I Will Never End Up Like Him

5

(THE NEXT DAY AT SCHOOL)
"Hey." I heard Cole whisper for about the 18th time in English class. I just acted like I didn't hear him. A note flew forward and hit me on the head...I didn't feel it. :D This is annoying the crap out of me...5 minutes left..I don't think I can do it. "Hey, Amy." Cole whispered louder this time. Come on, Come one a couple more minutes. Sweet that was the bell! RUN! I jumpedup with all of my books and sped out the door. I would get occasional taps on the shoulder from Cole, but I would just walk faster. I know mature, right? Ah, lunch. The great food that the bus ran over this morning. I was walking over to Patrick in peace when someone grabbed my arm pulling me out of the lunchroom. I turned to see it was Cole.
"Let go!" I whined squriming from his grasp. He just kept pulling me somewhere. He opened the door to his car and made me get in. What the heck? He hopped in his side and started the car putting the child protection lock on my door.
"Am I being kidnapped?" I asked rudely.
"Only for the day." he smiled. I groaned. "If you want to rape me, will you at least knock me out first or something."
"You are ridiculous. Then you wouldn't get any pleasure." he laughed.
"And I'm the ridiculous one!?" I pulled at the door handle.
"Glad I put on the child protection lock." he smiled. I rolled down the window and started to slide out of it. He pulled me back in and rolled it up.
"We are going 60 miles an hour!" he yelled. "So!? You are kidnapping me!" I yelled back. I slipped my cell phone out of my pocket and dialed Patrick's number. I coughed when I heard him say hello.
"So, you are kidnapping me?" I asked again holding the phone on speaker in my pocket.
"Umm..yeah, didn't we establish that." Cole said rolling his eyes.
"Where?" I asked. "I don't really know wherever this road takes us." "Oh! Wherever Bardstown Road takes us, while heading North." I clarified.
"Ummm..yeah, what's your deal?" he asked. "Nothing, just calling for help." He looked at me weird and I pulled my phone out of my pocket.
"Patrick, Cole is kidnapping me and now he will probably get off Bardstown road, but I have no clue-" Cole grabbed my phone and turned it off. I groaned. "This is torture, you know that." I said sitting back.
"If you would have talked to me today, I wouldnt' have to do this." he said. "If you hadn't kissed me we wouldn't even be here!" I yelled.
"Maybe I like you!"
"Maybe you have a girlfriend!"
"Maybe I don't like her, but I can't just break up with her!" I rolled my eyes and with that the conversation ended. "So why are you kidnapping me?" I asked after a while of awkward silence.
"To talk things over."
"What 'things' and where are we going?" will he just tell me?
"You will see." he smirked. I pulled out my ipod and leaned back, blasting music into my ears. I closed my eyes. It was probably about 15 minutes later when we stopped and he pulled the earbuds out of my ears.
"What?" I snapped annoyed.
He just rolled his eyes and got out coming around to open my door. He unlocked it, swinging it open. I darted out the door and tried to run. "Patrick!" I screamed. Cole grabbed me.
"You are ridiculous. You have changed a lot since we last hung out." he laughed. I frowned.
"Whatever. Let me go. Where are we?" I asked impatiently glancing around to realize we are at his house. He pulls me inside and up to his room. I cross my arms and sit in his desk chair.
"Will you just tell me what we need to talk about and stop pulling me places so we can finish this?!" I yelled. He looked a little shocked.
"Why aren't we still friends?" he asked. I looked at him eyes wide in disbelief.
"What?" he asks again.
"Are you seriously that, that stupid?!" I yell.
"Why are you yelling?" he yells back.
"because. You start dating this slut ignoring me every second so I hang out, make some new friends, eventually I end my huge crush on you and make a new one! Then you come waltzing into my house and kiss my lips then say that we can be friends with benefits?! That is so messed up!!" I continue to yell.
"I am sorry, I shouldn't have, but maybe I like you." he defended.
"Maybe, I moved on, and maybe you still have a stupid little annorexic girlfriend, who happens to be perfect for you!!" I don't care if he isn't yelling, it doesn't mean I am going to stop.
"We used to be best friends. We know everything about eachother! I can even tell that you like Patrick, and you don't make it obvious. I doubt you have even told anyone so you are probably shocked right now, but seriously! I was your best friend like I said, I should be able to tell. I know you more than anyone and Patrick is completely NOT your type!!!" He says...why is he still not yelling?
"How do you even know my type, Patrick is WAY more my type than you will ever be." Yes..I am still yelling...
I heard someone knocking on the front door. Maybe it's help! Wow..stupid thought, but hey it could be. Before I could think about it anymore I darted down the stairs and to the door swinging it open to see a confused Brittany.
"Coleykins! I saw you leave school, where did you go?" she whined running past me obviously seeing him behind me. Wow she is stupid. He obviously went to his house, and you must've known where he was going considering you got here also, in record timing, might I add. I rolled my eyes and stepped out of the door running through his yard and heading back down the street where I came from, that's when it hit me..I don't have my cell phone..it's in Cole's car. Oh, no no no! I turn around and head back to his car, it's locked and no way am I getting Cole to get it for me..maybe if I just-
"AH!" I screamed jumping back as the car alarm went off. I ran faster than before in the same direction. I made it to the entrance of his neighborhood and slowed down a bit. It would be atleast and hour walk back to school and I don't even have my cell phone. I neared Bardstown road completely unaware of what time it was, considering I don't have any type of clock. I decided I would go to blockbuster. I know what you guys are thinking. What are you gonna do rent a movie? but no..I am smarter than that. See, Cole's older brother works here, and as much as I don't want to have anything to do with Cole, I know he will help me out a bit. So I ran there, my converse slapping the concrete making my feet ache a bit, my heels will probably be bruised tomorrow. I got into the parking lot and resorted to walking. I made it to the entrance and thank goodnessCameron was there. (Cole's brother). I walked over to the counter and he glanced at me then looked back down before his head shot back up.
"Amy!" he said running over and hugging me. I smiled and hugged back.
"So, ditching school? I'm surprised Cole's not with you." he laughed. I forced a small laugh.
"Well, actually, I need to borrow a phone." I explained making a face.
"I thought girls always had there cell phone on them!" he gasped.
"Only ones like Brittany." I mumbled as he handed me his cell phone. He shrugged it off, which I was glad about. I dialed Patrick's number and pressed talk...yes I have it memorized. Sue me.
"Hello?" Patrick asks obviously not recognizing the number.
"Hey" I said relieved.
"Where are you?!" he asks sounding a little freaked out.
"I am at blockbuster, I will explain just, please come get me."
"Cool, it won't be long, I am not far away at all, see ya in a second." he said hanging up. I listened until I heard the dial tone. I closed the phone and handed it back to Cameron.
"Thanks so much!" I said.
"No problem, and you should hang out more often, I haven't seen you in a while." he said giving me one more hug.
"Yeah. I'll try." I lied. I stepped out the door and waited no more than a minute before Patrick in Pete'scar pulls up. I hop in and hug him.
"Thanks oodles and gobs!" I yell giving him one of those kisses on the cheeks that 'mean nothing'. Psh..yeah right. He blushed a little before replying, "Your welcome, I couldn't just sit there and eat my lunch knowing Cole could be attacking you." I laughed a little when I heard someone clear their throat, causing me to release my grib on Patrick and jump back peering into the back seat to see none other that, Pete, Joe, and Andy. Woop-de-doo.
I was kind of sad that it wasn't just Patrick who "rescued me, but these guys were my friends, so it's all good. I didn't feel like explaining to them what happened or has been happening between me and Cole.
"Who's phone did you call off of?" Patrick asked breaking the silence.
"Cameron, Cole's brother's" I explained, "He works at blockbuster."
"So Cole took you to blockbuster, let you use his brothers phone to call me and have me pick you up to take you back to school?" Patrick said laughing a little under his breath.
"A: We are not going back to school...just go to my house, and B: Cole took me to his house which is like 15 minutes away from here and then I ran here to use his brothers phone, because mine is locked in his car. I will explain more later, but right now I really don't want to." I said as Patrick turned to go to my house.
"I am up for skipping the rest of the day, besides we barely have any left." Andy said from the back.
Everyone agreed and before you know it we were at our house, but when we pulled into the driveway there was another car there. I didn't recognize it. A silver Taurus. Okay...?
"Who is that?" Joe asked pointing to the car.
"I don't know, probably someone just using up our driveway, come on." I shrugged heading inside. I was about to close the door when someone ran up to it. A tallish looking business woman with blonde hair tucked back neatly in a bun and glasses, with a skirt, and matching jacket on. I opened the door and looked at her confused.
"Are...Are you Amy Wilson?" she asked hesitantly.
"I'm so sorry." was the first thing she said.I looked at her confused as if to continue.
"Your parents were on their way home, but a drunk driver swirved through a red light and hit them, it hit with so much impact they didn't survive." she sighed. I stared at her for a second...what the heck? No. That's like...humanly impossible.
"Huh?" I asked looking really confused.
"I am sorry, until you are 18 you will be put in foster care, and you can call me to discuss all the arrangements." I was in complete shock. This lady wasn't even sensitive, she...wait...she...you don't just knock on someone's door and say this and then offer them your card and, leave?! I took the card from her hand and she gave me a 'sympathetic' look before stepping off my porch and leaving. Umm..wait...what? I really don't even believe this. The guys were all in the kitchen not paying attention. I grabbed the home phone off the table and ran up to my room slamming and locking the door. What is happening? I dialed my mom's number...it had been disconnected. Dad? Same. Wait...what?! This is so screwed up. This doesn't just happen. I curled up on the floor and cried. Silently at first, but starting choking out sobs. There was some knocking at my door then the knob turned and they realized it was locked, they continued banging. I ignored it and kept crying harder and harder. I can't believe this is happening? No...it's not. It's not. It cannot be. They were yelling some stuff until I heard a little clicking noise and all of them rushed in.I layed there still crying.
"Amy! What the crap?!" Patrick yelled as they allrushed over to me. I didn't react..I couldn't. This is impossible.
"What's wrong?" Pete asked quietly as Patrick put his hand on my arm. I just layed there crying, I couldn't even register what was going on. They had been sitting around me for a good 20 minutes trying to calm me down, snap me out of it, and get a reaction. I finally shifted around a little sniffing and scooting over against the wall.
"They can't be. They aren't. This doesn't make sense. How could they...? No they're not, they're not." I kept mumbling nonsense to myself as they stared at me like I've lost my mind. I pulled my knees against me and put my head in them crying silently now.
♠ ♠ ♠
HA! MAJOR TWIST! Goshdangit. Me and my childish mind, now it's playing that song in my head..the one that talks about doing the twist.