Ashley

Like The Brightest Star You Shine Through

Ronnie's POV

Michael and I drove around town for a while, and we got back around midnight, hoping Dad would be asleep. We were right. We both quickly fell asleep, but I wasn't asleep for too long.

Someone was shouting. I opened my eyes. I looked at my clock. 6 A.M. I bolted upright and quickly got dressed. I went into the kitchen and saw Michael yelling at Dad. Dad was holding his head with one hand and a bottle of aspirin in the other.

"I've told you! Drinking too much will lead to this! When are you going to learn? You're not 16 anymore, Dad!" Michael yelled.

Dad grunted and poured an aspirin into his other hand. He swallowed it quickly. "Do you have to shout?" he asked.

Michael rolled his eyes and stormed out.

I walked over next to Dad. "You know he's right," I said.

"Yes."

"So why don't you listen?"

"It's not that easy, Ronnie!"

"But, Dad-"

"No. Now go get ready for school," he commanded.

I sighed and threw all my books in my bag. I walked out to my car and got in. I sat in it for a while, doing nothing. Eventually, I started it. I drove much more slowly than usual. Finally, I arrived at school.

"Hi!" Ashley said cheerfully as I approached my locker.

"Hi," I mumbled.

"You look tired," she stated.

I nodded sleepily.

"OK," she replied, and was quiet.

Was she really gonna leave me alone? I looked at her. She busied herself with making sure she had all her homework. I gave a satisfied half-smile and shut my locker. I was looking forward to Friday.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ehh. I don't like this one.
Comments make Anna happy!

xOxO,
Anna <3