Status: Completed

Unexpected

Ch. 2

~ current time~

I couldn’t move, didn’t want to move from my chair.
The chair closest to him and yet not close enough.
I just wanted to hold his hand….hold onto him………………..

But I couldn’t………..

I didn’t have the strength to.

~1 year ago ~

I sat on my swing in the backyard just rocking back and forth….back and forth when suddenly…..he came into my field of vision.
Kevin always had a way of just showing up when I least expected it….and at the same time I most expected him to show up too.
It was a never-ending mystery that I didn’t want to end.
A game I would always want to play…has long has he was there…has long has Kevin was there.
I sat on my swing waiting for him to say something….anything….i just wanted to hear his voice.
But he never did speak…he just sat down on the swing next to me and sighed.
Something was bothering him. Something huge. Like nuclear atomic bomb huge.
But still he didn’t speak.
So we both just sat there in silence…slowly rocking back and forth with the wind.
Both not saying a single word.
But that was how we were with each other.
Comfortable.
So comfortable that we could have sat there forever not saying a single word…and still be saying so much………
♠ ♠ ♠
please comment