Song Of The Heart

Slumdog Millionaire

Image

I couldn’t breathe; the room was spinning, my heart was dropping, and Selena was warmly hugging Nick-who was awkwardly looking my way. So many things had gone wrong since I stepped foot into the Jonas’ hotel room.

I held back my tears as I quietly tried to make my exit. “Alexandra Lewis?” My heart stopped. She’d already ruined my life, what more did she want? “Yeah?” I asked plastering a fake smile upon my face.

Selena’s smile widen as she walked over to me, “I’m a huge fan! Nick told me he was working with you, but I didn’t actually think I was going to meet you! I love your dress, hey maybe we can go shopping for the VMA’s?” I let her embrace me.

“Yeah, sure. Um, call me Lexi-it’s nice to meet you, but um I’ve got to get back to my hotel room.” Selena gave me one last smile before I left the room.

Icried sobbed all the way back.

The moment I stepped through my hotel room door I was scooped up into caring arms. Diana didn’t need a summary to comprehend what happened. To say the least, I cried myself to sleep.

--

“Lexi love, Collin’s on the phone.” I groaned and rolled over smothering myself with my pillow. “No!” I muffled, Diana sighed and held the phone closer to my face. Groaning I grabbed the phone,

“Yes?” I asked, the background noise was pounding-Collin must be on his lunch break. “Lexi hey!” there was a muffled noise and a ‘hey sexy Lexi!’ I suppressed a grin. “Matt shut the hell up!” Collin scolded.

“What do you want Collin?” I rolled my eyes and let Diana gently pet my hair. “Well, I just want to know what’s up with you. I mean it’s not everyday I get a call at the ass crack of dawn from a worried Diana telling me you cried yourself to sleep last night. Lex, are you okay?”

That was probably the only thing I truly loved about my brother. He was always straight to the point, no matter what. “I’m fine.” I lied. “Look Lex, lunch is almost over so I’ve got to go, but promise me you’ll call later? I’m worried about you kid.” I smiled.

“Yeah, okay I promise.” Collin let out a grunt and began to yell at Matt, his best friend since preschool. “Tell Matt I say hi.” Collin continued to argue as I hung up the phone.

Diana smiled at me warmly, “Feel up to going to the studio today?” I glanced out my hotel window and grinned. “Diana, have you ever gone on a shopping spree in New York City?”

--

Six pairs of jeans, nine tee shirts, four pairs of shoes, two scarves, and three pairs of sunglasses later I was camped out with Diana in my hotel living room watching the Breakfast Club.

“Can you catch this in your mouth?” Diana challenged. I opened my mouth and waited for the popcorn piece to land gently inside-instead it hit my eye. “Ow!” I giggled. Diana snorted with laughter.

“So, what are you going to do about the whole ‘Nick’ thing tomorrow?” Diana asked with a wad of popcorn in her mouth. I shrugged and played with the hem of my shirt.

“I don’t know. It’s just so embarrassing, on my part. I mean this is why I don’t get to mentally involved with people it always ends in disaster.” Diana nodded, “Who are you going to take to the VMA’s?” I shrugged.

“I’ll probably go alone.” Diana grinned. “Or you can find a date; I mean you still have what? Three weeks? You go home next week and stuff.” I rolled my eyes at her and threw a cornel of popcorn at her.

“Not going to happen.” We sat in a comfortable silence, “Hey Di? Do you want to see Slumdog Millionaire?” Diana’s eyes shot up and she nodded excitedly.
♠ ♠ ♠
so it's short, but if you want to know why and stuff i made a journal tittle 'sorry' i suggest you read it.

comment and rate pleaseeee

Jess