‹ Prequel: All About You
Sequel: Stay With Me

The Heart Never Lies

Epilogue

Danny,

Please don’t be upset with me. You have no idea how hard it is for me to leave without properly saying ‘goodbye’ to you and the others, but I need to do this for me… and for the little thing growing inside me. Yes, that’s right. I’m pregnant. I found out this morning while you were out. I figured something was up when I woke up puking and… well, you know the other stuff. I know I should have told you immediately, but I was scared. I’m still scared, but I have faith that I’ll be okay.

I’m choosing to go home for a bit because my mom has a great doctor that will help me through this and make sure me and the baby are okay. Plus, I really need to straighten things out with my parents since they are still unhappy about me going against what I was told.

I wish you could come with me now, but I know McFly needs you more. But I will be expecting some visits from you. Just because I’m gone doesn’t mean we’re over. No way. Your hugs and kisses make me feel too good for me to just leave you. And I don’t think it’s right that you take care of me so well and love me and then I just break up with you. No. I’m still your girlfriend. I’m just going on… a holiday, you can say. I promise you that I’ll give you updates everyday and I’ll even send you photos. I know you’ll like that.

Again, I’m so sorry to leave like this. I shouldn’t have handled this behind your back, but I knew we’d argue over it and I didn’t want that. It makes me sad when we fight. I guess when we see each other, we’ll run into an argument anyway, huh? It’s kinda unavoidable… Enough rambling… I’m even nervous in letters to you. It’s what you do to me…

So, the day after we… well, you know…you told me you loved me, but I couldn’t say it back because I knew that I wouldn’t truly mean it then. Now I think I can say it back to you… I love you, too, Danny. I now have something we made together out of love growing inside me and it’s helped me realize how much I love you back. We get to be parents! Yes, I still believe we shouldn’t have slept together, but God has blessed me and you with a baby and I’m excited to take care of it. I’m happy and scared, but I’m so glad that you’re the daddy and not someone else. It’s our child, made from our love. Remind me to thank you when we see each other again.

Like I said before, I’m sorry that I left and I promise I won’t finish off a day without telling or showing you what happens each day. You are my baby’s daddy. You deserve to know what’s going on.

I love you so much, Danny. Really, I do. Don’t forget that. I send you all my love in this letter.
Till I see your smile again,

Sydney


I stared at Sydney’s letter in disbelief. Not only was she gone, but I got her pregnant. I couldn’t fathom it no matter how many times I read her note.

“Hey, Dan? Where’s Sydney? We can’t find her anywhere,” Dougie asked me, poking his head in my room.

“She’s gone home for a bit…” My eyes fell on him, “Dougie… She’s pregnant.”

“What?!” he exclaimed. “I thought she wasn’t really against that whole sex before marriage stuff!”

I stared at the letter again, “She is… It just happened. We weren’t really thinking… and she never told me to quit… so now she’s pregnant… and headed home…”

“Wow… How come I’m finding out about this now?”

“You never asked,” I shrugged.

My eyes rested on three words that made me wonder if they were true. I nearly slapped myself, realizing that she wouldn’t have said them if she didn’t mean it. I knew Sydney wasn’t going to lie about something like that.

Dougie came over to me and pat my shoulder. “She’ll come back. Sydney’s not going to just ditch you, or us, forever. Plus, she likes England too much.”

“She could have told me she wanted to go back home though,” I mumbled, starting to feel really depressed.

“You wouldn’t have let her go if she’s gonna have a baby. You’d be completely against sending her to America on a plane over the sea,” Dougie pointed out knowingly.

I sighed and folded up the letter, putting it in my back pocket. “I guess you’re right…”

Suddenly, my phone vibrated and I hurriedly pulled it out of my pocket. I had picture mail and a text.

A photo of Sydney in her plane seat showed up on my phone’s screen, a tiny smile on her face and her hands formed a heart over her chest.

I read the text and smiled, feeling a little better.

I’m sorry to go while you were sleeping. =( I miss you so much already. And I love you. =)

Maybe things would end up okay.
♠ ♠ ♠
I was going to wait until tomorrow to post this, but who knows if I'll get much done tomorrow. I hope you enjoyed and I also hope the letter she sent him makes a bit more sense. :) Please comment and let me know what you think!