Song Of The Heart

Whatever You Say Popstar

Image

“This one?” I asked holding up a metallic bubble dress, “or this one?” Matt groaned and placed his hands over his eyes, “No more! Isn’t this something you should be doing with your sister?” I glared and set the two down.

“You don’t like either of them do you?” I replied, “And besides Megan’s at school-trust me she’d be much more helpful.” Matt, who had decided to ditch school today, was helping me pick out dresses for the VMA’s. To say the least, it wasn’t going to well.

“Why don’t we grab a bit to eat first, huh?” I groaned but nodded, “Fine. But right after lunch we’re finishing this once and for all.” Matt grinned and grabbed my hand, “What ever you say dear, what ever you say.”

--

“That was so good!” I groaned patting my stomach. “Yeah, so this totally beats going to school today.” Matt grinned lazily, I pursed my lips together, “you’re going tomorrow right?” Matt shrugged.

“Matt.” I hated it when people skipped out on school, it had to be a pet peeve. “What?! You don’t go to school!” he defended. “That’s different, besides I think I might stop by,” I trailed off.

“No,” Matt replied bluntly, “and why not?” I asked raising my eyebrow. “It’s too dangerous, you’ll be mobbed!” I rolled my eyes, “you sound like Mo.” “Well maybe Mo and I share a couple things in common.” He snapped, “yeah like what?” my stomach tighten in anger.

“Like for one we both care about you, besides you don’t need to join me in that hell hole.” I grinned and threw a twenty onto the patio table, “So it’s settled, I’ll be joining you tomorrow.”

Matt rolled his eyes, “you’re loss of time I suppose, and I’ll pick you up at seven?” I scrunched up my noise, “that early? Wow, was this a recent change, didn’t school start at nine?” Matt grinned.

“I don’t believe it did, maybe getting up and out might be good for you.” I rolled my eyes and grabbed his hand as we exited the tiny Italian restaurant. “Hmm, where to?” I asked Matt’s eyes lit up, “well we could go to Lids.”

“You don’t need another hat Matt, and besides I’m pretty sure you promised we’d continue dress shopping, right?” Matt didn’t respond, I nudged him playfully and let our hands swing.

“I like being home,” I replied quietly, Matt grinned down at me “me too.” I giggled as Matt’s lips connected with mine for just a moment, “you don’t even know.” He smiled.

--

“Hey Lex, was Matt with you all day?” Collin called out from the front door. Collin was just returning home from school while I had just begun weaving friendship bracelets at the dining room table.

“Yup.” I called back weaving the fabric together. “No wonder, he totally bailed out of the Spanish test we had today.” He replied getting some orange juice out of the fridge.

“Get me a glass too? But, that does sound like Matt, oh! And we decided I’m coming to school tomorrow.” Collin looked up from his pouring, “we there is no way in hell Matt bought into that.”

I looked up from my bracelet. “wow, you’re like not even concerned-it’s nice.” Collin grinned and set my share of the fruity juice down besides me, “I’m not, I’m more surprised Matt’s way more whinny over this stuff, we doesn’t really mean we does it?” Collin smirked raising a brow.

“It does in my book.” I replied smirking, “Besides I’m just going to shadow you or Matt the whole time-it’s no biggie, maybe Big Jon will follow me around.” Collin snorted, Big Jon was probably the biggest kid you’ll ever meet, he stood at a tall 6’6 and was made of pure muscle-he was also a good friend of Collin’s.

“Yeah.” Collin replied sipping his juice, “Well I have to go to practice, I just stopped off to drop off my stuff.” Collin replied standing up, “baseball practice?” Collin nodded. “Tell Matt and Jon I say hi.” I smiled, Collin shook his head but smiled.

“You need your own friends Lex.” I scoffed, “They are my friends! They just happen to hang around you more.” I snapped. Collin smirked, “Whatever you say pop star, whatever you say.”
♠ ♠ ♠
soooo, i'm going out of town for a couple of days...hence this chapter.
COMMENT AND RATE si'll vous plait?