Song Of The Heart

Who Says Ditto?

Image

Lesson of the day, don’t ever live your life with regrets.

I groaned as a playful slap reached my mid back. “Time to get up sunshine!” groaning I pushed my head further into my pillow. “So, apparently someone didn’t get back in time for curfew.” A light voice rang out through my suite.

“Some things came up.” I mumbled. “Aren’t you supposed to be in L.A. right now?” I asked sitting up straight. Diana Sanchez, smirked and plopped down onto the cozy bed.

“Aren’t you supposed to be at the studio in twenty minutes?” Frantically I scampered out of bed and rummaged around through my suitcase. “Why didn’t you wake me sooner?! Ugh, I’m going to be late!” Diana smirked, “I just got here chica.” her light Hispanic accent ringing through the room.

Quickly grabbing my toiletries I locked myself in the master bathroom and heated up the shower water. Washing from head to toe I hopped out and changed into this, frantically I blow dried my hair and quickly applied my make up.

“Done!” I smirked exiting the bathroom; Diana rolled her eyes and stood up, “Yeah but you’re still going to be late. Mo’s waiting outside with the limo, ahora apresúrese.” I nodded and quickly threw on my Marc Jacob’s shades.

I had known Diana Sanchez since I was fourteen. Originally she was my tour manager, helping me adjust to life on the road, setting up concerts and venues-that kind of thing. But when I hit fifteen I realized I needed someone much closer to me, someone to work alongside me, someone to keep me company and entertained, someone to be my best friend-really my only friend.

And so Diana started her new job as my personal assistant.

“We’re here hun,” Diana cooed from beside me, I nodded and let Mo exited the limo first. “Do you want anything from Peet’s? I’ll drop it off I have a couple things to do first.” I nodded, “Sure, um can I have a mocha chi please?” Diana nodded, “See ya in a bit sugar.”

“Ready Lexi?” Mo asked holding the door open for me; I nodded and hurriedly scooted my way out of the limo. The minute I stepped my foot out I regretted it. Flashes and screams went off; Mo instinctively blocked all view of me and rushed me into the tall building.

“Remember where to go Lex?” Mo asked his brows in a bunch. I nodded and gave him a quick hug. “Now all I have to do is face the wrath of Ed Ronworth.”

--

“I’m sorry I’m late!” I said quickly rushing into the studio. Ed, who was working the sound booth, smirked. “Well, you’re rather early for you-only twenty minutes past nine.” I playfully glared at him and set my purse down.

“In that case should I come back later?” I smirked. “Lexi!” a laughing Joe Jonas boomed. I chuckled a bit and wrapped him into a tight hug. “Long time no see bud,” I smiled. Joe nodded excitedly but was pushed out of the way by Kevin.

“Hey Lex,” Kevin smiled engulfing me into a hug, “Hey, um, where’s Nick?” I asked rather confused. “Back here!” Nick called. Looking past Kevin I noticed his curly hair bouncing. He was tuning his guitar.

“Alright kiddies, now that y’all are here please take a seat.” I happily obliged Ed and popped down onto the brown leather couch. “What we doing today Ronworth?” Joe asked, picking up his legs and resting them in my lap.

Ed chuckled and leaning back into his chair. “Today I’m going o give y’all some down time. Let you guys come up with a concept-maybe write some lyrics all that jazz, you down?” I nodded and swatted Joe away, who was popping his gum obnoxiously into my ear.

“So it’s settled!” Ed grinned clapping his hands together, “I’ll be back later to check up on you guys.”

Maybe locking us in a studio for hours on end-alone wasn’t the best idea. “I’m so bored!” I groaned twirling a piece of my blonde hair. “Ditto.” Joe groaned. “Who says ditto?” I asked playfully swatting his forehead.

“Gah! Leave me alone!” Joe yelped. My stomach clutched with laughter. “So we’ve been in here for three hours, and we’ve got nothing.” Kevin mumbled rubbing his eyes. “Yeah, I mean I don’t know about you guys, but I can only write about real life events and feelings, this sporadic stuff-not so much.”

Joe grinned, “Why don’t you write about kicking Nick in the stomach.” I glared a Joe and stretch my arms, “Where is Nick?” I asked looking around, “On his cell,” Kevin replied nonchalantly.

I nodded and stood up, “Well I’m out.” “Where are you gunna go?” Kevin asked raising an eyebrow at me, “I’m going to find some inspiration.” I smirked.

“Or wreak havoc on New York.” Joe snickered.
♠ ♠ ♠
Soooo comment and rate! oh and if someone would love to make me a banner, i'd love you forever. No joke.

Loveeee Jess