Ashley

Whoa.

Ashley's POV

"Ashley? What...Ashley?" Ronnie stuttered, gaping open-mouthed at me.

I shook my head and repeated, "I don't think I can go through with this."

"Don't do this to me!" he shouted as I ran off into the bathroom. I puked into the toilet, then washed my mouth out in the sink. Suddenly, a freshman walked in. She stared at me with wide eyes, then slowly made her way to a stall.

I sulked off to 1st period. I thought about what Ronnie had said. "Don't do this to me." What had he meant? I mean, I knew he understood what I had meant. But what would it matter to him if I was gone? All of a sudden, I got dizzy. I started sweating, and my stomach churned. Just how I always felt before I puked. Before I could stand up to run to the bathroom, I puked all over my desk.

Girls screamed, and guys faces scrunched in disgust. I felt lousy. Mr. Kramer asked me for Dad's number.

I shook my head and told him, "He's on a business trip."

"Your mother?"

"In Arizona."

"Well, sweetie, is there anyone I can call?"

I immediately felt guilty when I said, "Max. He's in English right now."

"I can't believe I had to miss my English test because of you," he complained as soon as he got in his car.

"Look, I'm sorry!"

He shook his head. He was silent the whole ride home. As soon as I let myself in the door, I had to puke again. Now, our bathroom's visible from the living room, which the front door opens up into. A couple minutes after Max left, the front door opened just as I was puking again. Like I said earlier, my mom was in Arizona. At least, she was supposed to leave today for Arizona.

"Ashley? What are you doing home?" Mom asked, closing the door.

"I could ask you the same question," I replied, shocked.

"My car broke down. Peter Radke drove me...honey, are you OK?" She walked over and felt my forehead.

"Yeah, I just puked a couple times, so they sent me home."

"It's just the morning. You've been like this for the past week. Only sick in the morning."

"That's why it's called morning sickness, Mom," I said in a matter-of-fact way. And as soon as I'd said it, I clapped a hand over my mouth.

"Morning sickness? Ashley, that's what...pregnant...women...is there something you want to tell me?" she asked, sternly.

I gulped and looked at the ground.

"Ashley," she asked again.

"Yes," I replied quietly.

She just stood there, and didn't say anything.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yes, the comments=updates thing still applies, it's just that I wrote this...and it's been sitting for about a week, and I just couldn't wait any longer!
So..
.Comments=updates!
& comments make Anna happy!

XOXO,
Anna <3