Claud Faust

I hate my father but I loved him

Claud, Anna and Kennedy were called to Mr. Cardigan’s office. They were asked for questions they cannot answer directly.

Mr. Cardigan: ok let’s do this again. What was that noise that we heard back at the hallway?
Anna: You see Mr. Cardigan. . .
Mr. Cardigan: I am not talking to you Ms. Willheart so it’s better if you shut it before you suffer the consequences.

Anna pouted.

Mr. Cardigan: Mr. Faust I see you’re starting to have friends but I wonder how?
Kennedy: It was Jason Dean and his gang sir; they were the one who started the fight.
Mr. Cardigan: The principal’s grandson? Is that so Mr. Crawford, but do you have evidence against
them?
Do you have witnesses?
Kennedy: well. . . .
Mr. Cardigan: Look, if you won’t tell me the whole story then I cannot help you here.
I think I’ll just have to suspend you three for picking up a fight.
Anna: Sir no! Wait, can’t we have chances for this. Please just give us a chance.

Mr. Cardigan looked at Anna and thought for a minute.

Mr. Cardigan: since you’re new here Ms. Willheart I think I will consider chances.

Mr. Cardigan: instead of suspension I will let you three clean the boy’s bathroom for the whole two
weeks every afternoon after class. Is that ok?

Anna and the other’s have no choice but to agree. Mr. Cardigan was the principal’s pet and will do anything to get promoted that’s why he cannot call JD of any bad problems in school.

The next day,
Claud was the same as ever. He was still cold and quiet. Anna was sitting next to him getting all pissed about the whole silence.

Anna: Don’t give me that selfish attitude Claud. You were the one who dragged us into this.

Claud didn’t answer.

The bell rang signifying the end of the afternoon class.

Claud: would you mind?
Anna: So now he talks!
The great hero named Claud Faust!

All their other classmates looked at them while walking towards the exit.

Claud: what are you doing?
Its time for us to clean the bathroom.
Anna: I know and that’s what pisses me off! I cannot believe this! I have a bad record because of you!
Claud: now you know that it’s not always good to bug on people.
Anna: why you!

Anna stepped her right foot on Claud’s chair and Claud looked at Anna’s legs while blushing heavily.

Anna: What are you looking at you sick pervert!

At the boys bathroom,
The three of them were so silent while cleaning. With Anna still mad about the whole thing, Kennedy still all pale looking sad and Claud with a red mark on his face from being slapped by Anna earlier.

“I’m sorry I dragged you guys into this” Kennedy said faintly.

Anna: It’s ok Kennedy. It’s not your fault.
Claud: Of course it is!
Anna: could you please not talk!?
Anna: didn’t your father tell you how to treat people nicely?

Claud looked down and said:

“I don’t have a father anymore. I sure hope he was here and scold me for what I have done”

Anna’s mood suddenly changed. She looked at Claud and said.

“I’m sorry I didn’t know”

Claud smirk and turned around. He doesn’t want to be seen with tears.
Anna: It must have been hard for you.
Claud: nah its not. He was not a good father to me anyway.
Anna: don’t say that.
Claud: No, no it’s true but even though I hate my father deep inside I see myself looking for him.
I hate my father but I loved him.

Anna looked at Claud with sadness.
She couldn’t believe what’s under Claud’s mask. This was the first time Anna saw him with sympathy. The first time Anna saw him in pain. The first time Anna saw him care and the first time someone listened and understands.

Kennedy walked behind Claud’s back

Claud turned around with tears on his face. His dull expression change and his face were full of guilt and sadness. He looked at Kennedy and said:

“What are you looking at four eyes?”

Anna moved closer to Claud, She knew Claud’s pain and understands what he felt.

Anna embraced Claud gently but tightly.

And for the first time a monster felt love.