The Only Difference Between Brent Wilson and Jon Walker Is the Name

Chapter 18.

The time they had in the cabin soon came to an end but they were no closer to a new album. They all returned to their homes and Jon was shocked to find out that Tom was no longer a part of The Academy Is… anymore.

“Bill, what happened?” Jon asked when he was told.

William shrugged. “We’ve been arguing for ages, but he and Butcher had this really, really big ass fight in the studio-”

“When was this?”

“About a week ago. He stormed out of the studio, and he seemed pretty pissed. I mean, I haven’t heard from him since, I don’t know how he’s doing or anything. But I need to introduce you to our new awesome guitarist. Chizzy’s awesome, he’s got amazing skills and-”

“Wait, who?”

“Chizzy. Well, Michael Guy Chislett, but his nickname’s Chizzy. We’ve known him a while but we decided the day after the fight with Tom that he had to be in.” William said.

“How comes I’ve never heard you mention him?” Jon asked, not liking the way the conversation was going.

“Because we didn’t really get to talk, I mean, you’ve been busy with the guys, starting work on the new album, and we’ve been touring a lot.”

“Bill, does this sound familiar to you? Band member has fight with other band members, storms out, new band member joins next day, no word from old band member.” Jon said, his heart thumping fast.

William’s eyes widened in realisation. “Shit, you don’t think that Tom’s-”

“I don’t know, but I haven’t heard from him in the same time you have, and now you’ve got another guitarist.” Jon chewed his nail as he thought about it for a moment. “I’m going over to his apartment. If he’s really this new guy, then his apartment won’t have been touched.”

“I’m coming with you.”

The two of them got in William’s car and they drove round to Tom’s apartment. Jon was nervous the whole time. What if what had happened to him also happened to Tom too? He kept thinking about everything until William touched his shoulder and told them that they were there.

They got out of the car and got in the elevator to Tom’s floor. When they reached his door, Jon raised his hand tentatively and knocked loudly. They waited for about a minute before looking at each other.

“Maybe he’s out?” William said. “I mean, the same thing can’t happen twice, can it?”

“After this happening to me, I’ll believe anything.” Jon told him. He knocked again, willing Tom to just open the door, to just be in.

“TOM! OPEN UP! PLEASE!” Jon shouted, banging on the door.

Then they heard a click and the door opened barely and Tom emerged, looking sleepy and hung over. “What?” He asked, then he saw William and started to close the door.

“Tom, no, don’t.” Jon said, walking in and hugging him. “Oh God, I was really fucking close to thinking that it was true.”

“Thinking what was true? And what’s he doing here? I don‘t want him here.” Tom asked, glaring at William, who looked down and bit his lip.

“We were talking and I thought that you might have… well, with their new guitarist, I thought that… what happened with me had happened with you as well.”

“You thought I was that Aussie?” Tom snorted. “Yeah, I wouldn’t have wished to be Australian, don’t worry about it.” Tom told them.

“Tom, I’m sorry that this didn’t work out. I’m really, really sorry.” William said.

Tom sighed. “Yeah I know. It was my decision as well. I’m sorry I blew up just now, I’m hung over and tired and just… I’m sorry Bill.”

“It’s ok. I’m sorry about everything. I still wanna be your friend, I don’t want this to come between us.”

Tom nodded and smiled at him. “Neither do I. I’m not sure Butcher will want to still though-”

“Butcher will get over it. Eventually.” William told him.

“Aw, happy families. Come on, group hug.” Jon said, pulling William towards them. The three men hugged for a few moments. “Don’t ever leave me, Tomrad.” He whispered into Tom’s ear. “You don’t ever get to leave Tommy, got it?”

“Not gonna happen J-Walk.” Tom said into Jon’s shoulder.

William left a little while later while Jon stayed to talk to Tom about what he was going to do now. He figured he’d try and get a tech job for now, but he wanted to try and get another band together. Not now, but in the future some time. Jon told him he could tag along on their next tour if he wanted to, for something to do, and Tom smiled and nodded.
♠ ♠ ♠
I am SO sorry I've been away all this time! I have no excuse really!
I will say now that I've been posting more of my stuff onto Livejournal as I rarely come onto Mibba anymore, but I was looking through my fics on my laptop and it occurred to me how many fics I haven’t finished posting!
I promise that I will try and get this all posted, but in the mean time, go check out the fics I've posted on my Livejournal comm HERE. There are a few fics that I posted here originally, but I decided to crosspost over to there as well.

I know it's been a while, but a comment would probably help me on my way to updating again. :)

Love and hugs, DanniBearrr xoxo