Song Of The Heart

Sluttish Stacy Thinks What?

Image

I’ll admit, when I laugh-really hard that is, I tend to snort. “I c-can’t be-live, you-you just, ha!” I tried to hold a frown as I bit into my BLT. “Mathew, some people have certain gifts, my snorting is a talent that should be recognized.” I added giggling away.

After being picked up by Collin from SFO we met up with Matt Lebian , an old friend of the Lewis family. “So how’s the singing career Ms. Alexandra?” I glared playfully at Matt. No matter how cocky or stubborn Matt was, he always held this strict southern charm about him.

The first time I ever met Mathew Lebian was around sixteen years ago, right after I was born. My mother and his mother apparently attended the same lamas class and had a few things in common, she was pregnant my mother was pregnant, what a perfect match.

I couldn’t help but just beam at him, growing up in the spotlight tells you a lot about a person, for instance some like you for your fame, and other hate you for it. But with Matt everything was the exact same, no matter what, I could be on tour or hosting an awards show that didn’t matter to him, all that matter was that I was still the little Ms. Lexi he had always known.

“Hey Matt?” I asked randomly. We had set up a quite little picnic with our Jeans’ sandwiches on the lawn right in front of a private prep school. “Yes?” He asked not missing a beat, “How’s school been, how’s life, how’s everything?!” Collin chuckled while biting into his sandwich.

“I see Collin hasn’t been filling you in.” I shrugged and sipped my Dr. Pepper. “Well,” he paused looking slightly unsure, “you defiantly are the talk of the town.” I raised my eyebrows, “Oh really, do tell.”

Sighing Matt rested his sandwich on his plate. “Look Lex, ever since you left school and ‘shot to stardom’ people around here can’t get enough. Everyone’s been bombarding questions on Collin, and sometimes me about you, and I’m not saying it’s your fault but-do you ever think this ‘fame thing’ is a little-aggressive?”

“Aggressive?” Matt nodded faintly, “I think what he’s trying to say,” Collin cut in, “Is that don’t you think you’ve been worked a little to hard, why don’t you take sometime off?” I sighed. “That’s what I’m here for; I’m resting for two weeks remember?”

“That’s not what we mean Lex.” Matt sighed, giving me a knowing stare. “Fine,” I replied sharply, “After the VMA’s I’ll take sometime off, maybe like a month or so, does that sound fair?” Collin nodded, “It’s not us taking the time off, rest relax, get intone with the real world again.” I nodded and sighed, “a month, I like the sound of that.”

“I just want you to be happy.” Matt smiled. “Me to,” Collin agreed.

--

I hummed lightly as Matt strummed my old acoustic guitar. “Are you gonna sing us a song like old times?” Matt grinned; I shrugged and continued to pick at my shirt, “You could just pop in my C.D. plus it doesn’t look like Collin’s to enthusiastic about it” I replied lamely looking down at my now sleeping brother.

Matt cringed, “It’s not the same, nothing’s better then hearing that beautiful voice of yours.” I blushed lightly then suddenly began to laugh, “Remember when you, Collin, Jacob, and I were going to start a band?”

Matt grinned and stopped strumming. “Yeah! And we tried to convince old Morey down in China town to let us play in his store!” I laughed along with Matt, “Hey, whatever happened to old Jake?” Matt shrugged and began strumming again.

“He’s way different now, I don’t know, it’s kind of like when you left for Hollywood he became all cocky and shit.” I glared down at Matt, I didn’t like it when he-or anyone for that matter swore, although me swearing was a different story.

“That’s sad, how’s he doing?” Matt shrugged again, “All I know is that he didn’t try out for baseball this year, and that he’s dating Stacy Mikes.” I’m pretty sure my eyes popped out of my head at that point, “Stacy Mikes? Like, the Stacy Mikes, like sluttish Mikes?”

Matt nodded and grinned, “Oh yeah,” he drawled out, “and you should see Stace, she’s all convince you’re her best friend!” I threw my head back in laughter. “Wow.” I breathed, “A lot has happened hasn’t it?” Matt nodded slowly.

“Hey, so you know how I don’t buy into those magazine crap things, but what’s the deal with you and that Joseph Brother kid?” I rolled my eyes; Matt stared intently at my guitar.

“I’m pretty sure they’re the Jonas Brothers, and nothing.” I replied sharply, “Nothing anymore at least.” I mumbled. Matt nodded, “Good.” He replied, I raised my eyebrow at him. “So, I think I should head home, we’ll chill tomorrow okay? Maybe when Collin isn’t napping.” He replied rolling his eyes.

I nodded and stood up ready to give him a hug, “Glad to have you back Ms. Lexi.” Matt whispered squeezing me tightly. I nodded and watched him walk to the front door, “Hey Matt?” Matt whirled around; one hand working it’s way trying to push his ear plug into his ear. “Do you maybe want to be my date for the VMA’s?” I looked at me feet hoping he wouldn’t catch me blushing.

In a moment Matt was right at my feet again, “I’d love to.” He replied looking me right in the eye, I smiled brightly.

It wasn’t until then that I noticed Matt had placed his soft lips on mine. He quickly pulled away and headed for the door, I watched it close and Matt quickly call out to my mom, “Have a nice night mama Lewis!”

The worst part about his kiss was that I liked it. And I wanted it to happen again.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry i was sick all week! hence the lack of update,
but please comment and rate, love Jesseeeeeee