Song Of The Heart

Please Remember December

Image
Image
Image

“Please welcome to the stage, the Jonas Brothers and Alexandra Lewis!” Usher’s voice boomed.

I sucked in my breath. Paul Jonas gave us the signal, notifying us that our microphones where on. I could hear the audience roar.

“Lexi please!” Nick begged. The platform began to rise, “Let’s just sing.” I whispered back harshly.

The music began playing, and the lights went out. I opened my mouth to sing, don’t look him in the eye. Suddenly the lights flashed on,

Alex
I feel a separation coming on.
'Cause I know that you want to be moving on.

And I wish that it would snow tonight
You pull me in, avoid a fight.
'Cause I feel,
A separation coming on.


I walked down the steps, the boys following close behind.

Joe
Just prove that there is nothing left to try.
It's the truth.
I'd rather we'd just (walk) tonight.

You kiss me with those open eyes.
It says so much.
It's no surprise, to you,
but I've got something left to say.


Joe walked over to me, singing his heart out.

Everyone
Don't surrender,surrender,surrender,
please remember,remember December.
We were so in love back then.
Are you listening
to what they say?
Don't go that way.
Remember,remember,December.
Please remember.
Don't surrender.

I knew Nick’s part was coming up. I quickly walked around the stage, touching fans hands. I could feel someone walking towards me; I quickly brushed past Nick, heading to the opposite side.

With Nick still hot on my trail.

Nick
You said, you wouldn't let them change your mind.
'Cause we're here, together fire melts the ice.
Our hearts are both on overdrive,
come with me let's run tonight.
Don't let,
these memories be left behind.


Before I could run away Nick grabbed my arm, forcing me to stay in one spot while he serenaded me.

I desperately tried to look anywhere but him, I could feel Nick moving closer, as a reaction I did the one thing I would regret.

I looked him dead in the eye.

And never looked away.

Nick and Alex
Don't surrender,surrender,surrender,
please remember,remember,December.
We were so in love back then.
Are you listening
to what they say?
Don't go that way.
Remember,remember,December.
Please remember.

Alex
I remember, us together,
with the promise, of forever.
We can do this,
fight the pressure.
Please remember December.

Don't surrender.


Nick and Alex
Don't surrender,surrender,surrender,
please remember,remember,December.
we where so in love back then
Are you listening
to what they say?
Don't go that way.
Remember,remember,December.
Please remember.
Don't surrender.

The song faded out and the audience erupted into an enormous wave of applause. My eyes still glued helplessly to Nick’s. His mouth suddenly twitched. He was fighting a smile.

We still stood there, our eyes boring into one another’s.

And it didn’t matter who was watching.

The lights faded to black, and Nick suddenly grabbed my hand rushing us off stage.

I giggled but still gripped his hand tightly, “Nick where are we going?!” I laughed, we where running in the opposite direction of the green room.

“Here,” Nick breathed, pushing me and him into a tight broom closet.

Confusion flooded my eyes, the room was pitch black, I could barely make out his figure. “Nick what are-“ Nick quickly cut me off.

“this.” He breathed, attaching his lips hastily to mine. I jumped in surprise but quickly melted into the kiss. Our lips moved in synch, desperately trying to make up for lost time.

I knotted my hands into his curly hair; he hoisted me up and pushed me up against the closet wall, which was very small mind you.

At that moment all the problems I was having, every worry I had faded away. Sure I thought of Matt, and then I thought of Selena. Maybe my conscious was on holiday, or maybe I chose to be selfish. But none of that stuff mattered.

I was with Nick, where I belonged.

We continued our heated make out session for several minutes, finally separating for air. “I-I.” I didn’t know what to say, all I could do was smile.

Nick smiled too, his forehead gently touching mine. “They’re probably looking for us y’know,” I reminded him; Nick chuckled and reattached his lips to mine.

“Screw them.”

--

“Hey Matt,” I whispered, finally returning to my seat. He smiled at me, “What took you so long?” I couldn’t tell Matt that would be so wrong. Well cheating on him was pretty bad too.

“Oh you know business the norm.” I played it off. Shrinking down into my seat I searched the guests. My eyes landed on Selena, who looked like she was in a deep conversation with Nick.

Nick smiled happily at her.

I brushed it off and continued to watch the show.

--

I only won one award, which was best female artist. I couldn’t complain. I was actually extremely happy. The awards had ended and everyone was filing out of the studio.

“Hey could I talk to you for a second?” Matt asked quietly. I nodded and let a women pass me. “Yeah?” Matt looked down at his feet.

“I really like you Alex, I do. I’ve always had a small thing for you, and when you asked me out-I-I was so happy. But, watching you and Nick I-“ Matt stopped talking and inhaled, looking me into the eyes.

“That connection you two had, I’ll never have that with you. I know you love him,” I felt my eyes prickle. “I didn’t want to hurt you.” I whispered softly. Matt wiped my eyes, “I’ll always love you Lex. Now go find your man.”

I grinned and kissed him one last time. “I love you Matt.” He smiled, “I love you too Lexi smexy. Go get him!”

I grinned and rushed off through the isle. I ran down to where the Jonas’ where sitting. No luck, my eyes darted through the crowd.

“Joe.” I whispered, spotting the middle Jonas. Rushing off, I pushed myself through the throng of people. “Joe!” I screamed, Joe turned around, but still didn’t see me.

I pushed through the crowd occasionally calling Joe’s name. Finally catching up to him I caught my breath. “Where’s Nick?” Joe looked at me strangely.

“He’s looking for you, what’s up, why?” I shook my head and began pushing my way through the crowd once more.

I easily made it outside. I ignored the photographer’s screams and rushed around. “Lex!” I quickly turned around, a grin gracing my lips.

Slowing down I walked over to the culprit.

“What about Selena?” I asked, my eyebrows furrowing.

He smirked and grabbed my hands, “and what about Matt?”

Matching his smirk I stepped closer, I could tell the paparazzi was going wild.

“I don’t think we’ll have to worry about them anymore.” I replied coyly.

Nick leaned closer, his face nearly touching mine. “Good.” He breathe, his hot breath tickling my lips.

“Good.” I replied.

And then our lips connected.
♠ ♠ ♠
AHHHH they’re finally together!!!! This is great, see this would be a good time to discontinue the series (with an epilogue of course) but I’m still not sure. We’ll see.

I hope you guys enjoyed it! I was actually really proud of this chapter :)

Please go check out my besties stories, they’re simply AMAZING!! !

Her username is siennarea

She’s super nice, so chat her up! Lol

XOXO Jess