouldn’t have to be put through the torture and awkwardness of the situation. With one foot outside the door, I jumped at the sound of Selena’s voice behind me.

“Hey, um, Cady?” Selena asked almost hesitantly. Well this was knew, I couldn’t remember when Selena was afraid to talk to me.

“Yes?” I asked. I wasn’t sure where this was heading. As far as I could remember, I didn’t really have normal conversations with her unless it was when she was incredibly getting on my nerves.

“I know that we have to be out on stage like now, but I wanted to tell you something.” Selena quickly stated.

I scrunched my eyebrows in confusion. “Okay.”

Selena sighed and brought her hands up to the bottom of locks of her hair as she nervously twisted them around her fingers. “It’s just…alright.” She took a slight breath before speaking.

“I know that you know that Nick and I were dating before he began seeing you. And I know we never knew each other before the tour, but I knew I would have had the title of the ex girlfriend. When you came here on tour with us, I couldn’t believe that you of all people had made my back up dancers.

“I kept telling myself I would be okay with seeing my ex boyfriend around with his girlfriend. As much as I tried to tell myself that, it wouldn’t happen. I kept becoming jealous of you and it sparked so many things I thought I would never ever do. I turned into that horrible, jealous ex girlfriend who was trying to win her boyfriend back.

“And I just wanted to say I’m sorry. When I kissed him on stage a few weeks ago, it was a spur of the moment thing. I guess I did it for closure to see if I did have any feelings for him at all. But when I saw him with you, and how happy you made him, I realized that nothing could ever change.

“So I’m asking you, will you please accept my apology?” Selena asked almost desperately. I stood there staring at her for almost a minute straight before opening my mouth.

“I accept.” I said softly. The next words that came out of my mouth, I couldn’t even remember processing them before I said it. “If you want, do you want to try becoming friends? It may take some time, but I really think we could be great friends.”

A smile appeared on Selena’s face as it broke out in a grin. “I would love that.” She looked almost revealed that some aspects of whatever relationship between us, enemies or friends, had been mended. “Ready to get out there?” I nodded and began to follow with a small smile.

As she brushed past me, I stood there shocked for a slight second at what had just happened before following her footsteps again. Of all the things I had expected to happen today, this was not one of them. But I couldn’t say I was complaining. I was kind of glad to have gotten the whole ‘ex girlfriend’ problem out of our relationship. At least I knew on my part it would be.

Before I had met Selena I had always thought of her as the sweet innocent girl that she was portrayed to be in interviews and TV. And after I had this conversation with her, I could see some of it was partially true.

She was just another teenage girl except for the fact she was living her dream. Even though she was a celebrity, she still had feelings, and emotions and all the other qualities of a human being.

As I made my way to my position on the left side of the stage, I felt at ease. As for as I was concerned, no problems lurked in my love life at the moment. Everything seemed to be falling in place. Almost as if my own fairy tale was coming true.
♠ ♠ ♠
I am like so sorry that I didn't update last week. My life has been so crazy and school is stressing me out. I cannot wait till summer is here.

So...chapter? Like? Yes? No? Do tell. =]

I have one favor for y'all. My friend Emmaaaa has a story I would love for you to read! She's just started it...I believe she has one chapter out as of now...but it's going to be great. Click here to read! =]

Leave comments!
Love,
Kodhai <3

P.S. 3 Chapters left.