Status: Completed

Unexpected

Ch. 15

Kevin’s POV

Something made a loud thunk against the door startling me. But what Cassie screamed hurt me more.

“JUST GO AWAY!!!!!!!!”

I felt my eyes start to fill with tears. I wiped at my eyes furiously and tried to pull myself together. I just knew that if I were to look in a mirror my face would be contorted with pain, anger, and fear. What had I done to make her so mad at me?

What…

Cassie’s POV

Has soon as I screamed those three words I regretted them. I was just so angry, and just so upset. I buried my head in my knees, wrapping my arms around my legs tighter, and waited for the next blow.

The next move.

Kevin’s POV

I took a step back from the door. I didn’t know what to do or what to say. I didn’t even know why she was so mad at me so suddenly. We had both been so happy. We had finally come to realize that we cared greatly for each other and now…now she was hiding from me. Almost has if she was scared of me.

But I just didn’t know.

I was so confused. I sat down trying to think of why she would suddenly be like this, so secretive to me. I know that my dad had interrupted out intimatish moment and then she left despite my weak attempt to keep her there. And once the fight was over, she was gone.

I had called so many times but there was no answer. She was refusing to talk to me, for a reason unknown to me.

And I didn’t know how to make her feel better…and I hated it.

Leslie’s POV

It had been close to a half house since Joe, Gabby, Nick, and I left Kevin alone with Cassie. Well alone with her sulking behind her bathroom door.

Gabby and I swapped what we knew with what Joe and Nick knew about the current situation. We had all come to the conclusion that this was what had happened so far:

1. Cassie never left Kevin alone for more than a few minutes.

2. She laid down next to him at one point.

3. He woke up to her lying right next to him

4. They confessed their love for each other and kissed a bit.

5. Papa Jonas interrupted them and got into a scream fest with Kevin while Cassie slipped quietly away.

6. Kevin tried to reach Cassie for a week but she was ignoring him for reasons not fully know. For all we knew was that when Kevin and his dad fought she came to the conclusion that they couldn’t be together, but we knew that there was more to it but Cassie wouldn’t budge…not yet anyway.

She was stubborn and hard-headed. A quality we all shared. I felt so bad for Kevin. This situation just HAD to be killing them both…although Cassie would NEVER admit to it.

Joe’s POV

I walked carefully up the stairs and walked spy like to Cassie’s closed bedroom door. I cracked the door open and poked my head around the door to observe the situation.

My heart fell when I saw my brother sitting all crouched into a ball outside Cassie’s closed bedroom door.

He looked so broken. Like a little kid…not at all like my big brother: strong, happy Kevin.

I sighed and shut the door quietly.

I suddenly realized how much I missed my happy big brother.

Cassie’s POV

I don’t know when or at what time, but I eventually cried myself to sleep. I didn’t’ even know how long I had been asleep or what time it currently was. All I knew was that I cried myself to sleep right there on my bathroom floor which is exactly where I was when I woke up.

I slowly stood up and washed my face. I starred at my puffy red eyes in my bathroom mirror.

God I looked horrible.

I opened the bathroom door slowly and almost screamed in shock when I saw Kevin lying across the doorway fast asleep.

I looked up to see Joe and Nick sleeping on my bedroom floor in sleeping bags while Leslie and Gabby were sprawled across my bed.

I looked back down at Kevin. God did her look so beautiful when he was asleep.

But, I quickly shut my bathroom door when I heard someone shift and say my name questionably.