Song Of The Heart

Leave It To Jonas

Image

When life gives you lemons, you quickly eat them and smile through your tears. No matter how hard you want to break down and cry, no matter how squirmy you are, no matter what. You smile, look happy, act happy and seem untouchable.

When life gives you Nick Jonas, you shrink from nervousness.

Well that’s what I did anyway. Maybe he saw through my front-and maybe he was being painfully polite, but did Nick Jonas hate me? Because he sure did act like it.


I sighed combing through my hair for the fifteenth time, “Lexi you look beautiful.” Mo smirked switching channels. I glared at him and stood up, “Are you sure this looks alright? Not to fancy?” Mo sighed and sat up straight.

“Alexandra, you look more then amazing. If you don’t believe me look in the mirror.” I mumbled and walked into the master bathroom, my dress, ended right above my knees and my hair was curled into a simple up do.

“Hey Mo?” I called from inside the bathroom, “What time is it?” there was a muffled sound, “It’s nearly seven Lex, I’d head down to the lobby now.” I nodded and sprayed a bit of La Belle onto my neck.

“See ya in a bit Mo,” I smiled kissing his forehead. Big Mo nodded, his eyes never leaving the television. “Alright be back by eleven or else I’ll call the police.” I flipped him off and left my suite.

I’d known Big Mo since I was thirteen, he was hired to make sure I was safe at all times. Meaning anywhere I went he went, it didn’t take to long for our strictly business relationship to grow and develop into a friendship-and now more of a brother and sister relationship.

He was my protector and I was his fragile supporter.

My thoughts raced as my golden heals clicked against the linoleum floor in the main lobby. My stomach was rolling and my palms began to heat up, I couldn’t do this. I had to turn back now.

“Alexandra!” I nearly groaned, there was no way out of this. I forced my best smile and turned around. Right behind me were three boys, all looking swooningly gorgeous.

“Hey boys!” Kevin grinned kissing my cheek twice. “I’m so glade you could make it, this seems to be a great way to get to know you, you know?” damn his optimism. I nodded and turned to Joseph who I kissed twice on the cheek as well.

“Looking good Lewis.” Joe smirked. Playfully I batted my eyelashes at him, “Not to bad yourself Jonas.” Maybe this wasn’t going to be so bad after all.

Nick, who was awkwardly standing behind his older brother, simply smiled at me. Once again I forced myself to not runaway. Why did Nick hate me so much? Maybe he was just shy…or maybe he hated me.

“Ready to go?” Kevin smiled. Kevin was my favorite at the moment-no doubt about that. I nodded and let Joe drape his arm lazily around my shoulders. “We’re out!” he grinned.

-

“This is probably our favorite place to come when we visit New York.” Kevin explained as we entered The Melting Pot. The warm smell of chocolate filled my senses. “It smells amazing already,” I grinned.

A small plump women smiled at us and happily showed us to our table. “So do you just want to order a whole bunch of stuff and share?” Kevin suggested scanning over the menu. I shrugged and glanced over at Nick, who still hadn’t said a word that night.

“Why don’t you guys order whatever- I’ll be right back.” I quickly replied standing up from my seat. I quickly asked the women who sat us where the restrooms where and nearly sprinted into the safety zone.

I stood frozen in front of the elegant mirror. What was wrong with me? Why didn’t Nick like me-or better yet, why didn’t he even look at me? There was no doubt that this wasn’t just shyness.

Whatever it was sent me into overdrive of self-consciousness.

Letting my anxiety die down I decided I needed to face the music. I gave myself the once over and left the comfort of the restroom.

I nearly died with laughter at the sight in front of me.

There was Joseph Jonas in all his glory, with chocolate smeared all over his face. Leave it to Joe Jonas to cheer a girl up.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey guys, so i'm very pleased to see how many of you subscribed but barely anyone has commented on this story-and to be honnest it's very discuraging, so if you want more updates i hope you'll comment and rate :)

Jess