Status: Active.

Dear Gravity You've Held Me Down

New Year's Eve.

I stare at my wall as I notice the sun shining through my blinds. I cover my face with my blanket and I groan. I could hear Meghan running around in the kitchen doing who knows what, but I had a feeling she was going to come in at any minute.

“JEEEN!!” Megz shrieks as she opens my bedroom door.

“I’m sleeping,” I mumble.

“Just pretend that you’re talking to me in your dream.”

“Kay... why are you up so early?”

“Last night I was just laying in my bed waiting for sleep to come to me, and then it dawned on me-“

“What did?”

“That today was going to be December thirty-first! And do you know what that means?”

“That it’s December thirty-first?”

“YES!”

I sit up and yawn as I rub my eyes. I blink a couple of times and then stare at Megz who looks at me with a torn face expression.”

“What’s wrong?”

“It means that tonight it’s New year’s eve!”

“Yeah I get that, but what’s the big deal?”

She groans and then places her hands on my shoulders.

“Every year Pete hosts the new year’s eve party!” she shrieks as she shakes me back and forth.

“OH! Well just ignore him.” I tell her as I take her hands off of me.

“But-But he wants to talk about us, and I don’t feel like talking to him, and I really want to go to the party,” she frowns.

“Fine, I’ll talk to him, so don’t worry.”

“Thank you! You’re the best!”

“I know,” I giggle as Megz gives me a big hug.

“Now I’m going to go back to sleep,” she tells me and walks out of my room making sure to close my door.

I lie back down on my bed and sigh as I stare at my ceiling. I was already up so I knew I wasn’t going to be able to go back to sleep. I sit up and stretch out my arms as I begin to yawn. I get out of bed and head to my dresser; I take some clothes and then head to the bathroom for a shower.

After I change, I grab my phone from my night dresser and dial Pete’s number hoping he was awake.

“Hello?” Pete answers on the fourth ring sounding very tired.

“Pete, it’s Jenn.”

“Hey, what happened? Is there something wrong?”

“No, well there is something I need you to do for me.”

“Sure anything.”

“Can you not bother Meghan tonight?”

“So this means she’s coming to the party?”

“She wants to come, but she feels like she won’t be able to have fun if you keep pestering her about your relationship, so I think it would be better if you guys just didn’t bother each other tonight.”

“Under one condition.”

“What is it?”

“Tell Meghan that we have to have a serious conversation, no shouting, no yelling, just a conversation to clarify everything.”

“Sounds good, I’ll let her know, thanks Pete.”

“Sure, see you tonight, bye.”

As soon as I hang up my phone begins to ring.

“Brendon!”

“Jenn!”

“What’s up?” I ask laughing a bit.

“I have a very important question to ask you.”

“What is it?”

“Will you be my New Year’s eve date tonight for Pete’s party?”

“At what time will you be picking me up?”

“I’m taking that as a yes, and I will be there at nine.”

“Great see you tonight.” I say and hang up feeling utterly happy.

* * *

“What about this one?” I ask Megz walking into her room wearing a red knee length dress.

“Are you a sixteen year old girl going to homecoming?” She asks

“That’s a no,” I groan starting to feel frustrated.

“You should wear that dress you bought on black Friday; I don’t think you’ve ever worn it.”

“I should… If I can find it…”

Megz giggles and begins to browse through her closet trying to figure out what to wear as well.

I walk to my room and stand in front of my closet trying to remember where I had placed that dress. I look all the way in the back and notice a covered dress in a Nordstroms bag; I take it out and remove the bag.

“Perfect,” I whisper staring at the strapless black dress.

“Please let it fit me,” I mumble to myself as I step into it and zip it from the side.

I look at myself in the mirror and I can’t help but to smile, this dress was perfect.

“Wow, you look super hot!” Meghan exclaims as she walks in wearing an amazing flower print mini dress.

“You too!” I exclaim back.

“We’re totally going to be head turners tonight,” Megz says with a big smile.

“Definitely,” I agree as I step into my black wedges.

“Tonight is going to be so much fun, a new year, a new beginning.”

A few minutes later there’s a knock on the door.

“If it’s Brendon tell him I’m almost done!” I shout to Meghan as I pick up my red lipstick.

“Hey Brendon, Jenn is almost done getting ready,” I could hear Meghan

“You look really nice.”

“Thanks, you don’t look too bad yourself.”

I grab my red clutch bag and head out to the living room.

“I’m ready,” I say causing Brendon to turn to look at me.

His mouth opens as he stares at me; I could feel my cheeks going red.

“You look -” I could tell he was lost for words.

“Stunning,” he says staring into my eyes.

“Thanks,” I reply as I bite my lip, I didn’t want to look like a hormonal teenager.

“Great, now I feel like the third wheel.” Meghan mumbles as she notices the staring contest Brendon and I were having.

“Nonsense, we’re all friends here,” Brendon says as he links his arm with both Meghan and I.

Twenty minutes later we arrive at Angels and Kings - Of course it was just typical of Pete to throw all his parties there.

“I’m going to go get something to drink!” Megz shouts and then winks at me before leaving Brendon and I alone together.

“You wanna go dance?” Brendon asks with a big smile.

“Sure!”

He grabs my hand and leads me to the dance floor and we begin to dance.

“I’m going to go get some water, I’m dying with thirst!” I shout to Brendon after two hours of dancing.

I walk towards the bar and get some water and I try to see where Meghan was at, I hadn’t seen her since we had gotten here, and I felt kind of bad for it.

“It’s so hot in here!” Brendon shouts walking towards me.

“Drink some water; you’ll feel a lot better.” I tell him and then I notice Meghan on the other side of the dance floor, and then I notice the person she’s talking to.

“Is it just me, or does it look like Meghan is talking to William?” I ask Brendon as I point to them.

Brendon squints his eyes and then nods.

“That is totally Megz and Bill.”

“I’ll be back,” I tell Brendon and then make my way towards Megz.

As soon William notices he whispers something to Megz and then walks away.

“Is everything okay?” I ask Meghan.

“Yeah we were just talking… it looks like you and Brendon are having a lot of fun out there.” She says trying to change up the subject.

“Yeah we are having a lot of fun, you should come dance with us.”

“It’s okay, actually I was going to let you know that Patrick is taking me home tonight so don’t worry about me.”

“Oh… okay.” I say looking at her curiously.

She smiles and then walks away.

I walk back to Brendon who looks at his watch.

“Five more minutes!”

“Wow, that soon?”

“Time flies when we’re having fun.” He grins

“What’s your New Year’s resolution?” I ask Brendon curiously.

“Do a headlining tour, yours?”

“Finish my degree, and go on vacation.”

“That sounds amazing.”

“Okay people I’m going to need your help for the countdown!” the DJ shouts and everybody begins to cheer.

“Twelve! Eleven! Ten! Nine! Eight! Seven! Six! Five! Four! Three! Two! ONE!” Brendon and I shout and then his lips crush into mine

I kiss him back and wrap my around his head as he hold me by the waist.

I pull away and stare at him.

“What about Audrey?” I ask him

“Audrey who?” he replies back and I can’t help to smile.

“What is that supposed to mean?”

“There is no more Audrey and Me.”

Did this mean they had broken up?

He places his lips on mine once more and kisses me softly making the butterflies in my stomach to start flapping their wings.

“Let’s get out of here,” I whisper in his ear.

He grins and takes my hand leading me out of the bar towards his car, and we head back to my place.

My heart was beating so fast with excitement as I shove Brendon to my bed and unzip my dress allowing it to fall to my feet; he stares at me and I had a feeling he also couldn’t believe this was happening.

I pull Brendon up by his shirt and take it off as he begins to unhook my bra.

Brendon pulls me towards him on the bed and hovers on top of me as he begins to leave a trail of kisses from my neck to my navel.

* * *

I open my eyes as sun shine begins to fill my room, I sit up and then I notice a small piece of paper on my night stand. I open it up and smile as I read what is says.

Can’t wait to see what the New Year has in store for us.
-Bden.


I shriek from happiness as I lie back down on my bed. Last night had actually happened. I couldn’t believe this, I was beyond ecstatic.

I get out of bed and put on a tank and some short before heading to Meghan’s room, but then I notice she isn’t there.

“Megz?” I call out, but there is no response.

“She’s probably with Patrick.” I whisper to myself, and then I hear a small beep.

I look around and notice Brendon’s sidekick on the kitchen table.

I pick it up and notice a missed call from Audrey, and then it beeps again saying Audrey had sent a new message.

I open up the message with curiosity and then I notice the history and I could feel my heart breaking.

Hey babe, don’t forget my plane gets in at noon on the first of Jan. Love you.
Don’t worry Aud, I’ll be there to pick you up. Love you and can’t wait to see you.
Bren, where are you? Why aren’t you answering your phone?


He had lied to me.

There was an Audrey and him, just not me and Brendon.

I throw his sidekick to the wall and scream out in anger.

How could he do this to me! Why would he do this to me!

I punch the wall and kick my door and begin to throw everything on the floor.

I didn’t deserve to be betrayed like this.
♠ ♠ ♠
AHHH! Such a long time but here it is.
Hope you guys enjoyed it.

Black Dress.