When Forever Ends

Vince

Being drunk has recently become on my least favorite thing. Marley doesn’t let me hold Gia when I’m drunk...which I guess is a good thing. So I rarely ever drink now. I wish I could say the same for other people. Mainly being Jake, Jenna, and Ace. They’re so drunk right now I don’t even know how they’re functioning.

“Let’s have a baby!” Jake says excitedly to Jenna. I can’t wait to hear this conversation.

“Noooo! I’ll throw up in the morning. I hate throwing up!” Jenna whines.

“But it’ll be a baby! We can give it a badass name like...Yoda or something.” Jake slurs.

“Oh! Or like...Tallulah.” Jenna responds, now warming up to the idea..

“Yeah! Let’s have a baby.” Jake says and pulls Jenna off toward the room in which they sleep. I would have stopped them but knowing Jenna is on birth control I let it go. Plus Jake looks like he’s going pass out before he can even get his shirt off.

Ace is a different story completely. He’s not a happy drunk tonight. Nope. He’s the angry.

“Maybe you should go to bed.” I suggest.

“Don’t tell me what to fucking do.” Ace shouts at me, leaning forward in his chair. “I’ll do whatever I fucking want!”

I shake my head and walk into the kitchen to get myself another glass of water. Marley isn’t home. She’s at her parent’s house with Gia. Everything with her parents is okay. They forgot all about how much Marley “messed up” when they saw Gia.

I walk back only to find Ace on the phone. Drunk calling is never any good when you’re angry.

“Hi.” he mumbles into his phone.

“Ace, give me your phone.” I hold my hand out for the phone.

“Fuck no. Leave me alone, Ford. I’m on the phone.” he runs his words together. Proving how drunk he really is. I sigh and turn on the TV.

“Yes, you do.” he says lazily while curling up and resting his head on the arm rests of the chair. I could just tell he’s talking to Shayne. He’s never not thinking about her. The way I was never not thinking about Marley before she took me back. But if he doesn’t want to give me the phone, I’m not going to fight with him.

I ignore his drunken mumbles. I know he’s only making things worse with Shayne but I will not physically fight for his phone. He needs to learn how to deal with his emotions without getting drunk. I just want Marley and Gia to get back already. I miss them.

“Bullshit! You’re a fucking liar!” Ace’s sudden outburst makes me jump. “You would say that because you’re a fucking slut!” I can’t make out the words Shayne is saying but they are surely angry and loud. I think I need to fight for the phone now.

“Ford, leave me the fuck alone! I’m trying fucking make her love me!” Ace yells keeping a vice like grip on the phone.

“Well you’re not doing too fucking good! Give me the phone.” I growl.

“No! I’m trying to make her not hate me!”

“You’re only making it worse! Let go!” I pry the phone from his hand and I can hear Shayne crying but talking to Gavin when I raise the phone to my ear.

“Umm, sorry about this.” I mumble and hang up the phone and stuff into my pocket to keep it a safe distance from Ace.

“You know, you really fucked this up Ace!” I yell. Of course I’m angry. Wouldn’t you be angry if one of your best friends is constantly making himself miserable. Yeah, it was partly Shayne’s fault but if Ace would just listen once in a while and wasn’t so goddamn he wouldn’t even be in this mess.

I wake up and untangle myself from the mess of sheets. I put pajama pants on and stumble out of the room. Marley has been gone to work for a few hours now. I pop my head into Gia’s room...she’s not in her crib. I walk toward the sound of the TV and find Jake sitting on the floor staring mindless at a Baby Einstein DVD while Gia yanks a small handful of his too long blonde hair.

“Ow.” Jake says sort of dully but it sends Gia into a fit of laughter.

“Morning.” I say smiling at the sound of her laughter.

“Whoa, hey! Morning. These DVDs are like mind control.” Jake tells me and finally the pain of having Gia pull at his hair hits him.

“FU-UN! Fun!” Jake cuts himself of from saying fuck. After Gia decided to scream fuck after she dropped a cup full of Cheerios. Marley has banished the word from being used around her.

“Ford! I need to talk to you!” Ace says sort of panicky when he appears through the hallway.

“Alright. Talk.” I say picking Gia up to silence her whines and shouts of “Dada!”

“I fu-effed up.”Ace stops himself from saying the forbidden word.

“No kidding.” I say.

“What am I supposed to do? We leave in two days!” I forgot about that part. The part where we leave. I don’t want to leave. I don’t think I am even capable of getting on a plane and leaving the two people who mean the world to me on the other side of the country.

“I’m not leaving.” I say simply. “I can’t. I’m not going to.”

“Yeah, and that’s okay because you’re going to fucking ask Marley to marry you and everything will be just fine then! You won’t be some weird stalker person! Because that’s basically what I’m doing!”

“YOU SAID IT!” Jake screams. “YOU SAID THE WORD!” Jake continues to scream and point at Ace! “Put a quarter in the jar!” Jake demands.

“Shut the hell up, Jake!” Ace snaps.

“Well.” Jake says making a face and raising his hands in defense before walking off.

“After what you said to her last night, I don’t know what to tell you. You need to talk to her, and you need to listen to her. Don’t be so damn stubborn either because that’s what always gets you. Try to not something asshole-ish either.” I says before walking off with Gia.

I swear people should pay me for listening to their problems all the time. I’d be a millionaire just from listening to Bennett’s problems.
♠ ♠ ♠
Eh. I'm in that great of a mood.
Nothing has been going right for me lately.

Comments? Subscribtions? Please!