Status: Active.

Dear Gravity You've Held Me Down

Running Is Something That We've Always Done

I heard the door open before I felt his long arms wrap around my waist, he pulled my curled frame into him cooing softly. “Meghan, are you alright?” He rocked me back and forth trying to stop the tears and my body’s convulsing movements. Unable to speak I shook my head ‘no’ as I buried myself into his chest. “What’s wrong is it what happened at the store?” He pressed lightly, one of his hands running up and down my back in a comforting manner.

“No, not that,” I managed to squeak out.

He held me out a distance from his chest and cupped my face softly staring at me questioningly. “Then what is it?”

“It’s Jenn... I think she believes that I don’t want to be with her, but when I said girls’ night in I did mean it, but I guess she didn’t believe me. She just left and oh my God I don’t know what she’s going to do,” I lost it and wailed the ending burying back into his chest.

“Hey, hey calm down. Maybe she had plans tonight that she didn’t tell you of to not hurt your feelings,” William said softly trying to be optimistic. I sniffed a few times trying to keep my runny nose at bay. “Come on you are just over working yourself; take a deep breath, I’ll make you some tea and grab an Advil or something, alight?” He asked softly.

I pulled away and nodded slowly, he kissed my forehead before letting me go and standing up. He soon came back with a cup of tea and a bottle of Advil just like he promised and as I took the first sip to swallow the pill I already felt relief. He stretched out on the couch and pulled me down on top of him my head resting on his chest as we watched mindless cartoons like Family Guy and Robot Chicken. It wasn’t long before my eyes got heavy...

♦•♦•♦•♦•♦

I felt my body floating supported by two skinny bars, and freaked out my eyes opening and arms wrapping around William’s neck as I screamed slightly. “Calm down I’m just putting you to bed,” He chuckled softly.

I breathed in deeply before nodding, “Put me down?” I whimpered my voice cracking. He nodded and set me down I closed my eyes and placed a hand over my heart. “Thank you,”

“I’m sorry I didn’t mean to freak you out, on the couch you were out cold,” He mumbled. I smiled up at him and kissed his cheek.

“Thanks, I just woke up in midair it’s rather freaky,” I giggled. He smiled and nodded pressing his warm lips to my own briefly. I sighed into his lips happy, until I remembered why he was here anyways. I pulled away and looked at him “Did Jenn come home yet?” I asked worried.

“No, sorry,”

“Shit... what time is it?” I asked again, maybe it wasn’t as late as it felt.

He cringed before answering honestly “It’s about 3...”

“We have to go find Jenn,” I almost shouted, walking towards the front door.

“Why don’t we call the cops or Patrick? You’re exhausted you’re in no shape...”

“We are so not calling Rick, she’ll kill me after he kills her if we do,” I growled “Let’s go,” I ordered jumping into my Vans and a warm hoodie.

“Can we at least drive?” He asked following my actions and taking my hand as we walked out the front door.

“Yeah...” I breathed. “I think I know where she might have gone... we can only hope she’s in the vicinity still,” I said as we waited for the elevator.

“Where?” William asked clueless.

“Lucky’s Bar,”

○•○•○•○•○•○

“That’s her car!” I shouted as I spotted her car parked outside of a closed Lucky’s. William quickly pulled in front of her car and before he was even properly parked I jumped out of the car flying down the street.

“Meghan!” He shouted after me. But I didn’t care; one time she had walked up the street rounded the corner and slumped against the old bank’s fancy doors, because the wind couldn’t hit her there. I was hoping she had done the same this time.

I rounded the corner and stopped relieved to see her sleeping in the corner between the door and wall. I heard William’s footsteps running towards me, he rounded the bend and nearly ran into me, his arms caught me as he steadied himself. “Can you pick her up, and drive her home? I’ll drive her car,” I whispered my eyes not leaving her frame slumped with raccoon eyes. He nodded and let me go as I walked towards her, grabbing her purse and digging out her car keys.

“Hey,” He said catching me before I could walk away, “This isn’t your fault,” He reminded me. I nodded slowly. He sighed and kissed my lips again “Don’t worry I won’t tell anyone about this either,” I smiled gratefully and waited till he had her slung over his shoulder and we walked towards the cars.

‘Oh Jenn...’
♠ ♠ ♠
Hoped You Liked It
Leave Some Love
♥
specially for the Bday girly Jenn... but you didn't hear it from me!