Song Of The Heart

I Haven't Thought Of Britney Spears

Image

“Mattie!!” I yelled excitedly, as much as I was in a rut-with this whole Nick thing, I was still thrilled to see my old best friend slash new boyfriend, it never got easier calling him that.

“Lexi love!” Matt smirked, rushing over to me and spinning me around. I could feel eyes on me, eyes of airport onlookers, let them stare I smirked. “Now you look beautiful” he grinned sweetly. “Awe, why thank you!” I giggled, kissing his cheek gingerly.

“I think I should take you out to lunch, maybe give you an exclusive tour around New York?” I suggest, snuggling into his body. Matt let out a deep chuckle and wrapped his arm around my shoulders.

“I’d love that.” He replied looking into my blue eyes. I couldn’t help it. I reached up and kissed him gently on the lips. I’m sure photographers where going to have a field day with this.

“I really did miss you.” I whispered, our lips barely touching. Matt pressed his lips firmly into mine once more. “Let’s get my bags babe.”

We waited for twenty minutes, stupid airport baggage check, and finally hailed a cab. We spent most of the cab in silence, well if silence you mean a heavy make out session then yes.

I’m pretty sure the cabbie was getting fairly uncomfortable.

“Where are we love?” Matt asked sweetly, I just bit my swollen lip and latched onto his hand. “Follow me.” I didn’t really mind the flashes of photography. It actually filled me with some pride, Nick was likely to see these photo’s. Just like I had seen of Selena.

“This is the best Chinese restaurant you’ll ever eat at.” I grinned; Matt tensed up-clearly out of place. “Babe, I’m not exactly dressed up,” he replied shyly. I shook my head and kissed his cheek.

“Neither am I.” I replied looking down at my outfit. The Masa was a classy joint, there was doubt about that. But what where they going to due? Kick me out? I’d like to see them try.

Matt relaxed and we followed the waitress to our table. I smiled up at him, and began to scan the menu. “So, what have you been doing Mr. Lebian?” I asked.

Matt shrugged and grinned, “Nothing, getting crap from people at school, and thinking about you.” I smiled softly, “what do you mean ‘getting crap’ Mattie boy?” Matt just shrugged once more, “oh you know. A couple guys are just upset and clearly jealous that I’m dating the most beautiful girl in the world, that’s all.”

--(Nick)—

Jealously raced through my body. Alex had ditched rehearsal so she could go pick up her ‘boyfriend’. The thought made me sick, I was suppose to be with her. I was suppose to be on a date with her, I was suppose to fall in love with her.

Okay, maybe the last one I’d already covered.

I still wasn’t to sure on my feelings for her. I was on the border, between a strong like and a possible love. It was hard not to fall for a girl like Alex. She was damn beautiful for one, she was talent-obviously, and she had this engaging personality, like a drug almost. And I was her druggie, always wanting more.

“Nick, hellooo Nickie?!” Joeannoyingly waved a hand in front of my face. I swatted it away, “what?” I snapped. Joe just grinned. “You were zoning out there buddy, I was getting kind of nervous for you.”

I rolled my eyes and stood up. We were having yet another rehearsal for our VMA performance. Minus Alex, of course. “What’s up with you?” Joe questioned, sitting down right besides me.

I sighed, and took the seat I was formerly sitting in. “Just thinking.” I replied. “Thinking?” Joe mused, I shook my head. “Hm, and none of these thoughts would have to do with a certain pop star, would they?”

I shook my head and grinned, “come to think of it, Britney Spears hasn’t crossed my mind in a while.” Joe frowned. “No, I’m not thinking about her.” it hurt to say her name, I almost felt dirty, “Righttttt.” Joe drawled out.

I stood up once more, “I’ve got to call Selena, I don’t have time for this.” I replied sharply. “Isn’t that what got you into all your problems in the first place?” I glared down at him.

“Bye Joseph.” I paced back and forth and scanned through my contacts.Selena’s Selly’s number lighting up the screen. Why she asked to be called Selly? I’ll never know.

“Nick?” a familiar voice answered. I smiled slightly, “Hey, I just wanted to see how things are going?” there was a small scoff and a unfamiliar grunt, a guys grunt.

“Nick, what have I told you? I’m hanging up now.” My eyes snapped up, “No-wait,” it was too late; the girl I loved wanted nothing to do with me. Great.

“I’m sorry Lex.”
♠ ♠ ♠
So. I haven't updated in a while-but i decided i wanted to continue this story, so if you would please comment and rate i will be more then happy to return. I really don't think people understand how much commenting does make me want to update, it gives me motivation.

plus it's summer! Jess