The Window of Opportunity

Chapter 10

Amy ran after him with the girls following behind them. Billie ran down the hall and then started banging on a door. He was typing as quickly as he could.
Amy didn't want to make Cookie mad or upset. She didn't know what she wanted to do yet.
But she wanted to decide by herself!

Billie had almost finished writing it but the girls were almost by him.
He banged on the door again, but then just opened it. He couldn't wait for Tre!
He ran in to Tre's room and dived into the boys sitting on the floor.
“Help me!” He shouted, trying to press send.
“Billie you send it, and I'll never buy your record again!” Amy shouted running and sitting on him, trying to reach the cell.
Billie pulled it under his chest and shouted, “Amy come on let me sent it”, laughing with it.

All the boys were shocked, even Tre.
“What the hell is going on?” Tre shouted.
“Help me, someone!” Billie shouted again.
Tre ran up behind Amy and put his arms around her, gluing her arms to her sides.
He pulled her off Billie, and she just started laughing.

She didn't care any more what happened between her and Cookie. She was having too much fun.
“No!” She shouted/laughed.
Billie pulled the cell phone up and pressed send!
“Done...done, done. I sent it, oh yeah!” He laughed.
“You Ass”, Amy Laughed, “I thought we were gonna play truth or dare!”
Billie got to his feet and said, “we were”, plainly.
He reached his hand out and pulled her up.
“Here's your cell”, he smiled handing it back to her.
“Gee thanks”, she said looking down at it.
“Wait what did you write?” She asked looking up at him.
Billie turned his head and whistled as he walked toward the door.
“Billie”, Amy called.
“What the hell's going on!” Shawn shouted.
Billie turned around and said, “nothing don't worry. Thanks for the help Tre. Come on Am”.
Tre nodded as if to say, “you're welcome”.

Amy just looked at Billie, “I'm not going any where until you tell me what you wrote”, she said crossing her arms. She felt already so comfortable in front of Billie (pssht. As if you didn't notice).
“Oh, Amy come on. We were having fun until now”, Billie said leaning on the door-frame.
“Yeah, but you just sent a mean text to my friend, I want to know!” She commanded.
Billie just sighed and said, “oh honey you should know I'm never gonna tell you”, he smiled.
“Then I'm not moving”, Amy said looking away from him, very childishly.
Billie just laughed and went to walk out the door, when he turned around quickly and ran and picked her up off the ground.
“Billie”, Amy laughed, “put me down”.

Billie walked off towards the door when he said, “god you're so bossy. Night you guys”, then left leaving the door open as he and the girls disappeared again.

Two hours later ---->

Tia spun the empty beer bottle and it landed on Billie.
“Again!” He shouted, “this is fixed”, he said leaning back on the bed.
“Come on Billie you are so good at the dares”, Amy said.
“Tough, I pick truth this time”, Billie said crossing his arms.
“Ok, um...”, Tia stuttered, “the...I don't know I'm the dare person”, she said.
“Someone think of a question, because I pick truth, ok”, Billie said not moving.
“Oh...uh the worst thing you've ever done to some one”, Amy said just saying the first thing that came into her head.
“The worst thing I've ever done to someone?” Billie asked, “that's stupid”, he said sitting forward.
“No it isn't. Just 'cause you don't wanna answer”, Amy said.
“No, why don't you guys ask for a secret or something?” Billie said.
“Ok, tell us a secret. About you we mean, can't wiggle your way out”, Sky said.
“Um...I...I don't know. Ok, I got one”, Billie said then looking down at the floor.
“What Billie dish the dirt”, Amy said moving over to him.
“God this is kind of embarrassing, you guys can't tell anyone”, Billie said looking at them all individually. “Ok, promise”, Amy said.

“Ok, well I fractured my wrist once...because”, he paused, “...Ok, it was when I was seventeen, ok and I met a girl and you know... we were in her room and her dad came home. He hadn't liked me since he found out she was dating me. And he walked in on us and he, like, literally dragged me out of the bed and threw me out the front door. I hurt my wrist and the worst thing was he didn't give me my clothes back so I walked home, in the dark, in my boxers”, Billie explained as the girls laughed, “my mom took one look at my wrist and told me to go to the hospital. So I did, got and x-ray and I had fractured my wrist. It was like the most embarrassing thing...well it felt like back then”, Billie explained.

Amy was smiling but didn't wanna laugh.
“It's ok you guys can laugh”, Billie said seeing the look on Sky's face.
The girls started laughing but Amy didn't really find it that funny.
“I wonder what story you made up to cover the truth”, she said.
“I told every one I was in a fight”, Billie said trying not to laugh at himself.

“Ok Amy your turn”, Billie practically shouted at her.
She turned to him and he pointed at the bottle. It was pointing at her.
“Oh...no. Not fair. You moved it!” Amy exclaimed.
“I never!” Billie exclaimed back.
Everyone started laughing.
“Ok Amy...” Billie said looking at her evilly, “I dare you to...”
“No I haven't picked truth or dare yet!” She shouted holding her arms out.
“...No new rules... it's dare or dare”, Billie said as Sky put her hand over Billie mouth.
“Truth or dare Amy?” She asked as Billie sighed.
“Um...” she thought as Sky screamed.
“He licked my hand!” She said wiping her hand in Billie's tee.
“No one silences Billie Joe Armstrong!” He shouted at the top of his lungs.
“Ha. Ok dare,” Amy said bravely.
“Yes!” Billie said looking around for some inspiration, “dare you to...”
“Nothing like you or Mike or Tre have done, ok?” Amy said cutting Billie off again.
“Ok. Just shut up and let me dare you!” Billie shouted.
“Fine,” Amy smirked while crossing her arms and legs at the same time.
“Kay um...I'm not sure,” Billie started.
“Aren't you and Mike and Tre like the best at stuff like this?” Sky asked.
“Well, not stuff for sixteen year olds to do,” Billie said rolling his eyes.
“We don't care just anything,” Sky said.
“Hey this isn't your dare. Shut up,” Amy said pushing Sky over.

Ten minutes later ---->

“Oh my god Amy!!” Sky and Tia exclaimed at the same time.
“It was my dare what do you want me to say?” She said scrunching her noes.
“Even I'm grossed out,” Billie said sticking his tongue out.
“Well I licked your foot,” Amy said crossing her arms and smiling at his expression.

“Your turn!” Sky shouted to Amy.
She grabbed the bottle and spun it. It landed on Billie.
“No way this is so fixed!” He shouted crossing his arms.
“The bottle likes you guys,” Sky said to Amy and Billie.
“Ok Billie truth or dare?” She asked.
“Truth. After what I dared you to do I...I don't want your revenge thrown in my face,” he laughed.
“Ok...” Amy said staring into space, “who is your favorite here?”
“That's not fair,” he said turning his face away from everyone.
“Answer,” Sky said.
“Yeah we don't care who you pick,” Tia said as Billie turned back towards everyone.
“Oh. I don't know...I'll say Amy because she's the one who doesn't give a fuck,” he said throwing his arms up.
“Fair enough,” Amy smiled.
Everyone just rolled their eyes and started laughing.
Amy was playing it cool but couldn't believe Billie Joe just said he liked her!!