Creating Something out of Nothing

Chapter One

"You need to tell Zacky how you feel about him."

"Why? So that he'll never talk to me again and our friendship will be over?"

"No, so that you guys can be together the way you need to be. I can tell that this whole fuck-buddies, friends with benefits thing is killing you, Tammy. And I hate seeing you this way."

"Matt, I just... I can't tell him. He'll freak out and never talk to me again."

"You said that already, but what do you stand to gain if you tell him?"

"He doesn't feel the same way, Matt!"

"If he knew how you felt, he'd give it a chance, and he'd see that he does love you how you love him."

"Matt, I know that you're a hopeless romantic, and it's probably due to the fact that you've been with your girlfriend since the fucking sixth grade, but seriously, love doesn't work out for everyone. And it might not work out for me either."

Matt sighed and looked at me. We were sitting on my bed and I was telling him about the night before [minus explicit detail]. Matt was trying to convince me to tell Zacky about my feelings for him, but how could I? Matt saw this as an opportunity for me to gain, but I could only see what I stood to lose: Zacky. I may not have his unconditional love the way soul mates do, or even people in proper relationships, but at least I have his body and some form of affection that he doesn't show anyone else. If I didn't have that, I didn't stand the chance of being happy.

*******************************************************************************

"So, what's going on tonight, guys?"

We, all the guys and their girls, were lounging around in Brian's living room. His parents were out of town for the weekend and we were all deciding what to do to pass the evening by.

"Well, my brother's not working today, if we give him the money, he can provide us with the goods." This came from Ramona, Jimmy's girlfriend. She was this tiny little Slovakian girl that had transferred to our town for some reason-the why is what I can't understand-with a head of long, glossy dark hair and dark, bedroom eyes. She was all of two inches over five feet tall and madly in love with Jimmy; who was in love with her in return. Because she grew up in Europe for most of her life, her parents were very liberal and her older brother, Ludvik, always loved to get alcohol for us. He felt that "it was terrible injustice to not have young people drink early in life", or whatever he actually said. We all called him Vik for short.

"So, we give Ramona money, she and Jimmy go hit up Vik for the liquor, everyone meets back here in a couple of hours, and then we can party?" Brian looked around at everyone for their personal confirmations on the plan.

"Yeah," the guys simultaneously agreed, nodding their head.

"Sounds good to me," Stephani and I said

"Alright, fuckers, get out. Be back here around ten."

*******************************************************************************

"So, do you want me to pick you up or are you driving yourself tonight?" Zacky asked me as we rode in his car after we left Brian's.

"Yeah, you can pick me up. Are you gonna be civilized this time or are you gonna honk so loud the dead wake up?"

Zacky laughed so loud that my body shivered from the vibration of the noise. "I'll ring your cell when I'm coming out of my house, alright?" He stole a glance at me with his eyebrow raised.

"Sure, sounds good," I said, perked up.

"Alright, well, here you are. Get out, be ready to leave by quarter til, okay?"

"Sounds good, dear."

"I'll see you in a little while," he replied, smiling like a little boy up to no good, like stealing a Oreo from the cookie jar. How could I not fall for him?

"Alright, I'll see you in a couple of hours," was my reply as I got out of his car, shutting the door and heading up the sidewalk to my front door.

As I walked through the threshold that was my bedroom door, I thought about what I would wear to Brian's. Maybe something sexy but subtle, hopefully enticing Zack to continue our pattern of hooking up in dark bedrooms. I slid hangers along in the closet as I denied everything until I finally saw top. I yanked it out and quickly searched for a skirt to match as I giggled to myself. I temporarily discarded the articles of clothing to the bed as I made my way to the bathroom to start getting ready the night ahead of me.
♠ ♠ ♠
Rewritten!